Ultimate Solicitations for May, 2006

E

Excelsior Club
Official solicitations from Marvel for all Ultimate-related books on sale for April 2006, including creative team info, plot summaries, and pricing/UPC info for ULTIMATE EXTINCTION #5, ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #30, ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #94 & #95, ULTIMATE X-MEN #70, ULTIMATE TALES FLIP MAGAZINE #12, ULTIMATE MARVEL FLIP MAGAZINE #12, ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 15: SILVER SABLE, & ULTIMATE X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR TPB.

Release dates and covers subject to change - stay tuned to Ultimate Central for the latest news and updates.

ULTEXT05.jpg

ULTIMATE EXTINCTION #5
Written by Warren Ellis, pencils and cover by Brandon Peterson.

It's the showdown the entire Earth has been waiting for: Gah Lak Tus has arrived at the planet's doorstep! Millions of civilizations have fallen before its insatiable hunger. Against impossible odds, can Earth break that curse? The cast of the entire Ultimate line plans to see that it does! But do the combined might of the Ultimates, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, and Nick Fury stand a chance against a swarm 100,000 planet-eaters?
32 pages, $2.99, in stores on May 31.

ULTFF030.jpg

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #30
Written by Mark Millar, pencils and cover by Greg Land.

"Frightful," part 1 of 3. The awesome return of Dr. Doom! The zombiefied F.F. escape from their Baxter Building prison! The deadly debut of the Frightful Four! Johnny Storm finds out he has only 28 days to live! And that's all just for starters...
32 pages, $2.99, in stores on May 24.

ULTSM094.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #94
Written by Brian Michael Bendis, pencils and cover by Mark Bagley.

"Deadpool," part 4 of 4. How can Spidey take down a man who has kidnapped the X-Men? All we can tell you is‹it's not the ending you expect! Plus, major developments in the Peter/Kitty relationship‹is it all just fun and games between the two...or is there something more going on?
32 pages, $2.99, in stores on May 3.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #95

"Morbius," part 1 of 5. The countdown to issue 100 begins here! Introducing the midnight monster you've been clamoring for -- Ultimate Morbius! You won't believe the bite he takes out of the Ultimate Universe. And Bugle reporter Ben Urich... a vampire? You better believe it. It's the vampire bit -- but as you've never seen it before!

UXM070.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN #70
Written by Robert Kirkman, pencils and cover by Ben Oliver.

"Phoenix?" Part 2 of 3. Magician's trial by fire into the world of the X-Men is kicked up a notch when he and Cyclops find themselves face to face with a thousand pounds of immovability called The Blob‹and his bouncing buddy the terrible Toad! Will the fledgling X-Man have what it takes? Meanwhile, the quest to learn what is really happening with Jean Grey takes a totally unexpected turn.
32 pages, $2.99, in stores on May 17.

ULTIMATE TALES FLIP MAGAZINE #12
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #222 & 23
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Covers by MARK BAGLEY
ULTIMATE MARVEL TEAM-UP #1 (Part 2)
Penciled by MATT WAGNE
72 PGS./Rated A ...$4.99, in stores on May 3.

ULTIMATE MARVEL FLIP MAGAZINE #12
ULTIMATE X-MEN #12
Pencils by ADAM KUBERT & TOM DERENICK
Cover by ADAM KUBERT
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #12
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Pencils & Cover by STUART IMMONEN
ULTIMATE MARVEL TEAM-UP #1 (Part 1)
Penciled by MATT WAGNE
72 PGS./Rated A ...$4.99, in stores on May 3.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 15: SILVER SABLE TPB
Pencils & Cover by MARK BAGLEY

The head of Roxxon Oil sics the world's greatest mercenary, Silver Sable, on Spider-Man to learn why the web-spinner has targeted Roxxon on his nightly patrols. How violently Ms. Sable wants to handle the situation is strictly up to her. Spinning out of the ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN video game (written and designed by our longstanding team of Bendis and Bagley), Ultimate Silver Sable might be the most dangerous foe Spidey has ever faced! Plus: the mystery of Ultimate Omega Red! Collects ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #86-90 and ANNUAL #1.
168 PGS./Rated A ...$15.99, in stores on May 10.

ULTIMATE X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR TPB
Written by MIKE CAREY
Penciled by PASQUAL FERRY
Cover by PASQUAL FERRY

Cerebro has been stolen and the trail points directly at the government's premier think tank, the Baxter Building! The X-Men aren't happy about it ¡ª and the Baxter Building's most famous residents, the Fantastic Four, aren't happy about an angry team of mutants showing up on their doorstep! It's FF versus X-Men in an all-star blowout as ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR's Mike Cary is joined by superstar artist Pasqual Ferry for this tour de force of Ultimate action! Plus: in-depth bios on the Ultimate X-Men, the Ultimate Fantastic Four, the Ultimates and Ultimate Spider-Man! Collects ULTIMATE X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR, ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR/X-MEN and the OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE ULTIMATE MARVEL UNIVERSE 2005 #1-2.
136 PGS./Rated T+ ...$12.99, in stores on May 3.

