Ultimate Solicitations for March, 2007

Goodwill

Official solicitations from Marvel for all Ultimate-related books on sale for October 2006, including creative team info, plot summaries, and pricing/UPC info for Ultimate Fantastic Four #40, Ultimate Power #4, Ultimate Spider-Man #106 & #107, Ultimate Vision #4, Ultimate X-Men #80, Ultimate Spider-Man HC Vol. 8, Ultimate Spider-Man Clone Saga Premiere HC, Ultimate Spider-Man Ultimate Collection Vol. 1, Ultimate Marvel Flip Magazine #23, & Ultimate Tales Flip Magazine #23.

Release Dates & Covers will be added when available and are subject to change.

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #40
Written by MIKE CAREY
Penciled by MARK BROOKS
Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
"DEVILS" PART 2 (OF 3)
The F.F. must follow the diabolical Diablo into the past to save the lives of their loved ones. But the master alchemist has big plans for the time-traveling quartet—plans that don't include them returning to the present alive! Meanwhile—the fate of the future hangs precariously on the choices the team makes!
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

ULTIMATE POWER #4 (of 9)
Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI
Pencils and Cover by GREG LAND
As the Fantastic Four's leader Reed Richards languishes in the other-dimensional home world of the Squadron Supreme, Nick Fury's not taking it lying down! He and the Ultimates plan to bring him back…by any means necessary. What could happen next?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #106 & #107
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Penciled by MARK BAGLEY
Covers by MARK BAGLEY & RICHARD ISANOVE
"ULTIMATE KNIGHTS" PART 1&2 (OF 3)
If you thought Peter would get some time off after the soul-shattering changes that came at the end of "Clone Saga," think again! Things keep heating up, as Ultimate Daredevil attempts to enlist Spider-Man in a crusade to bring down the Kingpin—permanently. But with his Aunt's life hanging by a thread and his serious girl problems…not to mention the new student at Midtown High…crime-busting may be the last thing on young Mr. Parker's mind. So what happens when the rest of Daredevil's new super-team shows up? Learn who stands with Peter—and who stands against him!
32 PGS. (each)/Rated A …$2.99 (each)

ULTIMATE VISION #4 (of 5)
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils and Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
The Gah Lak Tus module has landed on Earth! And nothing in man's arsenal can even give it pause! The other-worldly Vision is our last hope, but she was designed for communication purposes, not lethal combat. Can she adapt in time, or has our poor planet run out of luck? Don't miss it!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

ULTIMATE X-MEN #80
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Pencils and Cover BY YANICK PAQUETTE
"AFTERMATH"
The young X-Men are leaderless. And in the wake of their tragedy, Scott Summers reaches a momentous decision: Disband the X-Men! Yes, you read it right. Is this the end of Xavier's dream? And if so, what does this mean for the evil mutants who may rush in to fill the power vacuum? It all begins to unravel…
PART 2 {of 2)
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 8 HC
Pencils & Cover by MARK BAGLEY
This deluxe hardcover collects ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 15: SILVER SABLE and ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 16: DEADPOOL, plus extras. In SILVER SABLE, the head of Roxxon Oil sics the world's greatest mercenary, Silver Sable, on Spider-Man to learn why the web-spinner has targeted Roxxon on his nightly patrols. How violently Ms. Sable wants to handle the situation is strictly up to her. Spinning out of the Ultimate Spider-Man video game (written and designed by our longstanding team of Bendis and Bagley), Ultimate Silver Sable might be the most dangerous foe Spidey has ever faced! Plus: the mystery of Ultimate Omega Red! And in DEADPOOL, Spider-Man teams up with his new girlfriend – the X-Men's Kitty Pryde, who gets a new super-hero identity for when she's not hanging with her mutant mates! Plus: Meet the dangerous Ultimate Deadpool – and the Ultimate Reavers! It's mutant action guest-starring the Ultimate X-Men, with Spidey caught in the middle! Also featuring Ultimate Morbius! Collecting ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #86-96 and ANNUAL #1-2.
344 PGS./Rated A …$29.99
ISBN: 0-7851-2072-6
These ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN HARDCOVERS STILL AVAILABLE!
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 1…$29.99 (ISBN: 0-7851-0898-X)
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 2…$29.99 (ISBN: 0-7851-1061-5)
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 3…$29.99 (ISBN: 0-7851-1156-5)
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 4…$29.99 (ISBN: 0-7851-1249-9)
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 5…$29.99 (ISBN: 0-7851-1401-7)
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 6…$29.99 (ISBN: 0-7851-1841-1)
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 7…$29.99 (ISBN: 0-7851-2148-X)

