Ultimate Fantastic Four #47 discussion (spoilers!)

Re: Marvel.com's Preview of Ultimate Fantastic Four #47

I like Mike Carey, but -- like the rest of the UMU -- there's been too much Ultimatizing!

Let's go back and revisit some of the "older" ultimatized concepts. It's not a race to redesign everything in FF history! For instance, I'm not the only one who wants to see another Namor arc, or a new Inhumans arc to make sense of the last one... Am I?

I like Mike Carey, but -- like the rest of the UMU -- there's been too much Ultimatizing!

Let's go back and revisit some of the "older" ultimatized concepts. It's not a race to redesign everything in FF history! For instance, I'm not the only one who wants to see another Namor arc, or a new Inhumans arc to make sense of the last one... Am I?

I completely agree. They're going too fast and they need to build up some villains and/or overarcs.

Is that johnny flying the plane, and if so, why does he look like a crack head?

I'm dropping this book.

It's like I said earlier...Carey's got some great ideas....he just doesn't know how to flesh them out. He fails in the execution portion of storytelling here.

I just read the last 2 arcs from him on UFF and I was bored outta my mind.

Pass.

Re: Marvel.com's Preview of Ultimate Fantastic Four #47(Spoilers)

Here be spoilers!

Enjoyable issue a few really good bits and the artwork by Brooks is excellent!

Issue opens with crazy scientist guy trying to get a talking bear called misha to walk through a maze, bear is hooked up to some torture device, bear refuses, goes nuts then gets shot to the ground by crazy scientist guys wall mounted machine guns!

Cut to New York cityscape and The Thing being thrown out a Baxter Building window and smashing into the street! Reed has apparently locked himself in his lab and booby trapped the door etc, refusing to come out due to his work on the cube!

Dr Storm and General Ross discussing Reed! Ross thinks he should be allowed to continue his work! Storm gets call from Ivan Kragoff an old friend inviting Sue and Reed to a symposium! Call ends and Kragoff is revealed as crazy scientist guy!Apparently he needs a brain and a spine for his dead wife! He has an accomplice called Sorba!

Reed's not coming out of his lab for no symposium! Everyone shouts through the wall but it does no good!

Cut to Siberia, some hermit called Shatalov gets a call telling him he needs to get into his armour!

Sue is going to the symposium herself, she gets on a plane bound for Siberia!

Reed is working on the cube, a mist seeps out of him says "Thank you child, you've been invaluable" and sweeps through the wall!

Sorba has a squad of goons and a big glove that can fire a HUGE blast of energy! She blows Sue's plane out the sky! Pilot gets shot and killed, Sue seems unconcious!

The rest of the gang find out about Sues plane going missing Reed bursts in and they get ready to head to Siberia where Sorba is about to plunge a syringe into Sue........

Enjoyed it and as I said art was pretty decent!

4.0/5.0

Last edited:
Re: Marvel.com's Preview of Ultimate Fantastic Four #47(Spoilers)

Here be spoilers !!

Enjoyable issue a few really good bits and the artwork by Brooks is excellent !!

Issue opens with crazy scientist guy trying to get a talking bear called misha to walk through a maze, bear is hooked up to some torture device, bear refuses, goes nuts then gets shot to the ground by crazy scientist guys wall mounted machine guns !!

Cut to New York cityscape and The Thing being thrown out a Baxter Building window and smashing into the street !! Reed has apparently locked himself in his lab and booby trapped the door etc, refusing to come out due to his work on the cube !!

Dr Storm and General Ross discussing Reed !! Ross thinks he should be allowed to continue his work !! Storm gets call from Ivan Kragoff an old friend inviting Sue and Reed to a symposium !! Call ends and Kragoff is revealed as crazy scientist guy !! Apparently he needs a brain and a spine for his dead wife !! He has an accomplice called Sorba !!

Reed's not coming out of his lab for no symposium !! Everyone shouts through the wall but it does no good !!

Cut to Siberia, some hermit called Shatalov gets a call telling him he needs to get into his armour !!

Sue is going to the symposium herself, she gets on a plane bound for Siberia !!

Reed is working on the cube, a mist seeps out of him says "Thank you child, you've been invaluable" and sweeps through the wall !!

Sorba has a squad of goons and a big glove that can fire a HUGE blast of energy !! She blows Sue's plane out the sky !! Pilot gets shot and killed, Sue seems unconcious !!

The rest of the gang find out about Sues plane going missing Reed bursts in and they get ready to head to Siberia where Sorba is about to plunge a syringe into Sue........

Enjoyed it and as I said art was pretty decent !!

4.0/5.0
woah control your exclamation marks boyo

This has the best artwork I've seen from Brooks since the first USM annual.

I'm not a fan of Mark Brooks. Nor Mike Carey on UFF.

Read it.

Pass. Just not interested anymore.

And it didn't help that I really felt sad for that bear being abused like that. It was just weird to see that in a comic. Even though it had some kinda superthinking helmet on, it was just too surreal and took the fantasy outta the story. As I read the following pages, all I could think about was the amout of pity I had on that bear.

Dear Mark Carey,

Find another book or find a co-author/co-writer like Brubaker and Fraction do on "Immortal Iron Fist".

Sincerely,
Doom

PS - Bring back Namor.

Mike Carey is doing awesome on this.

And that's a bad example of a team of co-writers. :p

I can't wait to check this out.

They should have put Ellis back on this. Thunderbolts can go to hell.

Read it.

Pass. Just not interested anymore.

Same here. Lost all interest in UFF. Cant pinpoint when exactly.
Probably since it was (pretty firmly) established that the UFF can travel in time. Makes pretty much everything they do seem kinda silly.

Why not go back in time and stop sue from leaving for siberia? F**k the timespiders.:arrgh:
And present Reed KNOWS he can travel in time, so meeting his future self shouldnt be too shocking. He had no problem meeting hisself from another dimention.

The bear reminded me of We3. Poor sasha. I hope she gets rescued. Sue can freeze to death in Sibiria for all i care.

Last edited:
I have no idea why, but whenever Mark Brooks is doing art for Ultimate Fantastic Four, the writing seems worse.

Mike Carey is doing awesome on this.

And that's a bad example of a team of co-writers. :p

I can't wait to check this out.

*grabs Ice by the collar*

DON'T YOU EVER SAY THAT AGAIN!

*slaps Ice across the face*

Latest posts

Back