Ultimate Fantastic Four #34 Discussion (Spoilers)

I wish I "got" it. I really do. I dont like being bored by these issues.
The way I see it Carey's trying to say the these aliens are so alien that they border on being incomprehensible. It makes it rather hard to follow, but I respect that he's trying something pretty different. Personally, I felt Anhilus was a bit too human like. Not in his appearance of course, but in his attitude toward humans and his ability to socialize with them.

The first issue for me was way too out there, but this issue was a little bit better. I like the concept of a race that is peaceful, but they creates warriors to defend them.

The way I see it Carey's trying to say the these aliens are so alien that they border on being incomprehensible. It makes it rather hard to follow, but I respect that he's trying something pretty different. Personally, I felt Anhilus was a bit too human like. Not in his appearance of course, but in his attitude toward humans and his ability to socialize with them.

The first issue for me was way too out there, but this issue was a little bit better. I like the concept of a race that is peaceful, but they creates warriors to defend them.

hmm...

I don't know where you're getting the incomprehensible part. I'm following everything that's going on pretty well. And there have been plenty of comics that get very confusing very quickly. Carey's doing a good job.
And Annihilus being "too human"? They couldn't understand the language he was speaking.

Didn't you say that you never particularly liked Thanos?

Yeah, but that doesn't have anything to do with it. I never particularly liked Thor or Hawkeye before reading Ultimates.

E needs to open his mind, but this shows how drastically different opinions are.

I see this story as a huge improvement from Millar's, whose I felt was too fantastical (I'm aware of the irony) for the Ultimate Universe. The stories felt rushed, and non originally to me. But E loved these stories.

This space opera that Carey has planning seems more of the UFF style, instead of fantastical, we have a more science fiction-y story that has a more serious undertone that is needed in the Ultimate Universe.

E needs to open his mind, but this shows how drastically different opinions are.

I see this story as a huge improvement from Millar's, whose I felt was too fantastical (I'm aware of the irony) for the Ultimate Universe. The stories felt rushed, and non originally to me. But E loved these stories.

This space opera that Carey has planning seems more of the UFF style, instead of fantastical, we have a more science fiction-y story that has a more serious undertone that is needed in the Ultimate Universe.

That's probably a good reason. I'm enjoying this more than I enjoyed Millar's run and it's certainly possible that it's because it's more scientific than fantastical.

Yeah, but that doesn't have anything to do with it. I never particularly liked Thor or Hawkeye before reading Ultimates.
Same here. The Ultimate universe is a chance to start over. I never really cared for Thanos(or really knew too much about him for that matter), but I'm excited about U.Thanos.

Millar's run was good, but I like UFF getting back to the sci-fi too.

I knew this would happen if I tried to bring the thread off-topic.

I love Millar's FF but am not really interested in Carey's FF.

I liked this issue better than the last one. The ravens are so sick. They kinda remind me of Gaunt (from ASM back in the day) but better and more creepy.

This arc is picking up slowly but gracefully there's nothing being rushed and the endings of each issue are perfect set ups for the next. I just started picking up UFF on issue #33 and i have to say i'm not disappointed. I really love the character of Gallowglass already even though he hasnt done much... but his powers and cocky persona are wild. And the Reed being in situations where he doesnt know anything or proven wrong is hilarious i think... this arc will show his vulnerability. This will be Sue's break out issue considering one of Seed 19's children like her... uhh the motorcycle thing... i cant remember its name but yea... I hope Ronan and Thanos are 10 times more bad *** than Gallowglass already is. Next issue will be all action i think... lets just hope.

Last edited:
This will be Sue's break out issue considering one of Seed 19's children like her... uhh the motorcycle thing... i cant remember its name but yea... I hope Ronan and Thanos are 10 times more bad *** than Gallowglass already is. Next issue will be all action i think... lets just hope.

I think the motorcycle's name is Sky-Eater and you may be right about the break out thing.....

Gallowglass is pretty awesome so far and I know that Ronan and Thanos are going to be 10 times cooler. They better be.

This is great stuff. I really like this Cosmic War stuff... It's got a direction, new characters, and it brings back the intelligence in the title. Carey is the right writer for this title. No doubt about that. Gallowglass looks so bad ***, by the way... I respect that.

i hate this new storyline. IMO UFF has went down hill since doo. remember that 2 issue thing between ellis and millar "shudder" plus the annuals have sucked. i wouldnt be suprised to learn that this series gets canceled soon. thats why im switching my subscription to Ultimates

i hate this new storyline. IMO UFF has went down hill since doo. remember that 2 issue thing between ellis and millar "shudder" plus the annuals have sucked. i wouldnt be suprised to learn that this series gets canceled soon. thats why im switching my subscription to Ultimates

you're on drugs.

Last edited:
Yeah, what's the deal with that? Sales were killing when Millar was on the title... I doubt if it'll get cancelled as soon as you suggest... If at all. I really doubt that. They had variant covers for the title to make even more money off of the title. Drugs? Probably not the only thing in his system...

"Since doo"? The fact that you're username has the number 420 in it and you start random threads already throws you on my watch list newbie. Easy.

Last edited:
I'm really liking everything Carey is bringing to the table.

Looking forward to seeing Thanos...

Latest posts

Back