Ultimate Marvel

fantomex

marvel shoud put out a book called ultimate marvel and it could have storys about lesser know people or have storys about people they have in diffirent books that don't have there own book. what does everyone think about this idea.

Guijllons said:
I prefer semi-regular mini series', rather than an ongoing title.
your right would be much better then a ongoing title.

But I am a fan of telling stories of the smaller characters that probably don't have a place in the 4 main titles yet. Sufficiently ultimised, and only told if the story is worth telling.

fantomex said:
marvel shoud put out a book called ultimate marvel and it could have storys about lesser know people or have storys about people they have in diffirent books that don't have there own book. what does everyone think about this idea.
The second part of this they have a little for the X-men with X-men Unlimited but its not really available for any other groups. The problem with stories about lesser known characters, is that they have trouble selling. Many people who read comics aren't die hard fans and don't know all the obscure characters and references that litter comics and having a book, just of characters you don't see, will mean that it can only draw on the slightly more obsessive fan base (i.e. Us)

That said, I do think it could tell some awesome stories. There are plenty of slightly more obscure characters that have so much potential for so many great stories. Which is why I used them in my fanfic [/gratiutous plug] But seriously, it would be interesting but I don't think its feasible because of sales.

I think with only 4 continuing titles in the UU, and they are selling rather well. People may trust the UU brand enough by now to take a chance on a new mini about someone they are not all too familiar with.

At least, I would hope people buy the books for the stories and not the characters. Hell, they can just do a Wolverine variant cover and not have Wolverine in it if that's the case.

fantomex said:

after ult marvel team up, i dont see that happening anytime soon...but that could be interesting, but what would they do with all of those characters afterwards??

I guess that depends on the character.
I mean, we have mini's all the time in the 616 Universe that don't really correspond to the main running of it all. Take the Madrox mini. That was great, but it was nothing to do with the X-Men. It's probable that it wouldn't have sold as well as it did if Jamie Madrox had never been associated with the X-Men. But in most part, that was a perfectly good story that could drop right into this idea.

Maybe it would work if they did it just like X-Men Unlimited except with all of the Ultimate Universe. Take Ultimate character/s and put them in a scenario. It could even be used to write certain backstories of characters, but not have a huge mini-series on them. Another idea is to use it for characters that have been written out of the Ultimate Universe. Psylocke, Emma Frost, Karma, Havok (I know Emma and Havok are returning, but I thought that I'd use them as an example). There could be a story on how Psylocke struggles to cope with two 'souls'. The struggle between her and Kwannon.

Latest posts

Back