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN: CLONE SAGA PREMIERE HC
THE FIRST-EVER ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN PREMIERE HC! As Peter Parker tries to sort out his relationship with the X-Men's Kitty Pryde — and continue his friendship with Mary Jane — a mall-food-court lunch turns into a free-for-all as Peter and MJ are interrupted by the debut of…the Ultimate Scorpion! But who is the Scorpion — and what sinister conspiracy is threatening Spider-Man's very existence? The clues have been laid over the past 96 issues…and it all starts to come together here, as we begin the most shocking, most mind-blowing Spider-Man story ever published! Collecting ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #97-105 and MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS/MARK BAGLEY, plus extras.
288 PGS./Rated A …$29.99
ISBN: 0-7851-2677-5
Trim size: standard

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ULTIMATE COLLECTION VOL. 1 TPB
Written by BRAIN MICHAEL BENDIS
Collecting the groundbreaking first year of Ultimate Spider-Man in one colossal trade paperback! High school, puberty, first dances – there are many pitfalls to being young. Compound these with intense personal tragedy and super human powers, and you can start to visualize the world of Peter Parker, a.k.a. Spider-Man. Following the murder of his uncle and the Green Goblin's assault on his high school, Peter finds himself on the brink of manhood: getting a job at the Daily Bugle to help support his widowed aunt and taking on extracurricular activities – such as bringing down the Kingpin, the head of organized crime in New York City! Collecting ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1-13.
352 PGS./Rated A …$24.99
ISBN: 0-7851-2492-6

ULTIMATE MARVEL FLIP MAGAZINE #23
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #23
ULTIMATE X-MEN #23
64 PGS./All Ages …$4.99

ULTIMATE TALES FLIP MAGAZINE #23
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #44-45
64 PGS./All Ages …$4.99

USM... Ultimate Warriors? Hmm... There are a couple of interesting things here, but not things that I'm particularly jumping for joy about. I just wish that there was something that was more relevant to the Clone Saga immediately following it. I think it's going to end up like the Gwen Stacy death.

UXM - Woah... Is Kirkman brave enough to kill XAVIER? The solicitation strongly suggests so...

UFF - What the hell's with the horrible covers for this title?

Re: Comic Solicitations for March, 2007.

ULTIMATE X-MEN #80
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Pencils and Cover BY YANICK PAQUETTE
"AFTERMATH"
The young X-Men are leaderless. And in the wake of their tragedy, Scott Summers reaches a momentous decision: Disband the X-Men! Yes, you read it right. Is this the end of Xavier's dream? And if so, what does this mean for the evil mutants who may rush in to fill the power vacuum? It all begins to unravel…
PART 2 {of 2)
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Yeah... Xavier is gonna die.

Re: Ultimate Solicitations For March

Here's the exact link here: ComicsContinuum.com

(Hint, Hint Goody).

Here's the rundown:

Comics Continuum said:
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #40

Written by Mike Carey, pencils by Mark Brooks, cover by Salvador Larroca.

"Devils," part 2 of 3. The F.F. must follow the diabolical Diablo into the past to save the lives of their loved ones. But the master alchemist has big plans for the time-traveling quartet -- plans that don't include them returning to the present alive! Meanwhile -- the fate of the future hangs precariously on the choices the team makes!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on March 28.

