Ultimate Solicitations for October, 2005

Ultxon said:
I rally don't know what marvel is thinking. The X-men cover dosen't have an X-man on it.

Some poor kid is gonna walk into a shop and look at the cover and get so confused because Wolverine isn't on it.

Don't worry, a sticker will be put on it to show that Wolverine is inside the book.

Don't worry, a sticker will be put on it to show that Wolverine is inside the book.

I put Spider-Man stikcers on my books so Spidey-completists will buy them from me.

I'm officially going to Hell.

Covers and release dates added. :D

so if UXM takes place after Ults 2, we can assume that Cap, Scarlett Witch, Black Widow and Iron man are not the traitors. It also can't be Hawkeye as we saw in Ults 7.

Who's left....Wasp?

No, that UXM arc probably happens after Gods and Monsters, and before Grand Theft America.

No love for that UFF cover? I think it looks awesome.

Quick observation about the UFF cover: we know Ben can breath in space, and apparently he can breath underwater too (he doesn't seem to be wearing a helmet). Also, I guess this means that his body can stand up to the extreme pressure at the bottom of the ocean. I really wish Ellis had taken a panel or two to explain why Ben can breath in those conditions.

Also, I'm assuming Johnny's powers don't work underwater, and they're are only 3 people on that cover, so I wonder what he'll be doing in this arc.

It's a good month in terms of covers... The UXM cover is a bit odd, but certainly cool. The UFF covers is likely to get my vote, but I'll reserve that since I really do like the cover to Secret!

Man can someone let me know where the hardcovers are???? I wanna read Ultimate X-men, Ultimate Fantastic Four, and The Ultimates so much but I only collect them in hardcover form. So I know The Ultimate hardcover 2 is a long way away but what I really wanna know is when will I see Ultimate X-men hardcover #5 which starts Brian K. Vaughan's run. Really how much longer before it is collected!? Does anybody know can anyone really help me out here? Thanks.....

Good questions lil Kis, here you go...looks like Ultimate X-men Vol. 5 hasn't been announced yet thou.

Ultimate X-Men Volume 12: Hard Lessons TPB (Ultimate X-Men)
(Paperback - November 30, 2005)

Ultimate Fantastic Four Volume 4: Inhuman TPB
(Paperback - November 9, 2005)

Ultimates 2 Volume 2 TPB
(Paperback - February 22, 2006)

Ultimate Iron Man Volume 2 TPB
(Paperback - February 15, 2006)

Ultimate Galactus Volume 3: Extinction TPB
(Paperback - August 30, 2006)

Ultimate Spider-Man Volume 15 TPB
(Paperback - April 19, 2006)

Ultimate X-Men Volume 13: Escape Of Magneto TPB
(Paperback - March 1, 2006)

It seems that marvel hasn't announced their HCs.

I'll tell you what I do Lil Kis. I hate waiting, I really do. I'm so impatient but I love the HC format. What I do is buy the singles so I get the story the day its available. When the Hc comes out, I'll just put my singles on ebay or something and use that money to buy the Hc. I rec tales of Wonder for their Hcs. Only $20.99 each.

I started reading the Ultimate Universe through the TPBs a few years ago. I bought the first two Ultimates trades (Ultimates #1-6, #7-13), Ultimate Spider-Man vols 1-11 (up through the Carnage arc), Ultimate X-Men vols 1-9 (through the Tempest arc), and finally started collecting individual issue with USM #66 and on, UXM #50 and on, Ultimates 2 #1 and on, and UFF #1 and on. I prefer collecting the individual issues now, as I get the story as soon as its available (my main reason for collecting the single issues is to update the timeline as soon as possible). Personally, thats what I prefer, but I understand the reasoning behind collecting the trades/hardcovers.

Anyway, I think the Ultimate X-Men HC Vol 4 just came out not too long ago if I'm not mistaken. From Ultxon's list:

Ultimate X-Men Volume 12: Hard Lessons TPB (Ultimate X-Men)
(Paperback - November 30, 2005)

Ultimate Fantastic Four Volume 4: Inhuman TPB
(Paperback - November 9, 2005)

Ultimates 2 Volume 2 TPB
(Paperback - February 22, 2006)

Ultimate Iron Man Volume 2 TPB
(Paperback - February 15, 2006)

Ultimate Galactus Volume 3: Extinction TPB
(Paperback - August 30, 2006)

Ultimate Spider-Man Volume 15 TPB
(Paperback - April 19, 2006)

Ultimate X-Men Volume 13: Escape Of Magneto TPB
(Paperback - March 1, 2006)

So Ultimates 2 Vol. 2 is coming out Feb 22, 2006, so I guess thats a good sign that the rest of Ultimates 2 will finish by then. Also, whats up with the Ult. Iron Man Vol 2 coming out on Feb. 15, 2006? Does this mean they're breaking up the first volume (Ultimate Iron Man #1-5) into two separate trades (which is unlikely) or should they already have Ultimate Iron Man 2 out to collect it in trade form (even more unlikely). Apparently this is a mistake or it will be delayed for a large amount of time beyond Feb, 2006.

How can it finish by than? The only way is the Ultimates to finish by Decem ber/January, which I dont think will happen, but we'll see.

More than likely those dates will be pushed back. These were just the amazon listings and marvel contacts them pretty irregularly.

While were on the subject of TPB release dates, does anyone have a guess of when the first Ultimate Iron Man mini will get collected? (I'm thinking November or so, but I'm not sure). I have way too many comics to get this summer, but I really wanted to read UIM at some point and probably get the second mini (whenenver that comes out) in single issues, when my pull list is freed up a little.

uff is by far the best since its so cooly mysterious. but uxm seems to be having a lot of covers from that angle. see issue 59 :sure:

Latest posts

Back