Extinction - This series, so far, has been damn good and I hope this continiues the trend. The cover is also the best cover of the month. By far.

Spider-Man - The cover for 94 is.. .well, who are those people? The Reavers? I don't like their look at all. BUT MORBIUS IS COMMING! And what's this about Ben Urich being a Vampire!? Don't tell me he's Ultimate Morbius!

UFF - The cover is awesome and I'm glad they went back to the classic look of Doom. Ultimate Doom's personality in classic Doom's look. Very cool. I also like that zombie FF are a major part of this.

UXM - Sounds very. . .I dunno, bland? It almost seems that Kirkman's run is just filler / unnessecary setup for Singer. The cover is blah too. Either get to Singer, or scrap him and bring back Vaughan! (And I usually love Kirkman too. . .)

Iceshadow said:
Wasn't Doom supposed to have goat legs?
We've gone over this before. Yes, he's suppose to but they aren't featured here.

I'm looking forward to everything, except Ultimate X-Men. I just don't think Kirkman is going to be able to pull this off.

My favorite cover would probably be Extinction #5. I hope they don't save the earth with some out of nowhere hail mary play.

UFF should be interesting. It seems as though Doom is controlling the Frightful Four or at least preventing them from destroying the world. It will be interesting to find out how he does this.

This looks like its going to be a great month. And as i said before many moons ago... the morbious arc will eng with peter getting more arms. That is my theory i thought up when we were all reading "hollywood" As for UFF what can i say this book kicks mayjor *** and stuff, i cant wait to see how this is all tied together. What I think is that doom was contacting zombie world and setting things up before reed even got that fake distress call. Ult extincton looks like it will be great i agree with everyone who is saying that this book is great so far im just praying that they dont pull an UIM on us. and i keep having this horrible thought that geldoff is USS but im gonna ignore it till we find out more about him UXM never read but looks fun. But yea im pissed vison isnt there but i gues it makes sence to start with her after ult extintion. Im also pissed bout no UIM2 yet but i think thats only in jus so ill let it slide.

Yes! ULTIMATE MORBIUS :D:D:D

BLOB AND TOAD RETURN :D:D:D:D:D

The only thing im disappointed in is that the Frightful Four are the zombie FF. I wanted Wizard, Hydro Man and the rest :(

Ultimate Extinction #5 - What's to say. I imagine this issue will drop all the crime drama feel that Misty Knight's been giving us and we'll go into high gear. *crosses fingers for random hero appearances (Spider-Man, hopefully Daredevil)

Ultimate Fantastic Four #30 - Love the Ultimate Frightful Four. Lynx had it right the mixture of Doom's 616 look and Ultimate Personality is gonna knock it out of the park.

Ultimate Spider-Man #94 - A little disappointed Deadpool's ending so soon. The reavers look sort've generic. This all depends on how he pulls Deadpool off and the progression of Kitty and Peter.

Ultimate Spider-Man #95 - I hope this isn't dealing with multiple arms. Just no need for it. Morbius sounds cool, sure. Ben Urich as a vampire? I dunno about that. I'm sure there's more to it then just him becoming a vampire. Probably just ends up with a rare virus...

Where's Blade... :twisted:

Ultimate X-Men #70 - I'm all for lost members of the Brotherhood taking potshots at the X-Men for fillers. The cover looks awesome with Cyclops man handling both of them. The solicitation isn't telling us half of what's actually going on though.

UXM - Glad to see Kirkman hasn't forgotten those characters that we haven't seen in about two years... Toad and Blob returning put a big smile on my face when I saw the cover. I'm not sure about the art quite yet, but I'm getting interested in the return of the debunct Brotherhood.

USM - This arc looks real cool, especially after this cover. I really like the look of the Ultimate Reavers... I'm glad Ponsor is sticking around for this arc, too. I can't help but feel that Deadpool should've been the arc following Return of the King in UXM, though... The cover looks like it is better suited for UXM. The characters look like they are better suited for UXM.

Morbius, too? Good stuff.

UFF - Not impressed... I think these 12 issues should have been better organized and Doom should've kicked the arc off, backed off, and then returned in the end for a huge showdown. Now, it's going to seem real forced with Doom coming in and playing puppet master.

UE - Stupid cover, but it's really getting my siked for the conclusion!

ULTIMATE EXTINCTION #5

It's the showdown the entire Earth has been waiting for: Gah Lak Tus has arrived at the planet's doorstep! Millions of civilizations have fallen before its insatiable hunger. Against impossible odds, can Earth break that curse? The cast of the entire Ultimate line plans to see that it does! But do the combined might of the Ultimates, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, and Nick Fury stand a chance against a swarm 100,000 planet-eaters?

See that bold part is what I'm worried about. So far the entire Gah Lak Tus series (Nightmare, Secret and Extinction) has been damn good. But I'm hoping for an actual being and not a vast army of resource consumers. Here's to hoping....

