Ultimate Power #4 Preview @ PopCultureShock

This is the one where JMS takes over, right? I might get it. Of course, I'll have to get the other 3 too...

Looks like thor will be going over...fury too...am I right that we're losing an ultimate characater to the supreme-verse? they said someone wasn't coming back....I was originally hoping they'd get captain marvel..cuz he's not doing much in the ultimate universe and could be a kinda martian manhunter analogy..doesn't look like that's gonna happen tho..Once we read the issue and see who's on the team we can speculate who stays in superemverse

If somebody stays, it will probably be only temporary. I mean, come on.

Now as far as the issue preview goes...

WOW. This is the first Ultimate Preview in some time (aside some of the Cable previews) that has me truly intrigued. And I LOVED the dialogue. It's fun, and the art was pretty good (I like Ant-Man's brown duds... they've grown on me, and they are an ok look I think) but the dialogue reminded me why I liked the Ultimate comics in the first place. If Stracynsikysckeiz (whatever) would be willing to do straightforward stories that aren't bull**** for USM i'd be for it. I like Spidey's naïvity and awe at the superheroes playing into this- he is still just a kid.

Good fun.

True..I suppose with what they said about ultimate and 616 never crossing over and then they went and did black panther..it seems they reserve the right to lie/bend truth if they think they can make a quick buck
Now as far as the issue preview goes...

WOW. This is the first Ultimate Preview in some time (aside some of the Cable previews) that has me truly intrigued. And I LOVED the dialogue. It's fun, and the art was pretty good (I like Ant-Man's brown duds... they've grown on me, and they are an ok look I think) but the dialogue reminded me why I liked the Ultimate comics in the first place. If Stracynsikysckeiz (whatever) would be willing to do straightforward stories that aren't bull**** for USM i'd be for it. I like Spidey's naïvity and awe at the superheroes playing into this- he is still just a kid.

Good fun.

Agreed, I generally get excited with previews tho...

When Spidey said 'Nicky-Poo', I was like, great, more Bendis dialogue. Then I thought about it, and it reminded me of the 616 Spider-Man would say.

I bet if JMS wrote USM, there wouldn't be any, Oy, and I'm not even Jewish.

Especially considering what a waste it would be since Squadron Supreme is pretty much dead in the water.

Especially considering what a waste it would be since Squadron Supreme is pretty much dead in the water.

Why do people keep saying that. I know squadron supreme hasn't been as good as supreme power...but i'm still sticking with it and i've been really enjoying the hyperion vs. nighthawk mini. I think it could easily pick up again...tho after this mini (ultimate power) it might all change...I still has faith, there's been nothing i've hated in the series

ultimate power still has potential.
if the question marks about all that meaningless action keeps being answered (and the answers are good enough) ultimate power can be saved :)

Why do people keep saying that. I know squadron supreme hasn't been as good as supreme power...but i'm still sticking with it and i've been really enjoying the hyperion vs. nighthawk mini. I think it could easily pick up again...tho after this mini (ultimate power) it might all change...I still has faith, there's been nothing i've hated in the series

I wasn't talking about the quality.

I was talking about the fact that it never comes out.

I actually just read the preview now. These pages look good. Better than the last 3 issues. Hopefully the rest will be as good, but we'll have to see.

Latest posts

Back