Ultimate Silver Sable

TyphoiDCAT

Didn't know if anyone posted this yet. It's from Newarama

S_Sables.jpg

It has been talked about in another thread. I guess this could be used to speculate on though.

Silver Sable and the Wild Pack are appearing in the comic the same time the game is released.

I don't know how I feel about her showing up. Sure, it's putting the streets back into the far-fetched Ultimate Spider-Man title, however, at what cost? That's what I'm wondering. Here's another character that could have been saved for a later date so that we could have a similar character, Black Cat or Elektra, take her place. Hell, Daredevil could've stepped in...

The Ultimate Universe is losing it's "pazazz" when it comes to introducing new characters. We just respond, "What else is new?" and go on and on reading it.

Did anyone notice that for the most part Bendis and Bagley's version of Ultimate heroes usually looks like their 616 counterparts (Spider-Man, Daredevil, Blade, Silver Sable, Black Cat, Dr. Strange) while the villains look vastly different (Green Goblin, Electro, Shocker, Rhino)?

Though, some look exactly the same (Kingpin, Elektra, Doctor Octopus, Venom, Carnage).

Nevermind, that theory kind of went right out the window.

same difference

DIrishB said:
Did anyone notice that for the most part Bendis and Bagley's version of Ultimate heroes usually looks like their 616 counterparts (Spider-Man, Daredevil, Blade, Silver Sable, Black Cat, Dr. Strange) while the villains look vastly different (Green Goblin, Electro, Shocker, Rhino)?

Though, some look exactly the same (Kingpin, Elektra, Doctor Octopus, Venom, Carnage).

Nevermind, that theory kind of went right out the window.

You cant really change a hero around much, the heroes origins differ while the villains usually have to change, the attitude of a comic reader is to recognize something familiar and expect something new.....you wouldnt recognize DD if they gave him a green outfit and clown boots, but it wouldnt matter if they gave mr fear an outfit like that, he isnt the hero.....

but you are right, and for the reasons i mentioned, that is why it is the way it is. I am just waiting to see what bags does with deadpool, blade, and morbius, not to forget mysterio. Out of all of those choices, blade will probably be more the same, and mysterio has to be totally different not to disappoint me.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm not excited about USS at all... and I had a bad dream that Ultimate Deadpool only gets a small cameo...

Well, Bendis isn't denying that he'll get a small part, but it must mean something when the arc is called Silver Sable/Deadpool. I would imagine he has a bigger role than your dream provides, but I've been wrong before.

I'm with you, though, as you can probably tell from my post.

Bagley's art looks fine as always but that concept art is rather uninspired. It looks so much like the original Silver Sable it hardly warrants being used as a promotional tease on comic sites.

I don't think that the appearance matters all that much. We should really judge her on her character, you know? That's what I think we should all go by.

Goodwill said:
I don't think that the appearance matters all that much. We should really judge her on her character, you know? That's what I think we should all go by.
You speak the truth, my friend.

But even then, not to be Mr. Premature Pooh-Pooh Guy, but Bendis isn't exactly renowned for his radical reinventions of characters into Ultimate form.

Yes, we leave that up to Vuaghan, but Bendis has struck gold, in my opinion, with his new rendition of such characters as Aunt May and Gwen Stacy. Those characters stick out only because their attitudes have been modernized and such... If that's what's being changed then I see the Silver Sable being, at least, a person with a different attitude than her 616 counterpart. I don't know, though, I didn't know she existed until that MTV Spider-Man show. I don't think that's something to go by, either.

Personally I like Silver Sable and I really wan to see what Bendis has done with the Ultimate Version of her. I mean in ALL reality, most of the femal super-heroes are just really good eye candy.

Goodwill said:
Yes, we leave that up to Vuaghan, but Bendis has struck gold, in my opinion, with his new rendition of such characters as Aunt May and Gwen Stacy. Those characters stick out only because their attitudes have been modernized and such... If that's what's being changed then I see the Silver Sable being, at least, a person with a different attitude than her 616 counterpart. I don't know, though, I didn't know she existed until that MTV Spider-Man show. I don't think that's something to go by, either.
Exactly.

To be fair to Bendis, he's only incompetent at Ultimatizing from a plot point of view and not from a characterization point of view, something he's excelled at since he was but a starving ramen noodle eating indie comic creator whose art stank.

ourchair said:
Exactly.

To be fair to Bendis, he's only incompetent at Ultimatizing from a plot point of view and not from a characterization point of view, something he's excelled at since he was but a starving ramen noodle eating indie comic creator whose art stank.

Wasn't the 616 Silver Sable from eastern Europe? If so I have an Idea. Maybe she could be from Bosnia and lost her parents in one of the attacks making her bent on her life as an assassin (or whatever it is that she is in Ultimate Universe).

And, I think since Black Cat took a whirl at Elektra, Silver Sable should too. :lol:

Hawkeye101 said:
Wasn't the 616 Silver Sable from eastern Europe? If so I have an Idea. Maybe she could be from Bosnia and lost her parents in one of the attacks making her bent on her life as an assassin (or whatever it is that she is in Ultimate Universe).

And, I think since Black Cat took a whirl at Elektra, Silver Sable should too. :lol:

Thats a decent idea. Maybe a Kosovo resident, who, like you said, lost her parents (or some member of her family, maybe even a lover?) that drove her mad batty so she's become a vengeful, cold merc.

DIrishB said:
Thats a decent idea. Maybe a Kosovo resident, who, like you said, lost her parents (or some member of her family, maybe even a lover?) that drove her mad batty so she's become a vengeful, cold merc.

Yeah, and then duke it out with Elektra! Naw, I don't really know what Bendis is going to try with her, but a bosnian character is long overdue.

Hawkeye101 said:
Yeah, and then duke it out with Elektra! Naw, I don't really know what Bendis is going to try with her, but a bosnian character is long overdue.

I don't know about overdue, but it would be certainly original. And somewhat relevant (though it would have been MUCH more so about 10-12 years ago up through the later 90's). Though is relevance really that important to comic book writers?

Latest posts

Back