Ultimate Solicitations for April, 2006

Re: Ultimate Solicitations for April, 2006.

nigma said:
is the USM cover the first one that DOESN'T have spidy on it.

Well, if that is a question. Yes! yes their are more than one. It's just been a while.

7,12,14,18,21,25,33,35,37,55,60,62, & 76

To answer you're question eatinsloppyjoes: whats with the big square out of zombies?
It's probably where the barcode goes. They probably scanned the cover, and blot ot the barcode.

Last edited:

I might have to pick USM back up :wink:

UltiATES 2 COVER IS sweet!

why do you not like the UE cover it? if the cover reflects wat goes on inside im buying it!!!! jkjk but ya looks like vision has not left yet thats good i kinda liked the character. My theory about the zombie thing is the zombie FF will try and get the other zombie heroes to the ultimate world and something will happen dunno wat yet tho lol

Ultimate Extinction: Really like that cover.

Ultimate Fantastic Four: Meh.

Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk: Looks good.

Ultimates 2: Can't wait.

Spade said:
My theory about the zombie thing is the zombie FF will try and get the other zombie heroes to the ultimate world and something will happen dunno wat yet tho lol
Doesn't seem to be in their nature, any of the zombies that is. They'd want the food all to themselves so I don't think they'll be in a hurry to get bring them over. I'm still wondering if the disease will be active on this world. I don't see how it can be with them playing such an active role.

ProjectX2 said:
Ultimate Extinction: Galactus still hasn't shown up? Plain cover. Oh, and look E: 4 (of 5). :D

I like how it's my fault that the cover of Extinction #1 says 1 of 6.

UltimateE said:
I like how it's my fault that the cover of Extinction #1 says 1 of 6.

But... it is your fault.

One of the greatest covers EVER!!!

Ultimates 2 #11 has the coolest cover yet!!!!! :D
The traitor will be revealed. Is it really black widow? or is it someone else lurking in the shadows waiting for the right time to strike??????:twisted:

The Deadpool costume really looks sick... I don't mean that in a good way. Bagley couldn't come up with something more original? I mean, I was hoping for him to ditch the mask and give him a cool trenchcoat or something but... I mean, Jesus. I don't even know what that's supposed to be!

Ultimate Extinction Cover looks cool, but the covers haven't been really consistant in terms of style. I wish they would be.

Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk is nothing special, but I'm looking forward to the issue itself... I'm hoping it's better than the first one! I'm not saying it was bad, it was great, but I'm just hoping things will get better.

What's to say about the Fantastic Four? Well, I just hope we're going somewhere... Millar's run is slowly coming to an end.

Ultimate X-Men will be interesting, although I'm not sure what exactly Kirkman is trying to do. He's leading into the Phoenix, I'm sure, but he doesn't have much of a direction otherwise. Perhaps I should read the rest of his run to be sure, but he may be shaping up to have a Millar on FF run, where it all makes sense at the end, but not immediately. I'm not a fan of that, but we'll see. Magician joins the cast? I'm not sure about that, either... The cover is terrible and I hope the artist is better than that.

Ultimates is definitely what I would expect... They're becoming the Ultimate Avengers now, why wouldn't Captain America, Ironman, and Thor emerge as heroes? Seriously, don't go wetting your pants about this cover, guys.

Goodwill said:
The Deadpool costume really looks sick... I don't mean that in a good way. Bagley couldn't come up with something more original? I mean, I was hoping for him to ditch the mask and give him a cool trenchcoat or something but... I mean, Jesus. I don't even know what that's supposed to be!
The costumes looks good. How is it unoriginal? It's not the exact same he wears like the one in 616. And no mask and trenchcoat? Not a style for this type of character, maybe. He's probably still going to have a deformed face. And if he does, well, wouldn't you wear a mask?

