Ultimate Sandman

nigma

To make sure I'm not going crazy, the 1st appearance of Sandman was in Ultimate Six, right?

cuz he just showed up when I was re-reading 'ultimate six' last night. It occurred to me that this was the 1st time I'd seen him. And I don't remember him getting nabbed in USM, and I don't think he was in Ultimates either.

Mr. Sandman had a cameo in USM # 17. He didn't makes his full apearance until # 46.

There you go. ;) I knew someone would get it right. He was another experiment of Justin Hammer's and, after the fight between Spider-Man and Carnage, Spider-Man fought with Sand Man on his way home. This fight took place in #46, though. After that, he was there (in the background) for Ultimate Six.

Ultxon said:
Mr. Sandman had a cameo in USM # 17. He didn't makes his full apearance until # 46.
If I recall correctly, that was the cameo where they showed the "progress" of the Sandman Project, depicting an out of control sand creature with absolutely little stability.

This is just nitpicking, but we're not even sure if that Sandman is the same Flint Marko Sandman we get to know later in Ultimate Six, whose powers are obviously a little more refined.

Yes, sir, we do. There's actually a caption on the same screen that the Sandman first appears in that mentions Flint Marko. ;)

In the Doc Ock arc, it shows Sandman battling to control his power, then #46 he escapes from Justin Hammers labs and gets captured by SHIELD

Goodwill said:
There you go. ;) I knew someone would get it right. He was another experiment of Justin Hammer's and, after the fight between Spider-Man and Carnage, Spider-Man fought with Sand Man on his way home. This fight took place in #46, though. After that, he was there (in the background) for Ultimate Six.

It was issue #46 and had Agent Carter being interviewed about the Spider-Man & Doc Ock, not Carnage, battle. Then she said Sandman escaped after the fight and Spider-man showed up again to help.

thankz guyz, and im pretty sure its the same sandman in 17 and in 46, and i remember that the first time that i read this i thought it was hydro man, i was still thinking the same thing.

nigma said:
thankz guyz, and im pretty sure its the same sandman in 17 and in 46, and i remember that the first time that i read this i thought it was hydro man, i was still thinking the same thing.

Agent Carter's report in USM #46 is basically a "lost story" about Spidey and SHIELD discovering Marko just a few moments after Parker beats the crap out of Doc Ock for the first time. He discovers Sandman in the laboratory that Doc Ock trashes before he goes after Justin Hammer.

since i got my question answered [more or less], here's another one.

Since we have Hammerhead coming up here soon, do you guys thing he will make a reference to his ownership of genetic rejects like sandman?

Or kingpin's ownership of rejects like shocker?

{by ownership I mean created and genetically altered there DNA for there own gains}

nigma said:
since i got my question answered [more or less], here's another one.

Since we have Hammerhead coming up here soon, do you guys thing he will make a reference to his ownership of genetic rejects like sandman?

Hammerhead never created Sandman, Justin Hammer did

Nurhachi said:
Hammerhead never created Sandman, Justin Hammer did

its the hammer part that's throwing me off, i sort 'a know a little about hammerHEAD. but who the hell is Justin hammer then? (i looked through the 'Why Hammerhead?' and didn't see a clear answer)

nigma said:
its the hammer part that's throwing me off, i sort 'a know a little about hammerHEAD. but who the hell is Justin hammer then? (i looked through the 'Why Hammerhead?' and didn't see a clear answer)

Justin Hammer is the dude from Ultimate Spider-Man v3. He's the guy Doctor Octopus was after cuz he blamed him for sabotaging the accident that fused his metal arms to him. Hammer was responsible for both Electro and Sandman. He died of a heart attack when Doc Ock attacked his limo

Nurhachi said:
Justin Hammer is the dude from Ultimate Spider-Man v3. He's the guy Doctor Octopus was after cuz he blamed him for sabotaging the accident that fused his metal arms to him. Hammer was responsible for both Electro and Sandman. He died of a heart attack when Doc Ock attacked his limo

Let me put it this way: Is Hammer some guy that Bendis cooked up or does he have a 616 background? Is Hammer some sort of evil dude, or is he like Norman Osborn, trying to create the next super solider formula, and in the process created sandman and Electro.

He has a 616 backround. Hes the owner of Hammer Industries. Similar role to ultimate i think. He's a completely different character to hammerhead, who is a crime lord with a hard head.

Yes, Nur is correct. Justin Hammer was more of a competitor to Stark except he was more interested in creating superpowered mercenaries as opposed to Stark's development of general purpose technologies with military applications and potential commercial use.

Hammerhead on the other hand was just some guy vying for criminal territory with the Kingpin. If I recall correctly, he was also a member of the Maggia family which was Marvel's Comics Code-era analogue for the Mafia, but I could be wrong about that one.

Hammerhead really wasn't that big of a deal in 616 and I don't think he will amount to one in the UU. As much as I would like to see him become more of a major player, it won't happen. Kingpin's been written well under Bendis and he's shaped him out to be a very intelligent man, too. I don't see Bendis doing the same thing with Hammerhead. Perhaps he's got mob ties, that's fine, but I doubt that he'll be able to have strength in numbers enough to become a boss man.

Latest posts

Back