Ultimate Solicitations for January, 2007

E

Excelsior Club
Official solicitations from Marvel for all Ultimate-related books on sale for January 2007, including creative team info, plot summaries, and pricing/UPC info for Ultimate Fantastic Four #38, Ultimate Power #1 Director's Cut, Ultimate Spider-Man #104, Ultimate Vision #2, Ultimate X-Men #78, Ultimate Marvel Flip Magazine #21, Ultimate Tales Flip magazine #21, Ultimate Annuals Vol. 2 TPB, & Ultimate X-Men Vol. 15: Magical TPB.

Release dates & Covers will be added when possible and are subject to change. Please stay tuned to Ultimate Central for more information.

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #38
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils and Cover by PASQUAL FERRY
"GOD WAR"

It's battleground Earth as the God War between Halcyon and Acheron comes crashing down on New York! The Fantastic Four stand as our last, best hope against Ronan the Accuser, who has passed the irrevocable sentence of death to the Earth. Not to be missed! Part 6 (of 6)
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

ULTIMATE POWER #1 DIRECTOR'S CUT
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Cover by GREG LAND

Go behind the scenes on the crossover of the decade! This bonus edition reprints ULTIMATE POWER #1, plus extras!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #104
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by MARK BAGLEY
CLONE SAGA

A double-sized spectacular brings to a close the incredible "Clone Saga." Everything has led to this moment, as a battered and beaten Spider-Man faces off against the ascendant master of many arms: Doctor Octopus, in the greatest battle of the web spinner's young career. The life of Peter Parker and those he loves will never be the same—a true turning point for the Ultimate wall-crawler! Part 8 (of 8)
48 PGS./Rated A ...$3.99

ULTIMATE VISION #2 (of 5)
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils and Cover by BRANDON PETERSON

The Gah Lak Tus module, an object of immense cosmic power, is now in the murderous hands of George Tarleton—leader of the sinister organization A.I.M. And with the otherworldly Vision down, nothing stands in the way of total conquest of Earth by this alien force.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

ULTIMATE X-MEN #78
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Pencils & Cover by BEN OLIVER

The man from the future: Ultimate Cable, makes his final stand against those from the present who oppose him...and death will follow. It's the end of the road for one of the X-Men. And you'll be shocked and saddened by who it will be... Part 4 (of 4)
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

ULTIMATE MARVEL FLIP MAGAZINE #21
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #21
ULTIMATE X- MEN #21
ULTIMATE MARVEL TEAM-UP #5 (PART 3)
72 PGS./Rated T+ ...$4.99

ULTIMATE TALES FLIP MAGAZINE #21
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #40-41
ULTIMATE MARVEL TEAM-UP #6 (PART 1)
72 PGS./Rated A ...$4.99

ULTIMATE ANNUALS VOL. 2 TPB
Written by CHARLIE HUSTON, MIKE CAREY, BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & ROBERT KIRKMAN
Penciled by MIKE DEODATO, RYAN SOOK, STUART IMMONEN, FRAZER IRVING, MARK BROOKS, SALVADOR LARROCA & LEINIL FRANCIS YU
Cover by MIKE DEODATO

The Ultimate Annuals return with life-altering events! In ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL #2, something strange has happened at Nursery Two, the Baxter Building's Think Tank counterpart in Oregon. It's disappeared, seemingly swallowed up by the earth itself! And if you think that heralds the return of the macabre Mole Man, go to the head of the class! In ULTIMATE X-MEN ANNUAL #2, Dazzler – Alison Blaire, former X-Man – has awakened from her coma only to discover her life is in deadly peril! And even her former fellow X-Men may be powerless to save her as a betrayal within the ranks has left them shell-shocked. In ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #2, Punisher and Daredevil return! While Foggy Nelson offers Spidey some legal advice, Police Captain Jean DeWolfe gives him some other advice – on how to take down the Ultimate Kangaroo! Will Peter Parker be able to navigate his way through this all-action moral maze, or will Punisher just shoot him instead? And in THE ULTIMATES ANNUAL #2, as the Ultimates clear the wreckage from the recent attack on the United States, a monstrous evil from the past rises from the ashes to launch an attack when America is at her weakest. And with the ranks of the Ultimates severely depleted, all that stands in the path of the long-thought-dead bio-fanatic Arnim Zola is the indomitable Sentinel of Liberty, Captain America, and Sam Wilson, the high-flying Falcon! Collecting THE ULTIMATES ANNUAL #2, ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL #2, ULTIMATE X-MEN ANNUAL #2 and ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #2.
160 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$13.99
ISBN: 0-7851-2371-7
ULTIMATE ANNUALS VOL. 1 TPB STILL AVAILABLE!
$13.99 (ISBN: 0-7851-2035-1)

