Ultimate Nullifier speculation (Ult. Nightmare #5 spoilers)

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
I've been reading the "Ultimate Nightmare #5" thread, and I've been thouroughly convinced to pick up the TPB after reading about the coming of Ultimate Galactus (or should I say Gah Lak Tus?). But I was wondering if they're gonna have the Ultimate "Ultimate Nullifier"(I'll try really hard not to use that phrase again) and I had an idea. This is gonna take a while, so bare with me:

Millions of years ago, an extremely advanced race of aliens find themselves at the mercy of Galactus. Their greatest scientists work to build a weapon to destroy him once and for all, but they are unable to finish it in time because of one critical element that they are unable to obtain. Before they are destroyed they rocket the weapon into space, hoping that some other civilization will find it, complete it, and someday save themselves from Galactus.

A few million years later, the object drifts into our solar system. It is intercepted by Earth's Watcher, who studies it. He figures out what it is, but not what it is for. Then he recieves a grave message that Galactus is heading towards Earth. He builds an android to warn Earth's inhabitants and give them the weapon, in the hopes that they may be able to finish it.

When he arrives on earth he is intercepted by the Russians, and a Russian soldier finds the weapon and pockets it. He takes it home, and for several decades, it stays in his home, but is lost at some point.

When the Vision is taken by S.H.I.E.L.D., he warns them of "an object of enourmas power that is the key to their survival." When the weapon is found, it is analyzed but S.H.I.E.L.D. is unable to finish it, so they send it to Reed Richards. Basically he learns that the object is powered by negative energy. When the weapon is used against Galactus, its negative energy reacts with the positive energy that he has absorbed from the planets he has "eaten" causing his death (with no damage done to anyone or anything else).

When Galactus does show up, Reed saps energy from the negative zone to power it. Soon though, S.H.I.E.L.D. learns why Galactus exists in the first place. You see, at some point in time, Galactus is supposed to release all the energy he has taken, creating a "big bang" that will end this universe, and begin the next one. If Galactus is not allowed to fulfill his destiny, something horrible will happen to the universe.

It becomes a race against time to stop the weapon from being used.

If I got anything wrong here, please someone correct me. I hope somebody thinks this is a good idea, and not just the ramblings of a madman, because this took me forever to write.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I like it up to He saps the energy to create a big bang theory n' something bad will happen to Galactus if his destiny is unfulfilled.

What did the 616 Nullifier do anyway?

The 616 Nullifier was a msteryious weapon that could make anything in the Universe cease to exist. It could only be used once, and it destroyed its user,too.

Oh, and just to clarify, I didn't mean that something horrible would happen to Galactus, I meant something horrible would happen to the entire universe.

moonmaster said:
Oh, and just to clarify, I didn't mean that something horrible would happen to Galactus, I meant something horrible would happen to the entire universe.

Yeah, I got that. I don't like the idea that they'd have to keep Galactus alive or soemthing bad would happen it's like a lose lose situation. I'm not a fan.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Yeah, I got that. I don't like the idea that they'd have to keep Galactus alive or soemthing bad would happen it's like a lose lose situation. I'm not a fan.

Maybe I should have mentioned my idea for the conclusion. S.H.I.E.L.D. is forced to come up with an alternate plan to get rid of Galactus. So, (and I believe this happened with the 616 Nullifier) they threaten Galactus with the weapon. Not knowing of his own destiny, and the problem his death would cause, he believes them and leave Earth alone.

moonmaster said:
Maybe I should have mentioned my idea for the conclusion. S.H.I.E.L.D. is forced to come up with an alternate plan to get rid of Galactus. So, (and I believe this happened with the 616 Nullifier) they threaten Galactus with the weapon. Not knowing of his own destiny, and the problem his death would cause, he believes them and leave Earth alone.

All right, I'll buy it. Not the best story I could see but it's good.

I don't really like the idea of the Watcher being the same basic entity as in 616. That's something used in what if?s, not an entirely separate and differently-toned universe.

If you look at my "Origin of Mutanity" thread, I mention thinking about the possibility of superheroes being weapons designed to fight Galactus. Then I got thinking that maybe there is a faction who is purposely using Earth as a battleground/trap to destroy Galactus. In that case, maybe, just maybe, they've set the battleground for Earth so that they can use their Ultimate Ultimate Nullifier.

But then, my mind doesn't shut up, so I'm going to say something that's probably totally 100% incorrect, but what the hell, it popped in my brain and I can't get rid of it. When Moonmaster said: "When he arrives on earth he is intercepted by the Russians, and a Russian soldier finds the weapon and pockets it. He takes it home, and for several decades, it stays in his home, but is lost at some point." I just thought, what if this Ultimate Ultimate Nullifier was lost on Earth, and someone found it by accident? Say, a 30-year old male, nurse? What is Mjolnir is the Ultimate Nullifier? That'd be kind of cool, even though totally ridiculous.