"Frightful," part 1 of 3. The awesome return of Dr. Doom! The zombiefied F.F. escape from their Baxter Building prison! The deadly debut of the Frightful Four! Johnny Storm finds out he has only 28 days to live! And that's all just for starters...

Doom. Nuff said. :rockon:

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #94

"Deadpool," part 4 of 4. How can Spidey take down a man who has kidnapped the X-Men? All we can tell you is‹it's not the ending you expect! Plus, major developments in the Peter/Kitty relationship‹is it all just fun and games between the two...or is there something more going on?

Only 4 issues of Deadpool? WTF? Only 4 issues of Deadpool and Iron Fist and Shang Chi get 6? At least there'll be some progression with the Kitty/Peter relationship other than "Being a superhero suck." "Oh I know...doesn't it?" "Yeah...I totally don't have time to go to the mall or play XBox."

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #95

"Morbius," part 1 of 5. The countdown to issue 100 begins here! Introducing the midnight monster you've been clamoring for -- Ultimate Morbius! You won't believe the bite he takes out of the Ultimate Universe. And Bugle reporter Ben Urich... a vampire? You better believe it. It's the vampire bit -- but as you've never seen it before!

Morbius? Ok.....I know who he is and what he does......but that doesn't mean he deserves an ultimization. I was never a fan. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

ULTIMATE X-MEN #70

"Phoenix?" Part 2 of 3. Magician's trial by fire into the world of the X-Men is kicked up a notch when he and Cyclops find themselves face to face with a thousand pounds of immovability called The Blob‹and his bouncing buddy the terrible Toad! Will the fledgling X-Man have what it takes? Meanwhile, the quest to learn what is really happening with Jean Grey takes a totally unexpected turn.

The jury is still out...

ULTIMATE EXTINCTION #5

FINALLY. I hope for full blown out carnage.

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on May 24.

This is going to rock on so many levels. I want to see Millar's Doom.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #94

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on May 3.

Deadpool.
Spider-Man.
The X-men.
Some mutant thing...

This is going to rock.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #95

I thought this was pushed back to after 100. Oh well. I've been waiting for this. So YAY!.

ULTIMATE X-MEN #70

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on May 17.

the cover is horrible. But it's good to see Blob and Toad back.

Last edited:
USM - I don't really know much about the Reavers, must be another forgettable 90's team, but I hope Bendis pulls Deadpool very well. Excited about Ultimate Morbius too.

UXM - Yey! Blob and Toad are back! Blob had his time to shine back in Millar's run, but it was only when he was masquerading as a chick on the web (I like how Millar decided to make Blob smart), and it's about time Toad received some more screen time. It's good that Kirkman's bringing back popular X-villains that were only touched upon by Millar though, I no longer have complaints about him not introducing newer ones.

UE - Like the cover, but don't like the fact that Gah Lak Tus, original the concept may be, the design looks like the Matrix's Sentinels with wings. Still this seems to be the best out of the Ultimate Galactus trilogy, and I like Ellis' reintepretations so far. Ellis has promised us that Galactus will not be defeated by an Ultimate Ultimate Nullifier so I'm looking forward to how they're going to beat the planet eaters.

UFF - Still hoping the zombie FF and the Frightful Four are different. I hope Millar explains the disappearance of Doom's goat legs. I know they probably changed it back to human legs becaue of fan disapproval.

Covers added as well as the flip book titles and TPBs.

ULTIMATE X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR TPB
Written by MIKE CAREY
Penciled by PASQUAL FERRY
Cover by PASQUAL FERRY
Cerebro has been stolen and the trail points directly at the government's premier think tank, the Baxter Building! The X-Men aren't happy about it ¡ª and the Baxter Building's most famous residents, the Fantastic Four, aren't happy about an angry team of mutants showing up on their doorstep! It's FF versus X-Men in an all-star blowout as ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR's Mike Cary is joined by superstar artist Pasqual Ferry for this tour de force of Ultimate action! Plus: in-depth bios on the Ultimate X-Men, the Ultimate Fantastic Four, the Ultimates and Ultimate Spider-Man! Collects ULTIMATE X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR, ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR/X-MEN and the OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE ULTIMATE MARVEL UNIVERSE 2005 #1-2.

Ok, so. . .I bought the Handbooks and the very bland UX4 in singles since I figured they wouldn't release them in trade format (I recently switched to Hardcovers / TPBs for all Ultimate books save UFF, Ultimates and Extinction).

This goes to show that anything with the name "Ultimate" gets traded. Good to know, I suppose.

Lynx said:
Ok, so. . .I bought the Handbooks and the very bland UX4 in singles since I figured they wouldn't release them in trade format (I recently switched to Hardcovers / TPBs for all Ultimate books save UFF, Ultimates and Extinction).

This goes to show that anything with the name "Ultimate" gets traded. Good to know, I suppose.

Same here. Won't make that mistake again.

Latest posts

Back