Ultimate Invasion right after Ultimate Extinction?

Doc Comic

Do you guys think that it's wise to have these events so close to each other? It's like they're shoving all of it at us at once, and therefore exhausting their ideas.

I'd rather see the Ultimate line paying closer attention to the quality of its ongoing titles, instead the quantity of its minis.

Doc Comic said:
Do you guys think that it's wise to have these events so close to each other? It's like they're shoving all of it at us at once, and therefore exhausting their ideas.

Just because you know it's coming doesn't mean it's coming out as close as you think. I mean if Invasion wasn't planned now, you'd complain that there'd be nothing good going on in the UU in about a year. So relax.

Aeroth said:
I'd rather see the Ultimate line paying closer attention to the quality of its ongoing titles, instead the quantity of its minis.

You got a point only for a mini written by an author who is a regular on an other title. Like, is Bendis spreading himself too thin with USM and Invasion in UU?

But all the other minis aren't written by regulars.

So what are you saying? If Ellis, Card and Lindolf weren't writing these minis, the other artistic teams could improve the quality of their regular titles, huh?

It's only a question of Marketing. Can the market take these minis? If yes, keep them coming. That simple.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Just because you know it's coming doesn't mean it's coming out as close as you think. I mean if Invasion wasn't planned now, you'd complain that there'd be nothing good going on in the UU in about a year. So relax.
Truth.

I'm more concerned with the nature of the minis as huge events. Only so much can happen in a space of time (I don't know where either book fits in chronologically). I'd prefer to see some character based minis come out than writers giving us 'wow' books.

Yeah, good luck with that Guij. It's all wow. All the time. You can't stop it. Not even Marvel can stop it. Prepare for wow. Watch as more and more contrived, samey crossovers appear each and every month making us wonder just how different the UU is to 616 and then we realise, it actually isn't. It's just as dull and stupid as the rest. It's wowing time.

I may pen a letter to those who choose and request that, because I am all 'wow'ed out, could they please give us some less interesting (y'know, that arty stuff you don't like) stories so I can catch my breath.

They understand that it won't make sense financially to release something that doesn't have a "universe changing event" this month but I have hope.

Yeah, good luck with that art bollocks, n00b, lol. :roll:

I can't wait for Ultimate Blammorization. Man, that's gonna change everything! W00t!

Bass said:
...I can't wait for Ultimate Blammorization. Man, that's gonna change everything! W00t!

I agree fully with Bass, we can't have a world changing event happen every year. Another thing that i want to know is how will Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate X-men and the Ultimate Fantastic Four be affected by the events of Ultimate invasion and then the events of the Ultimates 2 in such a short span of time. Uless maybe Marvel will say something about their chronology. Plus i read somewhere that in extinction only two X-men will be making appearances, Ultimate Jean Greay and Ultimate Charles Xavier.It's like the rest of the team isn't even affected.

vader said:
Plus i read somewhere that in extinction only two X-men will be making appearances, Ultimate Jean Greay and Ultimate Charles Xavier.It's like the rest of the team isn't even affected.
It was a solicitation. I think you're jumping to conclusions on that one. Do you expect it to list every character that appears? Xavier and Jean play a role in the defense that's why they're mentioned and the others aren't but we would probably see the other X-Men in the background.

TheManWithoutFear said:
... Xavier and Jean play a role in the defense that's why they're mentioned and the others aren't but we would probably see the other X-Men in the background.

I sure hope so.

Latest posts

Back