Ultimate Lady Deathstrike (Possible Spoilers)

Goodwill

Well, now knowing that Wendigo has been replaced by the female counterpart of Wolverine (Well, one of them, anyway), Lady Deathstrike, I thought this was the perfect oppurtunity to speculate about her! What do you guys think her connection to Wolverine will be? How come we didn't hear from her sooner? There are a lot of questions that need to be answered and I'm hoping that Vaughan will answer than rather than create more!

I'm really guessing wife but what do you mean replaced? There hasn't ever been a Ultimate Wendigo

I know this, but in our minds, Wendigo was a shoe in for this arc. The fact that Lady Deathstrike was showing up replaced speculation for Wendigo for her. I know that's not clear and I didn't use "replace" properly, but it's early where I'm at right now.

Anyway, I'm thinking wife, too... Although Sabertooth said that Wolverine's son and wife were offed, I'm thinking there's probably more to it than that, on top of the fact that Sabertooth probably isn't a reliable source.

Goodwill said:
Anyway, I'm thinking wife, too... Although Sabertooth said that Wolverine's son and wife were offed, I'm thinking there's probably more to it than that, on top of the fact that Sabertooth probably isn't a reliable source.
Exactly. Besides, if its Deathstrike, there's a good chance she'll have a healing factor rather than cybernetic enhancements (or both) so Sabes could have seen her offed and not found out the truth.

Maybe she's Wolverine's sister in law. I dont think shes his wife, and about Wendigo, maybe Wendigo is somehow realted to Deathstrike.

It's possible that she may be Logan's wife. Or was. That IS possibility. Though I don't see how Wendigo would be related to Lady D. :?

Not only do I not see how Wendigo can be related to her, but I think that if Lady Deathstrike and Wendigo WERE related, that would be a bit excessive. I know it's our fan boy in us talking, but it would be too much, especially for two issues.

We're leaving Wendigo out of this thread. It was a good idea to have her in the story from as far as we knew, but it has no place now. I don't want to see LDS as Wolverine's wife. Heroes can't have relationships with normal "flatscans". This is an element UXM is missing greatly.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Heroes can't have relationships with normal "flatscans".
Says who and since when? There isn't a rule on that. In 616, they were lovers at one point. So it could have happened here, too.

Well, I think that it's more realistic if heroes were drawn to heroes and so on. Are you going to say that a black person would be more drawn to a white person. Now, I know it's personal preference, that could happen, but a lot of the time (A LOT) of the time, a person is normally drawn to someone who looks more like them than someone else. This could be so for both Wolverine and Deathstrike.

icemastertron said:
Says who and since when? There isn't a rule on that. In 616, they were lovers at one point. So it could have happened here, too.

When where they lovers? I dont ever remember them being lovers?

Goodwill said:
MwoF, DD was attracted to Elektra, too... They were extra ordinary people, too.

Cheap Goodz. Karen Page was in no way SuperHuman and Ultimate Elektra was even less "special". Sometimes I just don't get you guys. It's like you want everything to be so fantastic and unreal, it really cheapens your theories and ideas.

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OFFENSE TO THAT. I'M TRYING TO MAKE A POINT. NOT GET PEOPLE HEATED.

It makes for a better story when the relationships are mixed like that and superhero is not a race.

Hey, I'm only agreeing with what Frank Miller himself said on the Daredevil DVD. He created Elektra because he didn't think super heroes would settle for just anyone. ;)

Goodwill said:
He created Elektra because he didn't think super heroes would settle for just anyone.
See, I like that line. You can kind of relate to it in real life....sort of...I think. Well, someone gets what I mean, hopefully.

Well, saw the cover of the issue. I think she bears a resemblance to X-2's Lady Deathstrike. No sign of cyborgism or anything.

Latest posts

Back