Ultimate Iron Man #5 cover revealed.

ultimatedjf said:
Beautiful cover to a ****ty comic, IMO.

Sadly, I agree.

jtg3885 said:
Nobody here is familiar with the word 'sparring' then, are they? O_O

...or the concept of covers having little or nothing to do with the inside of the book.

Now I've not read the latest issue of UIM yet, but I did quite enjoy the first two though, as I said before, the story isn't appropriate for the character.
Has this latest issue really reduced Tony's history to a joke then? That was always the worry, sci-fi authors love writing bollocks and back up their bollocks with more bollocks. and that's more bollocks than any man can handle.

UltimateE said:
...or the concept of covers having little or nothing to do with the inside of the book.
Which has been pretty much the defining aspect of UIM covers what with the series NOT featuring a cybernetic Tony, a young Tony playing around with a red and gold helmet or Tony wearing a Nintendo Power Glove.

ourchair said:
Tony wearing a Nintendo Power Glove

A Nintendo Power Glove with some type of Hoover vaccum part attached to the end, capable of shooting lasers. ;)

In regard to why they might be fighting, it could have something to do with their constant head-butting like we saw in UIM #3. It could also just be them "sparring". Or it could have absolutely nothing to do with the actual story.

I think the biggest thing I'm waiting for in this series is when Tony is going to discover his incredible sex appeal to women, though I'm guessing it won't happen until he's already taken over Stark Enterprises and is a bajillionaire, and he's started to mature enough to look like Johnny Depp. Something about money and good looks that attract women like flies to a picnic.

I don't know what it is, but sometimes I find Adam Kuberts pencils just plain nasty, case in point: this entire series. How can the guy who pencilled the magnificent 1602 churn out something as boring and factory made as this? Not to mention the writing. Who the hell at Marvel said it was a good idea to completely rip out Tony Stark's coolness by making him a little blue and bald quasi mutant with a brain in his knee?

Bah. This series is testing my patience.

Fuzzy Birds said:
How can the guy who pencilled the magnificent 1602 churn out something as boring and factory made as this?

The coloring on 1602 did wonders for that series.

Latest posts

Back