Ultimate Jim Rhodes

Goodwill

Rhodes was revealed to have an Ultimate counterpart in the pages of Ultimate Spider-Man, however, it looks as if he won't make an appearance after all since the time that he offered to Conners has run dry. I don't know if Conners asked for an extention and I don't even know if he has ties to Conners or a place in the Ultimate-verse. Will he be touched on in the Volume 2 that we're all anticipating? Tony is having some problems with tumors, women (Black Widow), etc. Maybe he needs some time off, leaving it up to Rhodes to take his place for a while. He may be on the Ultimate Defenders roster... Who knows. What does anyone know? Think?

I think that Tony taking a little break doesnt sound too bad. If he, lets say, has a nervous breakdown or something, that wouldnt be good for the rest of the team.

I would like to see what kind of impact Jim Rhodes would make in the Ult. verse. And when the Ult. Defenders come along, would they ultimize some of the old members? Or bring one in that already ultimized, (i.e. Iceman)?

The first exposure I had to Iron Man was when Tony "died" and Rhodes became War Machine. I think an Ultimate War Machine would be pretty cool, and Ultimatizing that whole story could be very interesting if handled better than the original version (this happened around Iron Man #284 IIRC).

And really they kinda need someone with a bit more internal fortitude piloting that suit. Tony's brilliant but he's not a natural fighter, and too prone to panicking or making rash decisions. Plus you really don't want the guy who designs the armour out there in case he gets killed and then no more spiffy armour.

Millar mentions that Iron Man gets a makeover, which will have Iron Man fans "wanking like...," I can't remember the exact words. But it may sound like War Machine.

Blacksword said:
And really they kinda need someone with a bit more internal fortitude piloting that suit. Tony's brilliant but he's not a natural fighter, and too prone to panicking or making rash decisions. Plus you really don't want the guy who designs the armour out there in case he gets killed and then no more spiffy armour.

This could actually be a great reason to consider changing Iron Man's alter ego... I think with Tony's tumor and his penchant for breaking down in times where he shouldn't will lead him to getting discharged.

We'll see, though... I was under the impression that he will just be getting a new costume that won't be dependant on the 100 man team... Not to mention one that may actually treat his tumor.

And when the Ult. Defenders come along, would they ultimize some of the old members? Or bring one in that already ultimized, (i.e. Iceman)?

Uh... doesnt anyone want to say something about this?

I would assume not, or someone would have said something about it. LOL. I'd like to see Ultimate War Machine though. Always a big fan of the theory of Iron Man, even if I never really got into the comics. I've read some of the summaries of the series, and it makes me think of a daytime soap opera on an even worse scale than most comics. o_O

Yeah, well I wanna see Ultimate Iceman on the Ultimate Defenders team. That would cool. But that would mean no X-Men team. Wait is the Ult. Defenders just an appearance in The Ultimates book? Or a mini-series or ongoing?

*snorts* You just want Iceman. Iceman for Ultimate Defenders! Iceman for Amazing Friends! And considering this is a topic discussing the possible future of Ultimate Jim Rhodes, it's a bit out of place here.

What I am curious about is a bit of the history that I'm unfamiliar with. I didn't really start picking up Ultimate-verse stuff until USM #33, so I'm missing a few things here. What did Jim Rhodes do in USM? And what's up between Tony Stark and the Black Widow? Little help? :)

Iceman wouldn't last on the Defenders. He isn't made for hard-core heroics yet. He got taken down by Sinister and Gambit in one hit. Not someone very reliable, right?

Latest posts

Back