Ultimate Fantastic Four Annual #2 (Spoilers)

I know you are but what am I.

Seriously, the annuals this year were colossal disappointments.

Agreed. UFF and USM were decent, but the other two were fairly mediocre.

I don't know, I still am of the opinion that the UU is in a downward spiral. . .

Agreed. UFF and USM were decent, but the other two were fairly mediocre.

I thought USM was not only the worst annual but one of the worst individual comic books I've ever read. UXM was decent.

I don't know, I still am of the opinion that the UU is in a downward spiral. . .

I hate to say it, but I agree.

I know you are but what am I.

Seriously, the annuals this year were colossal disappointments.
Agreed. The UXM annual hurt my brain it was so bad. Ultimates was pointless. And USM was meh.
Almost as disapointing as the "I know you are but what am I" replay you made, come on E you can do better.
Also agreed. You're above that kind of thing. Don't make me change my sig.
Again I agree. Bendis needs to hand USM over to someone else. Ultimates never comes out and I don't know if I like what I've heard and seen of Loeb and Mad's stuff for the title. And I don't think Kirkman's written a single good issue of UXM. The Fantastic Four are my lone bright spot and who knows how Carey's run will go.

Last edited:
I just read this. It was very, very good. I liked the art and how it fit together from scene to scene.

I'm enjoying Carey's work on UFF and I'm looking forward to Diablo.

EDIT: And did anyone else notice the random name changes? Mole Man was mentioned to be called "Erwin Molekevic" at the start and "Arthur Molekevic" at the end.

Last edited:
I just read this. It was very, very good. I liked the art and how it fit together from scene to scene.

I'm enjoying Carey's work on UFF and I'm looking forward to Diablo.

EDIT: And did anyone else notice the random name changes? Mole Man was mentioned to be called "Erwin Molekevic" at the start and "Arthur Molekevic" at the end.
Hmm.

I did not notice that. Weird.

So should I consider picking this up, in spite of not picking up on Carey's current run of cosmic brouhaha?

Incidentally, I hated Ultimates Annual # 2.

So should I consider picking this up, in spite of not picking up on Carey's current run of cosmic brouhaha?

Well, it's a lot different to Carey's "God War" arc. I think you'd like it, as it focuses on characters mentioned during Warren Ellis's run, plus has kooky Mole Man history.

UFF Annual #2 was, by far and away, the best Annual this year. I liked it a lot, and have found myself unable to get into the God War arc.

Yes.

Ultimate Fantastic Four 7: God War left me cold, even though it was pretty good (an easy three stars out of five), but Ultimate Fantastic Four 8: Devils was pure joy (four stars easy, and I was the perfect audience for it, because I used to be buggy about alchemy, and I could see Mike Carey had put in the time to do it right).

You might have the same experience of not connecting with one but liking the other.

The Mole Man story is good, the dialog is good, and the art is good too. The whole thing has a sense of fun that I missed in God War.

We cleared up the loose end of the other kids in the Baxter Building in an interesting way, so the story was good for continuity too, I mean good for setting up a universe where fun things happen.

There's no guarantee that you will like the Mole Man story as much as I did. But you might. This is not similar enough to Ultimate Fantastic Four 7: God War that if you don't like one you won't like the other.

These are glory days for Ultimate Fantastic Four fans. Things are good, and they're only looking better. There are no dud Ultimate Fantastic Four trades, just OK ones (7: God War) and good or great ones (8: Devils). I want Mike Carey to write Ultimate Fantastic Four forever.

:D (Happy dance! ~ Happy dance! ~ Happy dance! ~ Happy dance!) :D

I agree !! Thought Devils was an excellent volume !!

Had previously picked up the annual so was more interested in the Diablo storyline and I thought it was excellent !! Loved the mishmash of artwork that seemed to be going on (although am I the only one who thinks Sue looks a bit creepy on these covers) and the storyline was excellent !! I hope this isn't the last we see of Diablo !!

Mike Carey has been great so far, can't wait for Silver Surfer !!

Devils+Annual 2 = 4.5/5.0

Latest posts

Back