Goodwill said:
Ultimate X-Men will be interesting, although I'm not sure what exactly Kirkman is trying to do. He's leading into the Phoenix, I'm sure, but he doesn't have much of a direction otherwise. Perhaps I should read the rest of his run to be sure, but he may be shaping up to have a Millar on FF run, where it all makes sense at the end, but not immediately. I'm not a fan of that, but we'll see. Magician joins the cast? I'm not sure about that, either... The cover is terrible and I hope the artist is better than that.
Direction? We've only had one issue. We won't really much of a connection in solicitations.

Goodwill said:
Yeah... No. A trenchcoat would be cooler and more original? Nope. This is a slight recognition of Deadpool with some minor changes the costume looks good enough. A trenchcoat would be so lame.

Ultimate Extinction Cover looks cool, but the covers haven't been really consistant in terms of style. I wish they would be.
With the exception of #1, the other two suck. And this one is worse because they're trying to sell sex.

Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk is nothing special, but I'm looking forward to the issue itself... I'm hoping it's better than the first one! I'm not saying it was bad, it was great, but I'm just hoping things will get better.
I had quips with the first one but it was still very good. The cover has Wolverine's claws popping out of Hulk...cmon. That's just cool.

What's to say about the Fantastic Four? Well, I just hope we're going somewhere... Millar's run is slowly coming to an end.
Slowly is right.

Ultimates is definitely what I would expect... They're becoming the Ultimate Avengers now, why wouldn't Captain America, Ironman, and Thor emerge as heroes? Seriously, don't go wetting your pants about this cover, guys.
The cover really is nothing special but just knowing that Millar has been consistent with the storytelling is enough to be pysched about.

So I think we can say that U2 #10 is going to be the recovery, #11 is going to be the response (based off of what the solit says), and #12 will be the resolution.

Goodwill said:

Yeah, I'm goin with Ice on this one. Deadpool isnt the person you'd see not wearing a mask. Trenchcoat: ah...maybe.

Goodwill said:
Magician joins the cast?

I knew it! (kinda:D )

moonmaster said:
So I think we can say that U2 #10 is going to be the recovery, #11 is going to be the response (based off of what the solit says), and #12 will be the resolution.

Didn't Hitch say that bad things would be happening from here on out? To everyone? Nothing good?

UE-The solicitation makes it seem as though the story didn't progress much in issues 2 & 3. I find it interesting that Captain America is fighting Silver Surfer, since I didn't picture Silver Surfer as a hand-to-hand fighter.

USM-I don't regularly read USM, but I've always loved deadpool, so I put this arc on my pull. I liked the costume, except for the cuffs. It's like they came off a black, puffy shirt. I'm glad Bagley didn't try show his creativity by reinventing his look. Red and black are his signature colors.

UXM-I like the cover, but I have my doubts it's going to represent what is going on in the series. Although from how they portrayed Jean and Scott's relationship in the first issue of date night, they might start drifting apart. Although I would love to see Jean get seduced by Wolverine again.

U2-Of all the Ultimates 2 covers, I think this is my favorite. Bryan Hitch, I wish I could quit you!

I need to see a really cool wallpaper made out of this cover. If for no other reason than to give me hope that it will come out eventually. Please, can a more computer graphically inabled member do something cool with this one. Possibly something with lightning, although I'm sure there are cooler looks than this.

TheManWithoutFear said:
With the exception of #1, the other two suck. And this one is worse because they're trying to sell sex.
What the hell do you think the purpose of that chair is? Or more importantly, what does your mind want it to be?

Last edited:
moonmaster said:

I would agree with that.

I don't know if anyone read the solicit for Marvel Zombies #5 (it really should be included in the Ultimate solicitations methinks...I know technically its not an Ultimate title, but it is a part of their multi-verse or whatever, and Exiles is after all listed with Marvel's 616 titles). Anyway, with the solicit for #5, it looks as though this will lead into Millar's "Frightful" arc in UFF. I'm thinking the Zombie FF escape and somehow open the dimensional portal to the Zombie-verse. Not terribly original, but I can live with it. Anyway, with the Zombie-verse already directly connected to the Ultimate universe, I think it should be considered an Ultimate title and listed with the Ultimate solicits. Course, I should have said that months ago when the solicits for MZ started, but oh well.

Latest posts

Back