Ultimate Mysterio

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
So A guy in a fishbowl comes out of nowhere and starts declaring the end of days. Spider-Man goes to see what the commotion is all about. The man declares himself as Spider-Man's enemy and encourages a fight. Spider-Man cannot touch him and learns that he is a hallucination. The final hologram disappears with a warning that world is coming to and end at midnight that night.

Throughout the rest of the day Spider-Man witnesses all sorts of weirdness and crazy happenings including a meteor in the sky that is drawing closer to Earth that convinces him the end is near. He also encounters the man with the fishbowl helmut a few more times. He spends the rest of his day trying to figure out how to prevent the end of times.

Midnight draws closer and Spider-Man has given up hope. He's extremely confused and doesn't even know where to begin. He waits for the end.

Midnight...
Spider-Man lies in wait... sitting on a building ledge whining as usual. Just then his Spider-sense goes off and he turns around it's the man with the fishbowl helmut. He steps out of the shadows and begins to take his helmut off, revealing his true identity. The man speaks. "Greetings again, Spider-Man. I am Quentin Beck. I am an actor." The man has a very serious expression on his face. Spider-Man is confused.

And then from the nearest window of the building a voice shouts out, "And I'm Ashton Kutcher and you've just been PUNK'D!!"

So what do you think... :twisted:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

sorry........i couldn't find a clapping smiley......but that was fantastic!

It's good. I didnt see that coming at the end. I dont like Ashton Kutcher that much, but the end was very funny. Rock on, man!

haha, you made me spit out my coffie there ! well, if this was really ultimate, maybe you should drop the idea of tehe fish thing on the head. I like the " new " 616 version of mys, with a a green "cloudy" head. It just looks amazing.

Didn't expect so much praise for that one.... :twisted:

Of course I'd rather see a serious story told with Mysterio or any villains, unless they're used like Shocker.

But I was watching Punk'd and the idea just popped into my head. If anyone has some serious thoughts on Mysterio you can post them in here of course.

and Thanks again guys :twisted:

I might try thinking something up for Mysterio tonight. I'll have an idea tomorrow.

Wow!

As I was reading this, I was initially thinking, "this is collossaly, unbelievable STUPID! Why would a prophet of doom appear ONLY to Spidey. Wouldn't SHIELD have been tipped off, if there was really some kind of legitimate warning of imminent armageddon. This just doesn't make any sense."

But then I reached the end, and I'm like -- you Punk'd ME, too, MWoF! Bravo!

I figure die-hard fans would be pissed off, but I love the irreverent tone of the ending, and I certainly didn't expect it from you. (I mean that in the best way possible, believe me.)

OMG! I laughed awful hard on that one!

This is so damn cool it actually makes a viable gag story. Since Bendis is so fond of one-two issue breaks between major arcs that are used to develop the soap opera moments of Peter's life, I can see this hilarious idea being inserted in between.

And just the idea of one page with Ashton looking down screaming with the stupidest looking face as the final image is just hilarious, almost WANTED-like. In fact, I'd love WANTED's J.G. Jones to do the art for that.

Bravo, MWOF!

Very, very cool man. It really fits the flavor of USM well, with a bit of the Ultimates style name droping. I'd love it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I posted this up at Bendis' Boards and they pretty much hated it.
I love the Bendis board, but I'm not surprised they did. I guess they don't consciously realize how willingly stupid Bendis can get inside his head and I bet they would probably love it if Bendis REALLY came up with it.

Latest posts

Back