Ultimate missed opportunities

The Overlord

What missed opportunities have there been in the Ultimate Universe? Something or someone that could have great story, but was bungled or forgotten somewhere along the line.

Oh I could go on for hours with this if only I had the time.

But their mainly all in USM. Bendis started so many great ideas than just flopped them. Like how Peter's attendance seemed to be reaching a peak, him erasing the message on the phone, saying if he missed one more day he'd fail, and things like that. Just flat out dropped. Lame.

I guess it would be redundant to mention how many villains have been wasted and how many characters became throw away characters, at this point?

Last edited:
Oh I could go on for hours with this if only I had the time.

But their mainly all in USM. Bendis started so many great ideas than just flopped them. Like how Peter's attendance seemed to be reaching a peak, him erasing the message on the phone, saying if he missed one more day he'd fail, and things like that. Just flat out dropped. Lame.

Yes.

And Jeanne DeWolfe.

Yes.

And Jeanne DeWolfe.

Exactly, perfect example. She's introduced as a small cool reoccurring character than we get a huge reveal that she's dirty which we all thought was going to lead somewhere big an dramatic as it builds up, but then she's killed and all that potential was just lost.

Exactly, perfect example. She's introduced as a small cool reoccurring character than we get a huge reveal that she's dirty which we all thought was going to lead somewhere big an dramatic as it builds up, but then she's killed and all that potential was just lost.

Gwen Stacy.

The first thing that comes to mind for me is the spider clones. Not the scorpion, but the one with the six arms and the deformed one. They seemed like such interesting characters. I couldent wait to see what direction they would take them.

Then BOOM, they're both dead. They will never be mentioned again. I know you guys didnt like the clone saga, neither did I. But i found the clones interesting. =(

The first thing that comes to mind for me is the spider clones. Not the scorpion, but the one with the six arms and the deformed one. They seemed like such interesting characters. I couldent wait to see what direction they would take them.

Then BOOM, they're both dead. They will never be mentioned again. I know you guys didnt like the clone saga, neither did I. But i found the clones interesting. =(

Speaking of clones. . .

Whatever happened to Jessica Drew? She was easily the best thing to come out of the Clone Saga.

Quesada not waiting for Morrison to do UFF, Morrison not doing his Ultimate Universe event, letting Bendis write the same thing for too long, letting "famous" writers write characters they know nothing about, letting Loeb take over the Ultimate Universe along with his lackeys, letting Bendis/Loeb do anything they want...

Quesada not waiting for Morrison to do UFF, Morrison not doing his Ultimate Universe event, letting Bendis write the same thing for too long, letting "famous" writers write characters they know nothing about, letting Loeb take over the Ultimate Universe along with his lackeys, letting Bendis/Loeb do anything they want...

those arent missed opportunities. Those are plain old bad ideas. :wink:

Yeah, but Loeb sucking isn't missed opportunity, its a fact.

A missed opportunity is not finding a better way to build on Millar first two vols of Ultimates.

I missed opportunity would be more specific, like how the world is reacting or dealing with the fact that Thor is, indeed, a god. Or what happened to the Ultron/Vision robots. Cap/Jan/Hank.

Instead we get a hilariously bad knockoff of the current 616 Skrull invasion with...robots.

I missed opportunity would be more specific, like how the world is reacting or dealing with the fact that Thor is, indeed, a god. Or what happened to the Ultron/Vision robots. Cap/Jan/Hank.

Instead we get a hilariously bad knockoff of the current 616 Skrull invasion with...robots.

Plus all that brotherhood stuff which just seems tacked on, has we have discussed million times before, there was thousands of better stories to be told with the ultimates that are far better than anything Loeb came up with up.

Heck a storyline featuring Ultimate Egghead would have been better.

Latest posts

Back