Ultimate Lady Deathstrike (Possible Spoilers)

The thing with Lady D from the cover, is that is shows how she was in 616...sort of. In 616, with her cybernetics, she's able to extend her arms and fingers (in the movie, it was her nails). On one hand, her fingers are extended, as on the other their not.

icemastertron said:
The thing with Lady D from the cover, is that is shows how she was in 616...sort of. In 616, with her cybernetics, she's able to extend her arms and fingers (in the movie, it was her nails). On one hand, her fingers are extended, as on the other their not.
Her last 616 appearance was very confusing. This was post X-2 and she'd been sort of remade into the movie version. But she was still a robot. It could be a mixture of the two

Caduceus said:
Her last 616 appearance was very confusing. This was post X-2 and she'd been sort of remade into the movie version. But she was still a robot. It could be a mixture of the two
True, but I was just saying a possibility from the cover.

Just rest assured that this will be cleared up under Vaughan's pen. I think she'll be able to extend her finges with sharpened nails at the ends of them. I think that's the most logical.

I wasn't aware that cybernetics had evolved that far in the Ultimate Universe. Because if you had advanced enough cybernetics to outfit a warrior woman, AI-controlled Iron Men wouldn't be an issue to produce, no? Or remote drone Iron Men?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Agreed not as a cyborg but as a mutant.
If they make her a mutant, then I'll be just pissed. I was pissed when it was done for in the movie. What the hell would be her power? I rather have her as a cyborg.

icemastertron said:
If they make her a mutant, then I'll be just pissed. I was pissed when it was done for in the movie. What the hell would be her power? I rather have her as a cyborg.
You must not have been paying attention. She was essentially X-23. She was a female version of Logan, and since she was the only other mutant available with his remarkable healing powers, she underwent the same adamantium grafting procedure. I thought that was rather apparent by the fact that all of her cuts healed as fast as Logan's during their fight.

And yet again, I doubt that cybernetics are that far advanced in the Ultimate Universe. See my previous post for reasons why. A cyborg Lady Deathstrike just isn't feasible within the confines of the "down to Earth" Ultimate Universe. A mutant who happens to share Logan's powers and ties to the Weapon X program, on the other hand, is perfectly feasible. She could be after Logan for the events regarding either the Return to Weapon X or Blockbuster arcs. Might be someone's daughter, or former lover. Or jealous that even with her, it was always still about Logan.

jtg3885 said:
You must not have been paying attention. She was essentially X-23. She was a female version of Logan, and since she was the only other mutant available with his remarkable healing powers, she underwent the same adamantium grafting procedure. I thought that was rather apparent by the fact that all of her cuts healed as fast as Logan's during their fight.

And yet again, I doubt that cybernetics are that far advanced in the Ultimate Universe. See my previous post for reasons why. A cyborg Lady Deathstrike just isn't feasible within the confines of the "down to Earth" Ultimate Universe. A mutant who happens to share Logan's powers and ties to the Weapon X program, on the other hand, is perfectly feasible. She could be after Logan for the events regarding either the Return to Weapon X or Blockbuster arcs. Might be someone's daughter, or former lover. Or jealous that even with her, it was always still about Logan.

We can't really say. They did have Deathlok in USM and that ridiculous computer that evolved into a sentient mutant robot with a zombie army in UXM. Besides we're not sure of the extent of the Ultimate Universe's advancement in technology.

We do know that SHIELD is fairly high up on the technological food chain, without any real terrestrial competition, and they still need a pilot inside their suits of armor. Which rules out both AI, and advanced cybernetics. If they had the latter, they could at least have Iron Men controlled from a secure location (like the Predator aerial drones the US military uses), and if they had both the cybernetics and the AI, they could just replace Tony and/or Natasha outright.

Latest posts

Back