As for the story, Moonmaster: it ain't half bad. I like the idea that without Galactus the universe is doomed, but Galactus is a threat to Earth. It's a good choice. Let Earth die or let the Universe succumb to entropy. But I think Galactus should know his destiny. That ignorance just doesn't fit. Still, as nice as it is, I still think your a mad man.

Bass said:
If you look at my "Origin of Mutanity" thread, I mention thinking about the possibility of superheroes being weapons designed to fight Galactus.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say again how much I like that idea. Makes so much sense.

Bass said:
If you look at my "Origin of Mutanity" thread, I mention thinking about the possibility of superheroes being weapons designed to fight Galactus. Then I got thinking that maybe there is a faction who is purposely using Earth as a battleground/trap to destroy Galactus. In that case, maybe, just maybe, they've set the battleground for Earth so that they can use their Ultimate Ultimate Nullifier.

But then, my mind doesn't shut up, so I'm going to say something that's probably totally 100% incorrect, but what the hell, it popped in my brain and I can't get rid of it. When Moonmaster said: "When he arrives on earth he is intercepted by the Russians, and a Russian soldier finds the weapon and pockets it. He takes it home, and for several decades, it stays in his home, but is lost at some point." I just thought, what if this Ultimate Ultimate Nullifier was lost on Earth, and someone found it by accident? Say, a 30-year old male, nurse? What is Mjolnir is the Ultimate Nullifier? That'd be kind of cool, even though totally ridiculous.

As for the story, Moonmaster: it ain't half bad. I like the idea that without Galactus the universe is doomed, but Galactus is a threat to Earth. It's a good choice. Let Earth die or let the Universe succumb to entropy. But I think Galactus should know his destiny. That ignorance just doesn't fit. Still, as nice as it is, I still think your a mad man.

I've never heard of that "Origin of Mutanity" theory before, but thought that exact same thing the other day, and thought about posting it It would give a really good reason for why theres been a surge of mutants only recently in the Ultimate Universe.

I also liked that Thor idea. Also, I'm gonna admit I was a little lazy. That "Galactus not knowing his fate" thing was just a conveniant plot device.

Oh, and I know I'm a mad man. :crazy:

Last edited:
Read UN#5 in the shop so i didn't pick up on the finer details.Is the Vision a herald?Or could the Vision be the nullifier?Therefore there's a army of russian freaks to fight Galactus with,led by The Ultimates(this includes the ground troops),incorporating the worlds mutants(under the guidence of the XMen),the FF and the Baxter building figuring out how to take down the Heralds.This will all be co-ordinated by Nick Fury,using the Triskelion as a Home Base,patched into each group.Think on a scale of the Arena arc in the early issues of EXiles.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

everyone is assuming we're dealing with the same Galactus as 616.This is Gah Lak Tus.Sounds like a person instead of a60ft purple dude who "eats" planets.I reckon the devourer of planets malark will be scrapped in favour of a more realistic approach.Say,I dunno,a Khan-type character.The Heralds could be his generals and we could have Gah floating in space in his ship,watching all the fronts on monitors and Ultimate Arrival could be Gah vs Nick Fury.This'd explain why "someone" is trying to stop Earth's space program,if Gah spends the invasion off-planet.

Any ideas guys?

Patriot said:
Is the Vision a herald?

That was a theory I suggested somewhere on this site...

Patriot said:
This is Gah Lak Tus.Sounds like a person

Remember that isn't his name - that's just what the Watchers (at least it seems to be Watchers based on Vision's description) call him.

If they're going to go realistic on Galactus (or Gah Lak Tus), I can't think of anything more realistic than an obese American showing up to devour the Earth as if it were a big mac, with his heralds as delivery boys. "Would you like moons with that?"

Granted, it would make the mood of Ultimate Nightmare inappropriate, but hey, it'd be true to life. :D

Bass said:
If they're going to go realistic on Galactus (or Gah Lak Tus), I can't think of anything more realistic than an obese American showing up to devour the Earth as if it were a big mac, with his heralds as delivery boys. "Would you like moons with that?".
I just can't help but laugh at too.... :lol:

Bass said:
If they're going to go realistic on Galactus (or Gah Lak Tus), I can't think of anything more realistic than an obese American showing up to devour the Earth as if it were a big mac, with his heralds as delivery boys. "Would you like moons with that?"

Granted, it would make the mood of Ultimate Nightmare inappropriate, but hey, it'd be true to life. :D

Or, how about this - instead of an obese American, they show a Brit with really bad teeth!

Ba-dum-dum!

Latest posts

Back