Ultimate Onslaught

Russian Tank

Banned
Despite I'm sure nearly everyone dissagreeing, I'd love to see Ultimate Onslaught. Not necessarily having EVERYONE come together, I think it should be just an X-Men thing.

Russian Tank said:
Despite I'm sure nearly everyone dissagreeing, I'd love to see Ultimate Onslaught. Not necessarily having EVERYONE come together, I think it should be just an X-Men thing.

Onslaught - interesting idea, poor execution. I would definitely NOT like to see it Ultimized. Not the event anyway. The character was an interesting concept though; maybe if they did something to not make him so riduculous it could work as an Ultimization.

UltimateE said:
Onslaught - interesting idea, poor execution. I would definitely NOT like to see it Ultimized. Not the event anyway. The character was an interesting concept though; maybe if they did something to not make him so riduculous it could work as an Ultimization.
What was ridiculous about him, to you?

icemastertron said:
What was ridiculous about him, to you?

Kind of hard to pinpoint it. I didn't like that he was a being created from psionic energy - that's hokey to me. And Ultimate Xavier doesn't seem powerful enough to do something like that anyway.

I also didn't like how Franklin and Nate Grey were "inside" Onslaught. I can't really explain why, but I thought it was dumb.

That whole story, to me, looked like they had the characters they wanted to use, and they had an end in mind, and they made up the middle as they went along.

Guijllons said:
It could work, an Ultimates/X-men crossover at best.

Ult. Fantastic 4/X-Men might be more appropriate.

I actually did mean the character, not the event. I thought it'd be interesting. I'm not exactly creative, but I'd like to somehow see him tie into the Phoenix. Maybe Onslaught could be Xavier's Phoenix to Jean. Like a mental entity. This could be brought on by stress just like in 616, such as what happened to Hank.

Russian Tank said:
I actually did mean the character, not the event. I thought it'd be interesting. I'm not exactly creative, but I'd like to somehow see him tie into the Phoenix. Maybe Onslaught could be Xavier's Phoenix to Jean. Like a mental entity. This could be brought on by stress just like in 616, such as what happened to Hank.
Well if Xavier somehow sacrificed himself for Jean and we had a small battle between a new Phoenix-Xavier (Ultimate Onslaught) that was defeated quickly... I'd go for it.

UltimateE said:
Ult. Fantastic 4/X-Men might be more appropriate.
SHIELD deal with national security and they have the rights on Magneto.
Other than Reed building a death ray and Franklin opening a portal to another universe or whatever, how do the FF fit in?

I'm sure Jean could relay all that information. And maybe by destroying Onslaught, the Phoenix is tainted, giving way for a Dark Phoenix. Or Onslaught could be an alias for Loki. Just throwing out ideas here. Don't mind me.

I just think that SHIELD would be more determined than anyone to get Magneto, and Xavier, behind bars for any damage they do.
They face massive public embarrassment him escaping them at all.

Guijllons said:
SHIELD deal with national security and they have the rights on Magneto.
Other than Reed building a death ray and Franklin opening a portal to another universe or whatever, how do the FF fit in?

I'm thinking about the original story...IIRC it was Reed who figured out how to destroy Onslaught, and they were more personally involved in the story because Franklin was involved (yeah, I know he isn't in the UU).

So what I said only goes if it is based, however loosely, on the original.

I think they should have Jean and Wanda bond to produce a huge female anti-Onslaught so they could have massive battles through New York and throw feminist quotes at the original.

©Loki Genius Ideas Inc. 2005

We bow before your genius ideas Loki.

Onslaught for me was always a concept with such incredible potential to really gut the X-men like the spawning fish they are (Ahem. Anyway) but such terrible execution that its..well, crap. Its something I hope is given a drastic ultimization one day.

Latest posts

Back