Ultimate Marvel Team-Up TPB's!?!?! whats going on!!!!

Widdle Wade

Now I own all three volumes of Ultimate Marvel Team-Up and IM dissapointed that the Daredevil/Punisher/Spider-man story isnt anywhere in there....now this was a three parter I believe...now why dont they realese this in a tpb or something....or is it going to be apart of a future realese of the Ultimate Spider-man volumes>!>

Now what really gets me is this arc was supposed to be one of the best stories in the 16 part series....someone must know something!!

i havn't seen the tbps yet, but can you do me a favor and tell me what the issue's they released (if you look inside on the first page at the bottom it tells you what issues are in the release, along with the legal stuff)

Volume 1 is 1-5, Volume 2 is 9-13 and Volume 3 is 14-16 and Ultimate Spider-man Special....No issues 6,7 and 8....

So when are they gonna re-realese these in TPB's

Tha'ts really odd. Maybe they don't have permission to reprint it? Though I couldn't understand why that would be the case.

that would be wierd cause they reprinted it in the Hardcover version of Marvel Team up....

I have all three TPBs and had to go and buy the single issues of UMTU #6-8 for this same reason. I know its reprinted in the HC (all 16 issues and the Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special #1), but like Wade said, the TPB's are set up like so: #1 (issues #1-5), #2 (issues #9-13), #3 (issues #14-16 and Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special #1). I always figured they'd reprint them in a paperback trade like the other volumes, but I've seen no word about it and I've been reading Ultimate comics since late 2003, so it doesn't look like we'll see one anytime soon either. Your best bet is to pick up the single issues.

I think they didn't include it could it was more gruesome to the other tales.

ProjectX2 said:
I think they didn't include it could it was more gruesome to the other tales.

That's the way I understood it. However I am fairly certain that it has been announced - officially or unofficially I'm not sure - that they will be collected in the near future in TPB.

Yeah. Weren't they on a Solicts list once?

This is something I've been after for a while now.

First off it's not in the softcovers. It is in the Hardcover, and these issues were reprinted in The Best of Spider-Man for the corrosponding year. This was a hardcover as well, so the only way to get this issues is to buy either an out of print hardcover thats selling close to twice retail now, or to man up and buy some crappy, 616 spider-man just to get 3 issues.

I'm so damn close to buying the best of its not funny.

ACTUALLY, if I remember right, that 'best of' Spider-Man is really good. It has the two-part Rhino story where he becomes super smart, and it has the outstanding "Severance Package" story about one of Kingpin's goons who lose a battle against Spider-Man. It might have "Snow Day" which is hysterical.

If I'm right, it's not crappy 616 - it's actually quite good. :D

ive got 2 quick questions/comments about UMT what happened to tony stark in issue 4 were he was shaking and he told the guy not to get the doctor? and also has it occured to anyone besides me that the whole series was ment to set up for the big secret? it was mentioned multiple times in the series and did someone say we will find out how its all connected by the end of ultimate secret? its no supprise that its because of galactus.

Spade said:
ive got 2 quick questions/comments about UMT what happened to tony stark in issue 4 were he was shaking and he told the guy not to get the doctor? and also has it occured to anyone besides me that the whole series was ment to set up for the big secret? it was mentioned multiple times in the series and did someone say we will find out how its all connected by the end of ultimate secret? its no supprise that its because of galactus.

Tony's shaking was due to his brain tumor, thats the reason Rhodes asked him if he needed a doctor. As for the big secret, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Okay, I didn't pick it up, but leafed through V1 at a bookstore yesterday and got real confused. You've all complained about the artwork, but it's got Matt Wagner AND Phil Hester. How can you ***** about those two?

Baxter said:
Okay, I didn't pick it up, but leafed through V1 at a bookstore yesterday and got real confused. You've all complained about the artwork, but it's got Matt Wagner AND Phil Hester. How can you ***** about those two?

It's also got Mahfood.Nuff' said.

In all seriousness,there were some decent issues,but overall an atrocious series.

Does the HardCover have ALL the issues? Cuz if so, I found the same HC that I found last time, but didnt get to buy it yet. I will next month. I know it'll be there, since the HC's been there for over a year.

I'ts $39.99.

Latest posts

Back