Ultimate Mikhail

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
I can't believe I haven't thought of this before, but has anyone considered the possibilities that Mikhail Rasputin, Colossus' older Brother could be involved in all of this?

in 616 Mikhail was a Soviet Cosmonaut who got accidentally sucked into another dimension during a mission. The X-men found him on a mission in siberia when they too got sucked into the same dimension. Mikhail has the ability to alter matter as he sees fit to, and he can teleport large groups of people. (he later ran the morlocks, but thats not important)

My idea is that Peter will have thought his brother dead, because the soviet gov't put the young officer to work at the secret base in tunguska, and made him essentially "not exist" (616 peter thought that his brother died in an accident).

Perhaps Mikhail is behind all of the mutations in the base, with his government connection, and his ability to alter matter.

It's just too good of a connection between the soviet gov't and the X-men to not have anything to do with all of this

Yo, you make one hell of a point. I do see this as a possibility. I would be shocked if it was Mikhal. I mean, I have faith that this will be great, as long as it is written right. :D

Maybe he could be a body in the Tunguska bunker, but I can't see him being anyone important.

I think it could actually be really interesting to see whether or not he's involved major or minor. But the only thing i can't think of is how it'd fit all together with the other parts. I mean, if Mikhail is responsible for the mutations in Tunguska, then....what. The X-men/Ultimates fight him and go home? Other than that, its a great idea.

Part of whats so enjoyable about speculating about what could be in this series is that it could be ANYTHING. Just here, we've got Mikhail Rasputin, Kree super-soldiers, Sentry (Which we all need to bow down to UltimateE to because its an awesome theory) .

This could be a possibility, but I doubt that he has anything to do with space UNLESS he's been there himself. UNLESS he is the ambassador for the Kree to Earth. There's too much he actually has to do that wouldn't make sense to the Rasputin family or this story... I mean, having him in there would just be one more annoying thing that we can't have.

Goodwill said:
I mean, having him in there would just be one more annoying thing that we can't have.

And Lord knows there's been enough griping that there are too many Ultimate X-Men.

I doubt he would be the ambassador to the Kree (didn't the solicits give a name??) but in 616 he was a cosmonaut. (From memory) The Russian government found out about his powers after he became a cosmonaut,

Well, as interesting as it would be to see Mikhail and the interaction between him and Colossus, I don't think that it would fit all that much into the plot and speculation that has been cropping up. I mean, Colossus was only direclty involved because he could speak Russian and was familiar with the landscape.

Thats a reason for him to be involved. Remember, they don't know its Mikhail (if it is) so that is probably the motivation given. Then, the writers have him in a position they can use him in. It could just be a way to get him into Tunguska.

Well, what are his powers? Can't he shoot energy out or change his body mass? That's not impressive enough to disrupt communications globally.

uncannyxmen.net gives his powers as

Powers and Abilities:
manipulate the subatomic substance of matter, warp energy patterns to alter their wavelengths

Notes:
Mikhail's power has always been rather nebulous. He has been seen firing destructive blasts and teleporting through space and dimensions. Mikhail was the first to show Iceman his full potential by transforming Bobby into living ice for the first time.

So basically, its up to the writer what he can do

He's fairly major league. I wouldn't go as far as waek as Maggot but he could quite easily be written at the real Exodus level (not the recent Austen-travasty).

Yeah, I see what you mean... I was just trying to think of polar opposites of each other. The examples given were the first two names that popped into my head.

You know I think Mikhail would work in UU, as a Russian mob boss who bullied his brother Colossus into joining his gang. When Colossus left the mafia to join the X-Men, Mikhail was less then pleased and intended to get hisd brother back. Mikhail is mutant as well, but he should powers that more well defined than they were in the 616 universe.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I can't believe I haven't thought of this before, but has anyone considered the possibilities that Mikhail Rasputin, Colossus' older Brother could be involved in all of this?

in 616 Mikhail was a Soviet Cosmonaut who got accidentally sucked into another dimension during a mission. The X-men found him on a mission in siberia when they too got sucked into the same dimension. Mikhail has the ability to alter matter as he sees fit to, and he can teleport large groups of people. (he later ran the morlocks, but thats not important)

My idea is that Peter will have thought his brother dead, because the soviet gov't put the young officer to work at the secret base in tunguska, and made him essentially "not exist" (616 peter thought that his brother died in an accident).

Perhaps Mikhail is behind all of the mutations in the base, with his government connection, and his ability to alter matter.

It's just too good of a connection between the soviet gov't and the X-men to not have anything to do with all of this

all of what?

This thread started back when Ultimate Nightmare was out

Back when we were finding out about the abandoned soviet super soldier program.

So yeah, nothing really happened with him, although I do think he could be used really well, if they wanted to.

I don't think the Tunguska thing would work. Colossus is a teenager, and the Tunguska mutants were made during the Cold War. If you add those years, it could very much make Mikhail old enough to be Colossus' dad.

cmdrjanjalani said:
I don't think the Tunguska thing would work. Colossus is a teenager, and the Tunguska mutants were made during the Cold War. If you add those years, it could very much make Mikhail old enough to be Colossus' dad.
Well, back when this thread started, I don't think they knew that. Besides, there are other ways thry could write him in.

Latest posts

Back