Ultimate Solicitations for October, 2006.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Official solicitations from Marvel for all Ultimate-related books on sale for October 2006, including creative team info, plot summaries, and pricing/UPC info for Ultimate Fantastic Four #35, Ultimate Power #1, Ultimate Spider-Man #101, Ultimate X-Men #75, Ultimate Marvel Flip Magazine #18, Ultimate Tales Flip Magazine #18, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 7 HC, Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 6 TPB, Ultimate X-Men Vol. 14 TPB, & Ultimate X-Men #75 Poster.

Release Dates & Covers are subject to change and will be added as soon as possible. Stay tuned to Ultimate Central for updates.

ULTFF035.jpg

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #35
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils & Cover by PASQUAL FERRY
"GOD WAR"

Stranded on the alien world called Acheron, the F.F. face certain death at the hands of the literally explosive being called Gallowglass! But even he pales besides the true enemy on this bleak planet, the greatest threat the multiverse has ever known: Thanos the Destroyer!
Part 3 (of 6)
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

ULTPOW001.jpg

ULTIMATE POWER #1 (OF 9)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by GREG LAND

The Fantastic Four's leader, Reed Richards, has accidentally punched a hole into an adjacent universe in a desperate bid to gain the knowledge he needs to cure his friend Ben Grimm—The Thing. But something has come through the aperture from a realm known as the Supremeverse: The Squadron Supreme! They are angry and here to arrest young Reed for high crimes against their world. You must not miss the crossover of the decade!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

ULTSM101.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #101
Pencils and Cover by MARK BAGLEY
"THE CLONE SAGA"

The Clone Saga continues! Carnage is back! The Ultimate Fantastic Four guest star. The most important chapter in Peter Parker's life is beginning, and nothing you've seen before can you prepare you for what will occur. Part 5
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

UXM075.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN #75
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN & SEAN MCKEEVER
Pencils by BEN OLIVER
Cover by MICHAEL TURNER
"CABLE" Part 1 (of 4)

If one man is capable of disrupting the carefully controlled world of Charles Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters, it's this one: Ultimate Cable! He comes from a tragic future to wreak havoc on mutantkind today. And his sinister secrets will shock the X-Men to their very core. It's a huge event in Ultimate X-Men history. Get in on the ground floor. You've been warned. Plus: delve into the secret life of the X-Men's rivals, Emma Frost's Academy of Tomorrow, in a special bonus story!
48 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

ULTIMATE MARVEL FLIP MAGAZINE #18
*ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #18
*ULTIMATE X- MEN #18
*ULTIMATE MARVEL TEAM-UP #4 (PART 2)
72 PGS./Rated T+ ...$4.99

ULTIMATE TALES FLIP MAGAZINE #18
*ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #34-35
*ULTIMATE MARVEL TEAM-UP #4 (PART 3)
72 PGS./Rated A ...$4.99

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 7 HC
Pencils and Cover by MARK BAGLEY

This deluxe hardcover collects ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 13: HOBGOBLIN and ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 14: WARRIORS, plus extras. In HOBGOBLIN, it's the terrifying debut of the Ultimate Hobgoblin as Harry Osborn returns to Midtown High harboring a dark secret that will affect the lives of all those around him – especially his best friend, Peter Parker. And where does Harry's father – Norman Osborn, a.k.a. the Green Goblin – fit into all this? And in WARRIORS, the Gang War to end all Gang Wars begins! The Kingpin is in retreat, and that kind of a power vacuum won't last long. It's about to be filled by a figure of unabashed dread in the underworld: Hammerhead! Plus: the Ultimate debuts of several Marvel characters, including Moon Knight! And Spidey thinks he's had trouble before... but nothing has ever made him declare, "Peter Parker no more!" Collects ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #72-85.
344 PGS./Rated A ...$29.99
ISBN: 0-7851-2148-X
Trim size: oversized

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 6: FRIGHTFUL TPB
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils and Cover by GREG LAND

A guilt-ridden Reed Richards attempts to undo his greatest failure by using time travel to fix the snag that caused the teleportation accident that resulted in Ben Grimm becoming the Thing. If it works, Ben will be Ben and the Thing will never have existed. And neither will the FF. Be careful what you wish for! Plus: the awesome return of Dr. Doom! The zombiefied FF escape from their Baxter Building prison! The deadly debut of the Frightful Four! Johnny Storm finds out he has only 28 days to live! And that's all just for starters! Collects ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #27-32.
144 PGS./Rated A ...$14.99
ISBN: 0-7851-2017-3

ULTIMATE X-MEN VOL. 14: PHOENIX? TPB
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Penciled by TOM RANEY & BEN OLIVER
Cover by TOM RANEY

After the events of MAGNETIC NORTH and their recent encounter with the master of magnetism, our heroes kick back for a night on the town with their significant others. Meanwhile, Wolverine must face a dreaded foe from the past who comes back to haunt him with unbearable secrets that have been buried for years. Plus: The mysterious mutant called Magician is plunged into the world of the X-Men, adjusting quickly and making new friends fast. But there is something deeply sinister about the newcomer. Something only young Kitty Pryde notices. Let's hope she hasn't noticed too late. Meanwhile, is Jean Grey really the cosmic entity called Phoenix? And if so...what can be done about it...? Join new ULTIMATE X-MEN writer Robert Kirkman, ULTIMATE SECRET's Tom Raney and Vigilante's Ben Oliver as they take the Ultimate Universe's favorite mutants to dazzling new heights! Collects ULTIMATE X-MEN #66-71.
144 PGS./Rated A ...$14.99
ISBN: 0-7851-2019-X

ULTIMATE X-MEN #75 POSTER
Art by Michael Turner

24X36 Color Poster ...$6.99
FINAL ORDER CUT-OFF 9/14, (ON-SALE 10/4/06)

Last edited:
Ultimate FF - THANOS! I'm really looking foward to seeing Carey's take on Ultimate Thanos.