ULTIMATE POWER #4

Written by J. Michael Straczynski, pencils and cover by Greg Land.

As the Fantastic Four's leader Reed Richards languishes in the other-dimensional home world of the Squadron Supreme, Nick Fury's not taking it lying down! He and the Ultimates plan to bring him backŠby any means necessary. What could happen next?

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on March 14.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #106-107

Written by Brian Michael Bendis, pencils by Mark Bagley, cover by Bagley and Richard Isanove.

"Ultimate Knights," part 1 and 2 of 3. If you thought Peter would get some time off after the soul-shattering changes that came at the end of "Clone Saga," think again! Things keep heating up, as Ultimate Daredevil attempts to enlist Spider-Man in a crusade to bring down the Kingpin -- permanently. But with his Aunt's life hanging by a thread and his serious girl problems...not to mention the new student at Midtown High...crime-busting may be the last thing on young Mr. Parker's mind. So what happens when the rest of Daredevil's new super-team shows up? Learn who stands with Peter -- and who stands against him!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on March 7 and March 28.

ULTIMATE X-MEN #80

Written by Robert Kirkman, pencils and cover by Yanick Paquette.

"Aftermath," part 2 of 2. The young X-Men are leaderless. And in the wake of their tragedy, Scott Summers reaches a momentous decision: Disband the X-Men! Yes, you read it right. Is this the end of Xavier's dream? And if so, what does this mean for the evil mutants who may rush in to fill the power vacuum? It all begins to unravel...

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on March 7.

ULTIMATE VISION #4

Written by Mike Carey, pencils and cover by Brandon Peterson.

The Gah Lak Tus module has landed on Earth! And nothing in man's arsenal can even give it pause! The other-worldly Vision is our last hope, but she was designed for communication purposes, not lethal combat. Can she adapt in time, or has our poor planet run out of luck?

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on March 28.

I think these might have already been mentioned on Newsarama, and probably are linked already on the site.

Anyway:

They're here - www.comicscontinuum.com

USM... Ultimate Warriors? Hmm... There are a couple of interesting things here, but not things that I'm particularly jumping for joy about. I just wish that there was something that was more relevant to the Clone Saga immediately following it. I think it's going to end up like the Gwen Stacy death.

Ultimate Knights, not Ultimate Warriors...they'd have to wear a lot of bright neon face paint and similarly colored tassels tied around their arms to be Ultimate Warriors.

UXM - Woah... Is Kirkman brave enough to kill XAVIER? The solicitation strongly suggests so...

It does seem so. Probably not for good though. How many times did 616 Xavier die and come back to life?

UFF - What the hell's with the horrible covers for this title?

I kind of agree, but it isn't too big a deal for me. I've been a bit disappointed in this title since Millar left (though still hoping Carey will grow into the book and get better with a little time...hopefully right after God War, that is).

As for Ultimate Vision, ehhh. I'll pick it up, but I'm more interested in USM, UXM, and Ultimate Power #4 (it finally looks like we'll get into the meat of the story with Straczynski's run on the mini...I hope). He'll at least be somewhat at home writing the majority of the middle three issues in the Squadron reality...though according to the mini so far its already extremely changed.

Last edited:

I can't believe they still haven't solicitated issue #13 of Ultimates. If Hitch finished it, shouldn't it at least be in this month's solicitations. I guess if they're planning on getting it out before then they'll solicit it seperately.

UFF: Meah.
UP: Got to be better than issue #2.
USM: Don't plan to read it. I do like that this will probably stir up all those Ultimate Knights thread, though. Those thing drove everyone crazy.
UV: It's be more dramatic if we didn't know she does destroy the module. Reasonably though, the module should return to the flock.
UXM: So, this implies that Xavier dies for at least two issues, which implies Cable succeeds. I don't know how I feel about that.

UXM: So, this implies that Xavier dies for at least two issues, which implies Cable succeeds. I don't know how I feel about that.

