Ultimate Invasion Mini Speculation

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
So yeah, just rolling through my head some thoughts about this since I didn't show any interest in it originally.

Like I said I hope it's set in it's own WWII period without any interference from Time Travelers (UFF) or whatever. That would give it a much more ultimate feel.

I was also thinking about how the story could be told. I think it would be sweet if it was told from the three different perspectives of Namor, Captain America, and Wolverine. Wolverine at this point is almost unrecognizeable to us and is a complete cold hearted killer working for the U.S. There isn't a major team-up feel to it and things like Wolverine crossing Captain America's path happens subtly and is exactly just crossing each other's path. But they intertwine in some way building up the story.

Again, I really hope it's left with just elements of these heroes in WWII and doesn't bring in any nonsense.

TheManWithoutFear said:
So yeah, just rolling through my head some thoughts about this since I didn't show any interest in it originally.

Like I said I hope it's set in it's own WWII period without any interference from Time Travelers (UFF) or whatever. That would give it a much more ultimate feel.

I was also thinking about how the story could be told. I think it would be sweet if it was told from the three different perspectives of Namor, Captain America, and Wolverine. Wolverine at this point is almost unrecognizeable to us and is a complete cold hearted killer working for the U.S. There isn't a major team-up feel to it and things like Wolverine crossing Captain America's path happens subtly and is exactly just crossing each other's path. But they intertwine in some way building up the story.

Again, I really hope it's left with just elements of these heroes in WWII and doesn't bring in any nonsense.

We don't know if Namor is involved with WWII in the UU, though. . .

I still think it's just Ultimate Atlantis Attacks.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Oh wait... I thought it was based on WWII you mean it might just spin off of UFF and have Namor attacking the American Shores?

That's a whole different ballgame then.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. It spins directly out of 'Tomb of Namor' and will be written by Bendis next year.

Though, an Ultimate WWII story with Cap and Wolverine would be awesome.

Has Bendis wrote anything Ultimate without Spider-Man in it?

So we probably see Spider-Man with UFF (if it spins out of the Namor story). But then again, how can there be an invasion and not have the Ultimates involved...

Hmmm, so where do we get info on this mini?

Lynx said:
Though, an Ultimate WWII story with Cap and Wolverine would be awesome.

NO an Ultimate WWII story featuring Captain America with a guest shot of Wolverine would be awesome... I don't need friggin' Logan in every panel.

As for the invasion... um... I hope USM isn't it. Why would he be. For some reason I can't get over pictureing New York Docks with Namor jumping out of the water with billions of Fish flying up in the air with him? How are they gonna do this?

After a search on Ultimate Invasion, I got nothing more than what has been said in this thread. Which is basically that Bendis does it and it spin off the Namor Story. So...

I guess we'll have a better idea after UFF 26.

But I'm gonna predict one thing right now :

Lots of guys with flashy powers and weird costume are gonna fight each other and cause a lot of collateral damage. That's all I got for the moment.

For some reason I can't get over pictureing New York Docks with Namor jumping out of the water with billions of Fish flying up in the air with him? How are they gonna do this?
E.Vi.L. said:
But I'm gonna predict one thing right now :

Lots of guys with flashy powers and weird costume are gonna fight each other and cause a lot of collateral damage. That's all I got for the moment.
I expect the exact opposite. Okay, this is just Baseless Speculation now, but oh well...

If Namor can communicate with sea-creatures, he doesn't need to launch a full-scale attack; he can set up a de facto trade embargo on marine biodiversity, by summoning all aqualic life to Atlantis.

There are SO MANY real-world political disputes about over-fishing in international waters and stateless commons. Namor potentially has the ability to create a virtual monopoly over the world's fishing supply, threatening the livelihood of millions in the "surface world".

This would lead to tense, heated rounds of dialog between Namor and representatives from the UN, the WTO, SHIELD, and all the major superhero teams. Should they negotiate for a peacful resolution? Or send the Ultimates in to smart-bomb the hell out of a sovereign under-sea rogue state filled with protected(?) heritage sites.

Kirby-esque wonder meets real-world political drama!

Last edited:
compound said:
I expect the exact opposite. Okay, this is just Baseless Speculation now, but oh well...

If Namor can communicate with sea-creatures, he doesn't need to launch a full-scale attack; he can set up a de facto trade embargo on marine biodiversity, by summoning all aqualic life to Atlantis.

There are SO MANY real-world political disputes about over-fishing in international waters and stateless commons. Namor potentially has the ability to create a virtual monopoly over the world's fishing supply, threatening the livelihood of millions in the "surface world".

This would lead to tense, heated rounds of dialog between Namor and representatives from the UN, the WTO, SHIELD, and all the major superhero teams. Should they negotiate for a peacful resolution? Or send the Ultimates in to smart-bomb the hell out of a sovereign under-sea rogue state filled with protected(?) heritage sites.

Sounds like an educated idea of where it could go... and very realistic.

....yawn...:?

Last edited:
compound said:

Yeah, that could be a very interesting, well written and exciting series. Too bad I don't give Bendis anywhere near that much credit and the series is probably just going to be a simple slugfest.

TheManWithoutFear said:
NO an Ultimate WWII story featuring Captain America with a guest shot of Wolverine would be awesome... I don't need friggin' Logan in every panel.

That's what I meant. Cap guest staring Wolverine. Maybe have Ultimate Union Jack there too.

Man, I want Ultimate World War II! :cry:

compound said:
I expect the exact opposite...

Great idea but it doesn't mesh with the name of the mini. It's "Ultimate Invasion" not "Ultimate Embargo".

We at least need an invader of some sort.

E.Vi.L. said:
Great idea but it doesn't mesh with the name of the mini. It's "Ultimate Invasion" not "Ultimate Embargo".

We at least need an invader of some sort.
On the contrary, my idea for the mini-series precisely puts a new spin on the title -- if the U.S./U.N./Ultimates chooses to retaliate against Altantis/Namor through a military response, *they* will be percieved as the "invaders".

compound said:
On the contrary, my idea for the mini-series precisely puts a new spin on the title -- if the U.S./U.N./Ultimates chooses to retaliate against Altantis/Namor through a military response, *they* will be percieved as the "invaders".

In which case we are back to the many people in colored costume clashing with each other and doing lots of collateral damage that I predicted.

But at this point it doesn't look like there is an Atlantis left to invade.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back