Ultimate Solicitations for July 2005

TheManWithoutFear said:
I posted this already but does anyone think that Magneto can "use" her somehow?

That was my initial thought when I saw the word "accidently" crop up in that solicitation. Maybe, since there's magnetism on both ends of each character, Magneto can manipulate even Polaris. That would be an interesting twist to both of their powers and something that would be held as one of the most interesting ideas in the UU, in my opinion. Let's just hope that Vaughan knows what he's doing with this one. ;)

DIrishB said:
They haven't even signed up an artist for this mini yet?

That I don't know. I was just offering it as a possibility why it wasn't solicited.

No Secret #4 - that's so puzzling. I have to think McNiven is done with the series; I don't think he'd be working on Secret and NA at the same time. Must be a timing thing.

Well, I'd imagine there was an Extinction because that was part of the news when this "Ultimate Starts" deal cropped up, right? I'd imagine MwoF could've missed it because it may be that big of a deal that they'd skip over giving it out at this point. I don't know, just keep your fingers crossed.

Goodwill said:
Well, I'd imagine there was an Extinction because that was part of the news when this "Ultimate Starts" deal cropped up, right? I'd imagine MwoF could've missed it because it may be that big of a deal that they'd skip over giving it out at this point. I don't know, just keep your fingers crossed.

Nope I just copy and pasted I got everything.

Goodwill said:
I never seen them do that before, and I don't see why they would start now.

Covers added... :rockon:

I second that. The covers for this month all look terrific. It's good to know that Bagley's doing something other than something with JUST Spider-Man and the Ultimate Iron Man cover looks out of sight. However, I do think the X-Men cover takes the cake... That cover says it all, guys!

TheManWithoutFear said:
I like the UXM cover concept... not the art. It looks, I don't know, just kinda cartoony.

Take a look at "The Defenders #1" if you want "kinda cartoony" -- I know it's supposed to be, but this is just not my thing.

http://www.herorealm.com/solicits/july_marvel_THefgh5ths93nf9/DFNDRS001B_col.jpg

DEFENDERS #1 (of 5)
Written by KEITH GIFFEN and J.M. DeMATTEIS
Pencils & Cover by KEVIN MAGUIRE
Wong possessed by Nightmare! Dormammu and Umar in unholy alliance! The Hulk and the Sub-Mariner at each other's throats! The Silver Surfer...uh...surfing. Can Doctor Strange reunite the Defenders and save "Reality As We Know It?" Come to think of it, can editor Andy Schmidt save the Marvel Universe from Eisner-award-winning creators Keith Giffen, J.M. DeMatteis and Kevin Maguire? Only the Ancient One knows for sure!
32 PGS./T+ Suggested for Teens and Up …$2.99

I like the cartoony style... Sure, there's a lot of emotion missed without the grit that Kubert had, however, it is consistantly good art-wise when you have more cartoons than that grit. That's definitely better than having the crap that some artists deliver when they aren't given enough time to draw their detail in.

Bass said:
Heee - I gotta get me this.

Pah, we need a caption contest.

Dr. Strange: "Peace, baby!"
Namor: "That's my foot you're standing on. And it's freezing in here."
Silver Surfer: "I think I saw a puddy tat!"
Hulk: "When I return to my dwelling, I must ring up my agent and firmly request he find me work more suited to my considerable talents."

Rhyo said:
Take a look at "The Defenders #1" if you want "kinda cartoony" -- I know it's supposed to be, but this is just not my thing.

http://www.herorealm.com/solicits/july_marvel_THefgh5ths93nf9/DFNDRS001B_col.jpg

DEFENDERS #1 (of 5)
Written by KEITH GIFFEN and J.M. DeMATTEIS
Pencils & Cover by KEVIN MAGUIRE
Wong possessed by Nightmare! Dormammu and Umar in unholy alliance! The Hulk and the Sub-Mariner at each other's throats! The Silver Surfer...uh...surfing. Can Doctor Strange reunite the Defenders and save "Reality As We Know It?" Come to think of it, can editor Andy Schmidt save the Marvel Universe from Eisner-award-winning creators Keith Giffen, J.M. DeMatteis and Kevin Maguire? Only the Ancient One knows for sure!
32 PGS./T+ Suggested for Teens and Up …$2.99

There's a big difference between and Ultimate Cover and one that is supposed to be a flashback to the way things once were.

It's odd that Nightmare and Wong are popping up so soon after USM's appearance of the two characters. While this seems like it'll definitely better (If only because it'll be more thorough) I would probably pick the USM story just because I've read that title for so long. Now, with more magic and stuff being introduced into the USM-verse, it'll be hard to juggle between what is "ultimate" and what is a cheap way of having characters find powers. Moon Knight oughta have a new origin with that new costume of his.

Latest posts

Back