Another kind of interesting plot point is that Wolverine at least knows there's a possibility its a future him (a very likely possibility given the claws). On the cover its implied he leaves the team for a time, yet again (its an every 10-15 issue thing, now). Of course, its entirely possible that Cable is in fact the future result of the clone experiment that Sabretooth set in motion by obtaining a sample of Wolverine's DNA. That'd be my guess. It'd also explain the lack of adamantium, and possibly the lack of the mutant regenerative powers he has. And it might explain why he leaves the team, either over misplaced guilt on his part or other team members...besides the solicit saying Scott is disbanding the team makes that all obvious anyway.

I can't believe they still haven't solicitated issue #13 of Ultimates. If Hitch finished it, shouldn't it at least be in this month's solicitations. I guess if they're planning on getting it out before then they'll solicit it seperately.

Issue #13 was solicited for December. Currently it's been pushed back to January.

I'm. . .actually pretty excited about this month.

UFF - While I'm not a big fan of time travel OR Diablo, the fact that it sounds like Carey may be playing up "The Butterfly Effect" angle sounds pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to this arc now.

UP - Finally, Stranzcinski comes on the title and it begins to sound more interesting. Maybe this won't be a wasted crossover after all. . .I know, I'm naive.

USM - With the Clone Saga being very. . .hit-or-miss, I'm leary, but Bendis does his best when doing street crime stories and this sounds like the end of the Kingpin overarc (Like the Clone Saga was/is supposed to be for the Genetic overarc. . .). I'm a little surprised that DD would try and recruit Peter after all the hostility towards him, but I suppose it's better to work with him and keep an eye on him rather then have him get in the way. We know Moon Knight's on the team and presumably Shang Chi and Iron Fist will show up. Punisher? Black Cat? Looking forward to this. . .but it does seem a bit short. Only three issues?

UXM - Kirkman wins. The fact that he has the balls to kill Xavier really boosts my opinion of him, and I'm looking forward to the aftermath of his death.

UV - First issue was interesting, and it seems like it could be a nice book end for the Galactus Trilogy. I'll keep reading.

...is Bendis making Daredevil a killer?
Things keep heating up, as Ultimate Daredevil attempts to enlist Spider-Man in a crusade to bring down the Kingpin -- permanently.

Ultimate X-men is by far the best Ultimate Title right now.

Last edited:
has anyone noticed that we've been getting alot of "aftermath" titles? Ok, so two isn't alot, but there are only four main titles, so...

USM: after the clone saga, aftermath.
UXM: after cable, aftermath.
Ultimates: i'm guessing that #13 will pretty much be an aftermath issue as well.
UFF: and if there is a pattern, then there might be an aftermath issue after the current of next arc.

so, I'm guessing that we'll be hearing about some "big events" in the Ultimate Universe, either by the summer of 07 or early 08.

I'm looking forward to all of these.
Double USM months are great, especially when the issues are the first two parts of a three-part story arc.

I can't see why anyone would be unhappy about Bendis doing Ultimate Knights. Bendis is at his best writing these stories, and that's something to be excited about.

I can't see why anyone would be unhappy about Bendis doing Ultimate Knights. Bendis is at his best writing these stories, and that's something to be excited about.

Well it is good that he's getting back to the areas he's good at, but I still would like a change (only to a good writer). I'll see how it goes

USM #106/7: okay if this arc doesn't redeem bendis i don't know what can, im excited for this

UXM #80: xavier bites it? wow to bad i read this i wanted to be surprised, i wonder how long it will last

UFF #40: not looking forward to this arc at all, but i'll buy it anyway for collection's sake

UV #4: #1 was surprisingly good so i'm looking forward to this, is it just me or does that gahlaktus module look like tarantulus from beast wars?

UP #4: collections sake, and i'd like to see how JMS will handle this

pretty decent ultimate month, looks like things might start to turn around for ultimate marvel, this year was a bit of a train wreck

huh. still no ultimates 3. sooooooooooo it's on track, then. april, anyone? place your bets.

Latest posts

Back