Ultimate Solicitations for March, 2007

That's what I'm worried about. Who's the new student? Which childhood memory is about to become the next lame Bendis Ultimatization? Or are they talking about Jessica Drew?

Jessica Drew would make sense. Her and Gwen are the only "clones" I want to actually survive the end of the Clone Saga.

It could also be Kitty Pryde.

Of course, Bendis could always send Gwen back to school. But she wouldn't be a new student would she?
She'd be new-ish.
Jessica Drew would make sense. Her and Gwen are the only "clones" I want to actually survive the end of the Clone Saga.

It could also be Kitty Pryde.
I think it'll be none of the above. A podcast revealed Jessica Jones was supposed to appear soon.

That's what I'm worried about. Who's the new student? Which childhood memory is about to become the next lame Bendis Ultimatization? Or are they talking about Jessica Drew?

Since Tandy Bower goes to midtown and their talking Ultimate Marvel Knights, maybe its Tyrone Johnson. Maybe they'll be like the Defenders of this world. No powers but cause a lot of trouble for Peter.

Putting Jessica Drew in school with Peter - she, looking exactly like Peter - would be as stupid as turning MJ into DemoGoblin.

The solicit says Ultimate Knights will only be three issues! Awesome. I hate "decompressed" stories--some of my favorite pacing is in the "Public Scrutiny" story arc. It's only four issues and everything fits neatly into a streamlined arc. I also liked the two different stories in volume 8 (Cats & Kings--it had a story focusing on the Bugle and Black Cat, each involving the return of the Kingpin) though the Black Cat part could've been an issue shorter, in my opinion.

It seems like every story tries to be an "event" story--there aren't any stories for the sake of having fun or being entertaining or fleshing out characters. It seems like everything's happening too fast, yet still takes twice as many issues.

Of course, the numbers might be wrong and it's a larger arc. I hope not.

Okay so when is Bendis off Spidey again? #110 was it? They're not just gonna team him up with Immonen, right?

Ultimate Spider-Man #106

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #106
The Story: If you thought Peter would get some time off after the soul-shattering changes that came at the end of "Clone Saga," think again! Things keep heating up, as Ultimate Daredevil attempts to enlist Spider-Man in a crusade to bring down the Kingpin—permanently. But with his Aunt's life hanging by a thread and his serious girl problems…not to mention the new student at Midtown High…crime-busting may be the last thing on young Mr. Parker's mind. So what happens when the rest of Daredevil's new super-team shows up? Learn who stands with Peter—and who stands against him!
32 PGS. (each)/Rated A …$2.99

According to marvel.com, there will be a new student in midtown high, is there any chance that the new student is Jessica?Can Bendis dare doing that to us?

Last edited:
Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #106

The new student is probably going to be Kitty Pride or Jessica Jones. Remeber that Kitty was leaving the X-men and moving closer to Queens? Hmmm...I wonder what that means.

And Bendis also said he wanted to put Jessica in Peter's school, so that wouldn't really surprise me either.

The new student is probably going to be Kitty Pride or Jessica Jones. Remeber that Kitty was leaving the X-men and moving closer to Queens? Hmmm...I wonder what that means.

It was in a different Ultimate book, so it never happened.

And Bendis also said he wanted to put Jessica in Peter's school, so that wouldn't really surprise me either.

Jessica Jones is Veronica Mars?

I think it's Jessica. Kitty will show up once more, and Peter will tell her about the kiss with MJ, both of them will cry, Mj will kiss Peter again and Kitty will go back to the X-men.

Wade, is there a specific reason why you hate Ultimate MJ so much, or is it just that she gets under your skin?

"I got thrown off a bridge!"

"I got kidnapped by Kaine!"

"I have irrational and circumstantial love for Peter"

She just drives me insane!! I love 616 MJ. I always have. Bendis defiled the character in a way that has pissed me off since issue one. Her constant whining and stereotypical "love interest" personality just drive me insane. I liked the Kitty/Peter relationship, simply because it added a new dynamic to the book (even if I wasn't crazy about the character) and the fact that Bendis is throwing MJ at us, just because her namesake in 616 (whom I maintain IS NOT the same character as her Ultimization...they just have the same names) is important. Colossus can be gay but Peter has to stay with THE SAME LOVE INTEREST for almost 100 issues?

Latest posts

Back