Ultimate Solicitations for August, 2006

i'm actually loving all the covers, special props to USM and the UFF covers. Spidergirl(?) is freakin hotttttt. but the symbol she's wearing looks venom-y.

a fan said:
Why are they soliciting ultimates annual #2 before they solicit ultimates 2 #13? Where is the cover for Ultimates 2 #13 for the ending they just wouldn't give away the ending like that would they?

Because their waiting to pull off the biggest Ultimate Shocker of all.... postponing Ultimates 2 Annual #2 til after Ultimates 2 #13... Come on you know their going to do it. Their just waiting for us to get all excided over this and then their going to rip the rug right out from under us.

jtg3885 said:
We all know how it's going to end. Good triumphs, evil gets it's *** kicked, Hank looks like a dick.

We all know this yet each issue is a surprise... Where's the logic in that? Not bashing you, JTG, just everyone else.

Goodwill said:
We all know this yet each issue is a surprise... Where's the logic in that? Not bashing you, JTG, just everyone else.
Yeah. Considering most of the UU titles continue on with nothing happening (although they may be holding off on writing post-U2 stuff until arcs scheduled to release after U2 #13), it's pretty obvious that nothing horrible happens to any of the X-Men, Fantastic Four, or Spider-Man. After all, especially with Millar outbound, Marvel'd be stupid to allow him to affect the properties that other writers are staying on to write.

Ice said:
And you also have to remember, conitinuity wise, Ultimates are ahead of the other books.
Aye. But Marvel has to keep their writers outside of Millar happy. Which, business-wise, is better? Making one outgoing writer happy by letting him kill off characters, or keeping four ongoing writers happy by keeping their cast of characters?

Spade said:
haha, lets just hope bendis comes in and "cleans things up" like he tends to do. The thing that is relly pissing me off is no UHvsW WAT THE HELL!!!! no news on it since the april issue (which comes out finally 2morro)
Again...

Just like I said to GW, there is no Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk tomorrow. It's been delayed to June 14th.

E said:
SHHH!!!! Maybe if we don't talk about it they'll forget about it.

No that would be a good thing, so it will come and if history has showed us anything. It will either be really good or it will suck so much that Marvel's shares will plummet.

UIM could be good, but the likeliness of that happening is slim.

I certainly is a good month to be an Ultimate Universe fan. Clone Saga looks interesting. I definitely feel stupid for reading Deadpool. I'm not sure if I want to risk being suckered in again.

Ultimate Annual- I'm looking forward to see how Huston writes Cap. He's new, so he's probably not going to make wave, but he could still do some good character development.
Ultimate FF4 Annual #2- The return of mole man is sure to be a let down, but I'll pick it up for the sake of continuity.
Ultimate FF4 #33- It's got the words god and war in the title. What else do you need from an arc, story? I'd pick it up even if I weren't already reading FF4. It probably the return of the Inhumans. I'm not sure how they got involved in a "cosmic conflict," but knowing Black Bolt he probably offended someone by not introducing himself.
Ultimate Spiderman #98 and #99- Like I said, I'm approaching with caution.
Ultimate Spiderman Annual #2- I hate to agree with a fictional character but "Ultimate Kangaroo?" Kitty was right, Spidey has the most retarded villians...But it does feature two rarely seen characters.
Ultimate X-Men #73- Is it just me, or is Kirkman purposefully trying to make "the Shiar" seem like the church of Scientology? As for the story, I'm sure by tomorrow we'll realize what a crazy person this magician really is.
Ultimate X-Men Annual #2- This legitimately seems worth reading. If for no other reason than to learn more about Mystique the cat, even if it is only two pages.

I think we need to set up an online petition to convince marvel to post a retraction saying Ultimate Iron Man never happened. That would make feel better as comic book read. Or they could M-day it.

I could actually see Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine being cancelled mid-run and picked up by another writter. Does Lindelof have any other commitments other than Lost?
Rhyo said:
How can Ultimates Annual come out BEFORE Ultimates V2 wraps up? Didn't Huston say in the interview that we'd be seeing where some of the characters ended up after the last issue?
You've forgotten about the months of delays. It's a difficult concept to grasp, but Ultimates time can only be explain by Einstein's theory of special relativity. The overall concept is that time slows down in a gravitational field like the one projected by Bryan Hitch's ego.

Last edited:
Well let's see. Right now, Ultimates Annual 2 is scheduled for 8/23. So, what will probably happen is that it will get delayed only so Ultimates 2 #13 can come before it....

....assuming Ultimates 2 #13 doesn't get delayed until the year we're all in some old folks home, 1,000 years down the line. :wink:

Ultimate X-Men annual looks to be great

Rock on Kurt!

As for the UXM, it seems odd; Magician is fighting alongside the team on the previous cover, but now they are trying to kill him. It's confusing. He would be an interesting character, but I don't like how Kirkman is handling him, whihc is pretty sad, since Kirkman created him.

USM and USM Annual-Spider-Girl looks hot, and it will be nice to see Punisher and Daredevil back. Kangaroo is pointless

Ultimates Annual-Looks good, can't wait, thoguh I agree that Zola needs a heck of an ultimatization, I'm guessing almost a complete redesign.

UFF-looks interesting, but I don't really care too much. Sorry:(

Latest posts

Back