Ultimate Hydro and Cloak and Dagger

Anyone think it is a good idea to bring in Hydro? I mean, they brought in Vulture. I also think Ultimate Cloak and Dagger is a good idea. Any takers on any of them?

I had an idea for Cloak and Dagger. Since in 616 they are given powers because of a drug, how about they recieve them through a lab accident? It would reverse theirs and spidey's origins, since Oz is a drug.

I had an idea for Cloak and Dagger. Since in 616 they are given powers because of a drug, how about they recieve them through a lab accident? It would reverse theirs and spidey's origins, since Oz is a drug.
We've seen Tandy Bowen already, so it would be great, and it would happen at Peter's school, since Tandy is a student there. Great idea, plus potential for Peter Parker action at school.

no offence but shouldn't this be in "Baseless Speculation & Ideas"

I'd like to see all these characters ultimized.

I've got to disagree with you, Overlord. Hydroman is weak and underused in the 616 Universe, but the whole point of the UU is to revitalize the stories in a fresh and interesting way, and Hydro-Man has the potential to be even more dangerous than Sandman. I think there's a lot of potential for some really cool sequences with the guy. Just don't let it happen until Bendis leaves, or he'll turn into a one-issue throwaway.

I want to see Cloak and Dagger, but I think they've got to keep the drug angle. I feel like that's a critical aspect of the characters. Taking that from their background would be like taking away Peter's whole hard-on for great responsibility. Although, I'd crank up the intensity of the double-edged sword that stems from acquiring powers from drug addiction.

I'd like to see all these characters ultimized.

I've got to disagree with you, Overlord. Hydroman is weak and underused in the 616 Universe, but the whole point of the UU is to revitalize the stories in a fresh and interesting way, and Hydro-Man has the potential to be even more dangerous than Sandman. I think there's a lot of potential for some really cool sequences with the guy. Just don't let it happen until Bendis leaves, or he'll turn into a one-issue throwaway.

Hydro-Man is so the poor man's Sandman, they are both elementals with shape shifting powers, the only difference is Sandman is made of sand, while Hydro-man is made of water, big deal. Even their personalities are almost exactly the same, only Sandman showed some character growth when he reformed (which was unfortunately reversed by Marvel's stupidity). Hydro-Man comes off as dumb thug with super powers #468, completely interchanable with all the other dumb thugs with super powers. If they want to introduce Hydro-Man into the UU, why don't they give him a personality first.

Hydro-Man is so the poor man's Sandman, they are both elementals with shape shifting powers, the only difference is Sandman is made of sand, while Hydro-man is made of water, big deal. Even their personalities are almost exactly the same, only Sandman showed some character growth when he reformed (which was unfortunately reversed by Marvel's stupidity). Hydro-Man comes off as dumb thug with super powers #468, completely interchanable with all the other dumb thugs with super powers. If they want to introduce Hydro-Man into the UU, why don't they give him a personality first.

Pretty much yeah, but I would like to see a change in powers, like for example he can only manipulate water, not become it. Or something to make him different from Sandman

I liked the 90's cartoon version where he was a kuh-razy Mary Jane stalker.

Of course that wouldn't work in the UU...

Maybe Ultimate Hydro-Man could have a monster fetish?

I liked the 90's cartoon version where he was a kuh-razy Mary Jane stalker.

Of course that wouldn't work in the UU...

Maybe Ultimate Hydro-Man could have a monster fetish?

Would be too creepy to work?

What's a monster fetish?

Last edited:
Moved to the Baseless Speculation & Ideas forum. When there's talk on anything that has no base for the speculation (i.e. ideas and what not for characters/stories not said to happen officially or whatever), it goes in this forum.

Future reference.

Personaly i liked Ultimate Hydro-man to be introduce i mean after all there arent bad characters..just bad wrighters.

and How is he a poor mans sandman?...there's a diference from water and sand ..

Latest posts

Back