Ultimate Power - Eh, it sounds less intresting than I thought. Still, Cap versus Nighthawk, Hyperion versus Thor and Doc Spectrum versus Iron Man should be all good match ups.

Ultimate Spider-Man - Carnage!? AGAIN!? And so soon!? I guess I'm not suprised, but. . .ugh! I was expecting to see Venom again before Carnage. . .And what's up with the Fantastic Four? Is Reed helping Peter deal with the clones? Or does Reed have anything to do with the clones? . . .or is Peter just visiting Johnny.

Ultimate X-men - At first, I was really bummed that Cable was from the future, but the idea has grown on me. I'm looking foward to this now!

And no Ultimates. . .again, I'm not suprised. I guess Ultimates 3 really won't be starting until at least January. They should have just made it bimonthly. It would have been the same amount of time, and the wait for these last issues wouldn't have been so exruciating.

Last edited:
There's a positive outlook for there the lateness with Ultimates 2. Ultimates 3 gets more and more time to complete issues before its run even starts.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 7 HC - Maybe. I just can't get excited over it...
ULTIMATE X-MEN VOL. 14: PHOENIX? TPB - Deffinate.

Baxter said:
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 7 HC - Maybe. I just can't get excited over it...
ULTIMATE X-MEN VOL. 14: PHOENIX? TPB - Deffinate.

Hobgoblin had the potential to be good, but it really fizzled at the end. Warriors was fun, though.

Ice said:
There's a positive outlook for there the lateness with Ultimates 2. Ultimates 3 gets more and more time to complete issues before its run even starts.

By the time Ultimates 2 #13 comes out, Loeb and McGuiness will have already started Ultimates 4. . .

Lynx said:
By the time Ultimates 2 #13 comes out, Loeb and McGuiness will have already started Ultimates 4. . .
Good. As much as I like McGuiness he needs as much time as possible to get it out.

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 6: FRIGHTFUL TPB
ULTIMATE X-MEN VOL. 14: PHOENIX? TPB
ULTIMATE X-MEN #75 POSTER

TRADEWAIT
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #35 (Thanos...I interested)
ULTIMATE POWER #1 (OF 9) (I can't to excited for this. I want to.)
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #101 (CARNAGE? Sweet heavens)
ULTIMATE X-MEN #75 (I hope Kirkman does good)

ultimateff35.jpg

ultimatepower1.jpg

ultimatespiderman101.jpg

ultx075_cov.jpg

ultimatexmen75.jpg

UFF, Not really liking the cover.
ththdoublepuke1.gif

UP, Love the cover
ththdrooling33st.gif

USM, CARNAGE IS BACK!
sm1_296.gif

UXM,
sm1_166.gif

Who wants to bet they had to sculpt a life-sized Iron Man helmet and take pictures of it so Greg Land could draw that cover?

Lame. Generally lame.

It looks like the Ultimate Clone Saga and Ultimate Scorpion are going to be perfected versions of the Carnage project. Who wants to be this is going to be a huge disappointment?

I'm really not psyched about Ultimate Power, but it's still a ways away, so maybe it will surprise me. I just don't know what exactly to look forward to for it.

I haven't picked up Ultimate X-Men in a while, but this arc looks like it could be juicy. First we have the Annual which features my two favorite X-Men and then this arc with Cable. I'm willing to bet good money that the Cable story will deal with the ambiguity of Xavier's intentions. And I'll be a little less money that it's going to directly deal with how Syndicate and the rest of Xaviier's black ops agenda impacts Cable's future. The X-Men are going to have to clean up the Professor's mess, and after that, they won't be able to look at him the same again. I really think this will be the kind of story that will change the status quo of the team.

Finally, UFF is the thing I'm most pumped about. I was never a huge Thanos fan, but I'm sure Carey will do him right. I think this run will really bring the FF into their own. Up until now it seems like they've just been slowly developing the team, but here's where we start to get full-on balls-to-the-wall cosmic shenanigans. And Thing's facing us in the picture. You can see the shape of his brow. He just has his face tipped to the right some.

Last edited:
Zombipanda said:
It looks like the Ultimate Clone Saga and Ultimate Scorpion are going to be perfected versions of the Carnage project. Who wants to be this is going to be a huge disappointment?

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it, actually.

E said:
I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it, actually.

The way I'm seeing the Clone Saga right now is the second half the Carnage arc. If Bendis does it right, it'll redeem the previous arc.

Which just means that I hope someone (Bendis or a future writer) will clean up the Hobgoblin arc (Like an arc featuring both Hobgoblin and Green Goblin, maybe showing Norman's plan for Harry) and maybe an X-men arc cleaning up the mess that was Deadpool.

Latest posts

Back