Ultimate Fantastic Four Annual #1 Discussion (Spoilers)

Doc Comic said:
It's not shocking to me, but that's because of who I am. To others, though, I think it would be. Wasp flashing the Hulk, Giant-Man beating the crap out of Wasp, Giant-Man's bare *** on the frontpage of the New York Post...it just seems that Millar goes for shock value over legitimately retooling the characters.

You can't really say thats any worse than what you can see on primetime network TV though, and most definitly not worse than most movies...actually Millar's stuff is still mostly vanilla compared to that stuff.

It was good. A nice read. Something I'd fetch out on a winter day and read while all snug on the couch with a fire going and sipping hot cocoa.

DIrishB said:
Sounds like a Jack London novel or something.

Well, you know it was kind of a . . . I dunno a . . . little un-fullfilled. It was an excellent story don't get me wrong, but ya know it was all 'hey, pretty girl get chased, help her out at hom and do very little fighting and then she moves away' it was okay for wat it was but not 'fantasticy' enough '4' me. Ha ha.

Hawkeye101 said:
Well, you know it was kind of a . . . I dunno a . . . little un-fullfilled. It was an excellent story don't get me wrong, but ya know it was all 'hey, pretty girl get chased, help her out at hom and do very little fighting and then she moves away' it was okay for wat it was but not 'fantasticy' enough '4' me. Ha ha.

I don't think the fantastic aspect was lacking at all, I just wasn't a fan of Lee's artwork for one. Two, I wasn't blown away by the story by any means, there weren't any great lines or humurous exchanges between the characters, and the fact that Ultimate Lockjaw looks exactly the same as the 616 version disappointed me a lot. It was still a decent read, and I hope to see the Inhumans again eventually, but wasn't one of the better UFF stories.

this is the worst peice of crap that i have ever read. the art was good, but thast was about it. making the letter four in the sky oooooo. or fighting cancer by being the size of an atom, or all the rest of the stupid stuff. but i did like the big guy who couldn't talk, but could fly.

Hawkeye101 said:

I love this. "It was unfullfilling, but it was an excellent story." Surely, if it was unfulfilling, by definition its "mediocre"?

I liked it. Johnny liking any hot chick to come his way was awesome. His line about loves was funny. The inhumans were really cool. One of the better annuals.

I couldn't put this book down for almost a week.It was just such a fun read with good adventure and dialogue.The Inhumans are badass.Hard to believe this was written by the same guy who writes a politically charged super hero comic.

Guys, so did I. That's what I was saying... I haven't liked anything from Millar since, though. At least in Fantastic Four.

Latest posts

Back