ULTIMATE X-MEN VOL. 15: MAGICAL TPB
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Penciled by TOM RANEY & SALVADOR LARROCA
Cover by TOM RANEY

He's a media darling, a vital part of the X-Men dynamic and the newest member of the team. His name: the Magician! Watch him live up to his name in ways you could never conceive. There is more -- much, much more about this new mutant than any suspect. Meanwhile, a tormented Jean Grey is having great difficulty dealing with the results of the Shi'ar testing. Elsewhere...Dazzler stirs. Collecting ULTIMATE X-MEN #72-74 and ANNUAL #2.
112 PGS./Rated T+ ...$11.99
ISBN: 0-7851-2020-3

I didn't see any of those silly flip books solicited - did they stop making them?

I didn't see any of those silly flip books solicited - did they stop making them?

ULTIMATE MARVEL FLIP MAGAZINE #21
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #21
ULTIMATE X- MEN #21
ULTIMATE MARVEL TEAM-UP #5 (PART 3)
72 PGS./Rated T+ ...$4.99

ULTIMATE TALES FLIP MAGAZINE #21
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #40-41
ULTIMATE MARVEL TEAM-UP #6 (PART 1)
72 PGS./Rated A ...$4.99
Nope.

Last edited:
So Ultimate X-Men V15 is a whopping 4 issues for $12. Baxter is not happy.

I'm sure they'd argue that it's 5 issues, which the larger Annual.

Compare to Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 4 - a total gyp at $12.99 and consisting of issues 19, 20, & Annual #1.

everything looks good

good to see Doc Ock, and I am glad to see Carey hasn't forgottem about AIM from the X4 mini.

Ult. Power director's cut is pointless.

edit: I was just thinking, but the Clone Saga tpb is going to be huge, with 8 issues, two of which are double sized.

Last edited:
Wow they justy gave away that Doc Ock is the major villian of the clone saga. Way to go Marvel

Wow they justy gave away that Doc Ock is the major villian of the clone saga. Way to go Marvel

It's not like they don't do that once in a while, and I mean on purpose. Even in the solits. About once ever however many years, they have a little spoiler within the solicitation.

It's not like they don't do that once in a while, and I mean on purpose. Even in the solits. About once ever however many years, they have a little spoiler within the solicitation.

Still it seems like something they would keep secert a little while

Covers

UFF038_cov_col.jpg

ULTSM104_col.jpg

ULTX078_cov_col.jpg

All the covers are pretty cool. No Ultimates 3? That kinda sucks. . .

Anyways:

UFF - So. . .is Ronan or Thanos the big bad? They keep mentioning Ronan, but Thanos is in the backround of the cover. Either way, I'm looking foward to it.

USM - If Doc Ock is behind the Clone Saga. . .I dunno. Part of me will be very happy (I love how his arms are all mangled) because he's back and he's one of my favorite Spidey villains, but part of me will be very confused. Still, the Clone Saga continues to prove to be the redeeming USM arc, so I'm happy.

UXM - WOAH. If Scott dies. . .WOAH. If it's him, I can almost gaurantee he'll be back with Sinister and Apocalypse. Killing of Cyclops is a huge deal, and I'd be very suprised if it wasn't set up for the big A.

Ultiamte Vision - AIM, huh? Well, it could be intresting. Still, with AIM, I'm seriosuly wondering where HYDRA is. I'm hoping one of the reveals in Ultimates 2 13 is that Hydra funded and sponsered the Liberators, but who knows.

Last edited:
All the covers are pretty cool. No Ultimates 3? That kinda sucks. . .

I'd almost bet that Vol. 3 #1 doesn't even get solicited until after Vol. 2 #13 is on the stands.

And those new Doc Ock arms are suh-weet. So glad they got rid of the green jumpsuit.

I don't know. As I said, it's just a feeling I have. I can be completely wrong though.

We'll have to wait and see. It's very possible you're right, but there's so much we don't know about the Clone Saga that it's still way too early to tell.

Last edited:
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #38 - Pretty sweet. Can't wait to see where this ends.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #104 - The arms look very cool as it seems they're built from scraps. It does sort've look like Richard which hopefully means he's not really alive and this was all to mess with Peter's head.

ULTIMATE VISION #2 - Whose George Tarleton? Too soon to bring back Gah Lak Tus and to have a mere mortal controlling him? Way to cheapen the trilogy already. And Vision's still a chick.

ULTIMATE X-MEN #78 - Like OMG!! Someone dies!! and Cyclops is on the cover so that means it's him!! :roll: Here's to Jean so we can finally see the true meaning of Phoenix. Or hopefully just kill off Wolverine. But if it ain't Xavier... it's gotta be an accident.

Overall it could be a good or bad month for Ultimate Titles.

Latest posts

Back