Ultimate Psylocke

Goodwill

Well, guys, it's been said that she's going to show up in the pages of the Ultimates, however, now that we've got the Union and the Defenders showing up, I'm seriously doubting that Millar's got any plans for her. Not only that, it hasn't really come up in the past interviews with him, so it's not like the fans care, either, however, I'd like to see her elaborated on, if not by Millar, by Vaughan. She's a character that was obviously brought back for a reason, why not take advantage of her?

Because she'd be about as useful in battle against Thor as Xavier would, and then they're onto meeting the Defenders? And I can't really think that they'd be tackling (if anything) something that required the presence of STRIKE or the Union.

She was trotted out so they could go, "Look, we did the bodyswap! She's not really dead!" Then she went back to doing her job. And unless there's a very legitimate reason for STRIKE and the X-Men or Ultimates to cross paths, I don't want to see her.

I want to see Psylocke back. If see showed up in The Ulimates it would help continuity and tie the books closer together. She never did anything in the World Tour arc. I want to see more use of the physic knife.

thee great one said:
I want to see Psylocke back. If see showed up in The Ulimates it would help continuity and tie the books closer together. She never did anything in the World Tour arc. I want to see more use of the physic knife.
No offense, but how would that help continuity? She's not part of the Union, nor is she a member of SHIELD. She's a member of STRIKE, and a psychic at that. She'd be utterly useless against Thor. We still don't know what (if any) threat there is in the Defenders issue, and there's most likely no reason for her to appear in that. And then we're off to Grand Theft America... and considering how much money Congress is pouring into the Ultimates, do you really think that the Union, much less STRIKE, would get called into action on American soil? Any appearance at this point would be purely gratuitous, and that's why I'm against her appearing in the Ultimates 2.

jtg3885 said:
She was trotted out so they could go, "Look, we did the bodyswap! She's not really dead!" Then she went back to doing her job. And unless there's a very legitimate reason for STRIKE and the X-Men or Ultimates to cross paths, I don't want to see her.
Agreed. The body swap was an ultimization of a 616 plotline (a lot cleaner and more efficient too) I think Psylocke will be shunted off to the side for a while. Where did you hear she was popping up in Ultimates Goody?

I'm pretty sure Millar had used her in all of those hype interviews he did right before Ultimates 2 was going to show up on the racks. He said that her and her brother would be making appearances and they'd be part of the English division. Who knows... I'd like to see her again, but with some relevance like J said, so I'm sort on the fence with this one. If I wanted anyone to handle that it would definitely be Millar since he brought her back in the first place.

I just don't think she has a reason to appear anywhere at this point, and I don't want her to appear just for the hell of it.

One thing to consider is, if she does join the X-Men, this will mean leaving STRIKE. And these huge government organisations aren't going to be too keen on people leaving, especially not someone with psylocke's abilities. If she does appear, then it will be part of a large and important story I'm sure.

Since Xavier now falls under SHIELD's umbrella, and Psylocke falls under STRIKE's, it's not inconceivable that she COULD show up at Xavier's. But with what we know right now of the comics... there really isn't an opening. GTA will most likely be an internal matter, and I doubt that SHIELD/Fury will call in external help to deal with Magneto's escape. And then we're off on Singer's run which I still am betting will be the Dark Phoenix arc. Maybe after Singer's year (if UXM is still in print) or in U3... but not before that.

Singer isnt going to use Psylocke in his run. There is no use for her yet in the book. BUt it would be cool if we see her interact with the Ultimates.SHe might even mention what happend to her during the World Tour arc. But not yet in UXM

Bet he brings in Magneto's Mutant Making Machine, and that is just sucky beyond belief. How long is his run anyway?

And Psylocke, yeah, Xavier's is under SHIELD jurisdiction now. But I do feel as though Fury sees it more as a training ground for possible SHIELD agents, rather than a place where SHIELD (or STRIKE) agents go. I do feel that the move from one to the other would be a big issue. If it isn't.. well.. pah!

Guijllons said:
Bet he brings in Magneto's Mutant Making Machine, and that is just sucky beyond belief. How long is his run anyway?
It's been said many times. He's run will last a year.

Guijllons said:
Bet he brings in Magneto's Mutant Making Machine, and that is just sucky beyond belief.

No I think the whole mutant making machine was something cool to do. It makes Magneto more dangerous. But I really dont want to see another X-Men versus Magneto again, cause you know the Ultimates are going to be in it and I dont want to see the Ultimates in Ultimate X-Men. Back to Psylocke...

if Magneto did esacpe I somehow think that every world wider branch of SHIELD will be called out. There cant only be SHIELD and STRIKE. There has to be more.

René said:
No I think the whole mutant making machine was something cool to do. It makes Magneto more dangerous. But I really dont want to see another X-Men versus Magneto again, cause you know the Ultimates are going to be in it and I dont want to see the Ultimates in Ultimate X-Men. Back to Psylocke...
Erm... what the hell do you think Magneto will be doing in UXM then? I really doubt he'll have seen the error of his ways and be trying to help Xavier in his dream for human-mutant coexistence.
René said:
if Magneto did esacpe I somehow think that every world wider branch of SHIELD will be called out. There cant only be SHIELD and STRIKE. There has to be more.
Oh, you mean how like every worldwide branch was called out when five extremely dangerous IUGMs escaped from SHIELD custody? Magneto is no different. It'd be a cause of embarrassment for SHIELD to even admit he escaped, I don't think they'd make things worse and turn to foreign help to recapture him.

I read all you said and all I heard was...blah.

LAYMEN TERMS.

hehehe. I think the points are valid. Magneto is a terrorist on American soil. The crimes he has committed have been against Americans. STRIKE will have their own stuff to worry about, if Magneto pops over to Europe, then someone will try to slap him down. But I doubt that will happen.

And nah, the mutant machine is really sucky.

Magneto maybe a terrorist on American Soil but did he affect just the US all of the world. Do you really think no other country is going to go after Magneto if he escaped, he's a theart the human race...

and if only the US has humans left, then I think that the rest of the world has nothing to fear.

René said:
Magneto maybe a terrorist on American Soil but did he affect just the US all of the world. Do you really think no other country is going to go after Magneto if he escaped, he's a theart the human race...
But what will be the point of the other countries going after someone that hasn't been a threat to them? As much as I see your point, I'm on board with J and Gui on this.

Latest posts

Back