Ultimate Power: How is it related to Supreme Power?

wildmaiden

If I understand correctly, Ultimate Power will have the characters from Supreme Power cross over into the Ultimate Universe. Does this, in a sense, make the Supreme Power series part of the Ultimate Universe? Will the events that took place in Supreme Power also have taken place in the lives of the characters that are crossing over?

Basically, would it be a good idea to read all of Supreme Power before Ultimate Power so that we know the characters? or will each character be reintroduced and have the origins retold etc?

wildmaiden said:
If I understand correctly, Ultimate Power will have the characters from Supreme Power cross over into the Ultimate Universe. Does this, in a sense, make the Supreme Power series part of the Ultimate Universe? Will the events that took place in Supreme Power also have taken place in the lives of the characters that are crossing over?
Nobody knows since not much have been revealed but the most logical thing is that they will be two completely different universes (think Marvel and DC and know what I mean) that will somehow connect by a portal or something like that.
wildmaiden said:
Basically, would it be a good idea to read all of Supreme Power before Ultimate Power so that we know the characters? or will each character be reintroduced and have the origins retold etc?
Nobody knows how the story will be told but a small introduction will most likely take place but read Supreme Power anyway. It is a good read.

Supreme Power is in the Ultimate Multiverse

'Earth S' Squadron Supreme are in the 616 Multiverse

wildmaiden said:
will each character be reintroduced and have the origins retold etc?

I wouldn't count on it, but it's possible.

Supreme Power was good - if time and money permits, you should check them out, if only for a good story. No one knows yet how essential it will be to know the characters and their situations.

E said:
I wouldn't count on it, but it's possible.

Supreme Power was good - if time and money permits, you should check them out, if only for a good story. No one knows yet how essential it will be to know the characters and their situations.

Right...but considering the series is being billed as having "lasting ramifications" (some Ultimate characters will be going to the Supreme-verse after the series and some Supreme characters will be staying in the Ultimate universe after the series ends...supposedly) or some other nonsense it might be a good idea to check Supreme Power out.

I look at it like this: the original Squadron Supreme were from an alternate reality to the 616 universe's Avengers. They crossed over into the 616-verse (and vice-versa) many a time. I'm looking at Ultimate Power as an Ultimization of those classic stories. The Supreme and Ultimate-verses are completely different realities and universes (along with the N-Zone and Zombie-verses from UFF), but through some comic book plot device (some reality-jumping portal or something like Reed created to travel to the N-Zone and Zombie-verse) the characters will meet up and interact. We'll have to wait until October for the specifics, but thats I think is a pretty fair assumption at this point.

So, no, the continuity won't be screwed up in terms of the previous histories of the two universes, as at this point they probably have no idea of the other's existence, at least until the Ultimate Power.

WARNING SPOILERS TO THE CHARACTERS OF ULTIMATE POWER!

Hmm...well ok it seems that this will ,in fact,be a remake of the Serpent Squad and so on because the characters are being Ultimized. It also seems to me that some look a lot.....better from what they used to (especially Anaconda). I will show you a picture of the Ultimate Serpent Squad (which most of you have probably seen) and bellow I will show what their 616 Multiverse counterparts looked like.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7e/UltimateSerpents.jpg

K in that picture from left to right is:

Death Adder : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Adder_(comics)

Black Mamba: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mamba_(comics)

Anaconda: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaconda_(comics)

Princess Python: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Python_(comics)

Asp: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asp_(comics)

Tell me who you think looks better than their 616 at first glance.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying... are you talking about how Ultimate Power is ultimizing the Serpent Society, or ultimizing Supreme Power?

If you're meaning the former, then yes, they seem to be getting ultimized, and now look like a bunch of cold blooded prostitutes.

If you're meaning the latter, then you're wrong. Supreme Power is not being ultimized - it is still going to be the same characters from Supreme Power and Squadron Supreme - they are merely crossing over with the Ultimate Universe.

So that means no Ultimate Hyperion or Ultimate Doctor Spectrum, just normal Hyperion and Doctor Spectrum.

Hmm....I thought I changed both of them to Serpent Squad. Oh well.
And by the way they could Ultimize more characters in this story that we don't know about. Do you think we will ever see a Ult Hyperion and so on?

Thor said:
Hmm....I thought I changed both of them to Serpent Squad. Oh well.
And by the way they could Ultimize more characters in this story that we don't know about. Do you think we will ever see a Ult Hyperion and so on?

I don't think we'll see an Ultimate Hyperion etc. for a while, or not at all, mainly because a) they're not very well known, and b) Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme essentially is an Ultimate book, so there's no need to ultimize them twice.

Hibiki said:
So this Squadron is/isn't the same as 616 Squadron.

Depends what you mean. If you're talking about the old Squadron Supreme that crossovered with the Avengers a few times, then yes, this is a different Squadron.

If you're talking about the team in the current Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme series, then no, this is the same Squadron.

ProjectX2 said:
I don't think we'll see an Ultimate Hyperion etc. for a while, or not at all, mainly because a) they're not very well known, and b) Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme essentially is an Ultimate book, so there's no need to ultimize them twice.

Right. Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme basically is Ultimate Sqaudron Supreme. SS was completely redone in a modern light, and is now crossing over with the Ultimate Universe.

I like to just look as SP/SS as Ultimate books. They basically are in everything but name.

ProjectX2 said:

Depends what you mean. If you're talking about the old Squadron Supreme that crossovered with the Avengers a few times, then yes, this is a different Squadron.

If you're talking about the team in the current Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme series, then no, this is the same Squadron.

I meant the ladder. Thanks for clarifying.

Right. Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme basically is Ultimate Sqaudron Supreme. SS was completely redone in a modern light, and is now crossing over with the Ultimate Universe.

I like to just look as SP/SS as Ultimate books. They basically are in everything but name.

Hmmm, I guess the timing doesn't really work out, but that statement made me think of this from the Wiki about Ultimate Marvel:

"In the early days of the imprint, Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada mentioned that Marvel had already published one series set in the Ultimate Universe prior to the imprint's launch. In his typically playful way, Quesada neglected to specify the series in question, although speculation favored Grant Morrison's Marvel Boy, released in 2000, but an apperance in Civil War had disproved this."

But I went and checked into it more, and I see Supreme Power was published in 2003, which makes it too late. I suppose the fact that they technically reside in separate universes, even if they can now cross-over in Ultimate Power also counts against the theory, since all the other Ultimate books take place on the same earth.

Hi, by the way :D

Latest posts

Back