Ultimate Liz Allan

Goodwill

Liz is a very odd character right now... From what I've gathered she's an insecure teenage girl that has a lot of problems. That's normal for a girl her age or anyone her age for that matter but what's really odd is her fear of mutants really. I guess it comes with the territory, you know, this being a comic and all, but she's really got a chip on her shoulder about this. I would really like to see less of that and more of her personality.

I don't think Johnny will be a regular, unfortunately. I did, that is, until I read the issue, where he only needed to be there for a semester. That puts a limit as to how long he's going to stay there. It's doubtful that he's going to be sticking around for long after this arc.

Liz's fear of mutants comes from her uncle who was a mutant. It has never to my knowledge been made clear as to why he makes her afraid of mutants but its been mentioned a number of times such as the party issue in the Geldoff arc and in the Team-up issue where the X-men met Peter at the mall

I don't think it defines Liz's character, merely that its all we've been given so far. She is basically one of the most minor characters whose appeared more than once so it wouldn't surprise me if she gets developed more but for now, its sufficient that all you know is that she doesn't like mutants because of a family history.

It'd be interesting to see if she was a mutant

Right, so far that's all we've seen of her. I'd like to see more of her after this particular Human Torch arc.

I haven't read #69 yet but the first issue was definitely opening a way for more Liz.

BTW does she have a 616 counterpart anyone?

Caduceus said:
I haven't read #69 yet but the first issue was definitely opening a way for more Liz.

BTW does she have a 616 counterpart anyone?

Yeah, Liz Allan married Harry Osborn and they had a son, Norman.

And Liz was also originally meant to be Peter's love interest in the early 90's James Cameron version of the Spider-Man movie.

Well, you see, there are plenty of oppurtunities for her character to shy away from this mutant fearing deal that has been dwelled on more than anything about Liz. That aside, I'm sure she's a very cool character and could very well be the next Gwen in terms of how interesting her character turns out to be... For all we know, she could end up being the Hobgoblin, though...

Latest posts

Back