Ultimate Nightcrawler

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Goodwill said:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually miss having Wolverine around. He's a cool character to have around because there's an internal struggle going on and one that most characters don't have... For instance, we don't know anything about Dazz, Kitty, and NC, really... What are they there for, you know? Let's get inside some characters heads. With Wolverine, it's very easy to do something like that, you know?

Personally I think Nightcrawler is being done all wrong he should be just as lethal and just as internally driven as Wolverine... I mean he was WeaponX.

He's being softened up too much but he hasn't done anything particularly central for a little while before this. This arc should have a bit more 'Crawler so maybe Vaughn will fix it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Personally I think Nightcrawler is being done all wrong he should be just as lethal and just as internally driven as Wolverine... I mean he was WeaponX.

I like how he's written. He's very naive and innocent and provies a nice contrast to the rest of the mostly cynical team.

I don't mind how he's written either but thats not right for a character that spent 5 years or something in a military weapon training program.

I think the way Nightcrawler acts is good. Hes gone through all that crap at weapon X and is still a kid at heart. I think that how he acts is just an "act" so he doesnt have to deal with all his problems, like his appearance and his torture at weapon x.

Yeah, he's a religious person (I think - isn't Ultimate Nightcrawler religious) and you'd expect him to have hope and compassion and not be angry or bitter.

The Nightcrawler talk here really should be split off; I think there's even a Nightcrawler thread existing...

There has been no indication of religion with Ultimate NC, however, he does seem to have a lot more wisdom than others... He actually convinced a threatening Storm to come join them for a mission briefing, something that I don't think any of the others could've done, you know? There's definitely a lot more in NC's head this time around than the mere fact that he was used as a weapon one point in his life... I do think, though, that he and Wolverine should have a little bit more to do with one another since, after all, they did go through the same kind of thing.

Latest posts

Back