Ultimate solictations for November, 2006

gemini-mk said:
UP- i'm gonna buy this series and if it's good i might start picking up squadron supreme
You should get Supreme Power anyway. The 18 issues it ran were great. Squadron Supreme has been mediocre so far but I'm hoping it'll pick up.

Last edited:
vintsukka said:
You should get Supreme Power anyway. The 18 issues it ran were great. Squadron Supreme has been mediocre so far but I'm hoping it'll pick up.

As far as I'm concerned its one of the better books I read each month (though I read only Ultimate titles mostly anyway, so I guess I'm limited in that sense). I mean, how can you not consider Tom Thumb being inserted into Shape's *** as a back up plan pure genius?

;)

Still, I do enjoy the book.

Re: Ultimate Solictation for November

Foolsfolly said:
Ultimates 3...that I can't be too happy with. Loeb and Mad...with that cover of Panther punching Venom...it's like I woke up and Image was back on top of the world and it was the 90s. .

THANK YOU!

everything i've been trying to say about Ultimates 3 has now been said. seriously, **** 90s comics.

UFF #36 - Sounds good, but i don't like Carey's run on UFF previously and his run on X-Men (v2), they were unbearably boring and unsuccesful to my mind. Also i don't like PASQUAL FERRY's art at all. But Carey has intresting ideas and his story in UFF (19-20) was really Ultimate, because it was original!

UP #2 - I don't like Bendis and his work on USM & UXM, but his House of M & UFF was awesome! I think we have a chance, that this work will be good...

USM #102 - I don't like this comics at all, but new powers of MJ sounds good...

UXM #76 - I like Kirkman work on UXM, but art style of comics is bad, I miss Kubert adn Millar's character desing and action. Cable ark is intresting, but OLIVER's art is thrilling and i really afraid about this ark!

Last edited:
I feel like at any point in time, there's only two UU books I care about. It can be any combination of two books. It doesn't matter. But it's always just a couple.

Ultimate Fantastic Four is going to be one of them. Carey's awesome. I really dig his over-the-top theatrics, and while Millar's run was great, I'm looking forward to some serious balls-to-the-wall cosmic stories.

Ultimate Power is a lost cause (btw, how come no one's made a REAL ULTIMATE POWER! joke yet? Seriously....). Supreme Power was tight, but Squadron Supreme's been mediocre, and the wole premise of this reminds me of all the crossover club-fests in the past. I just really don't care. at all.

Ultimate Spider-Man might actually be good. I'm not sure, but I'm not banking on it. I'll trade wait, and maybe the Clone Saga will kick things into gear but, eh...

Ultimates 3 is going to be a suck-fest. I don't have faith in Loeb, and they really haven't presented anything that's going to make it stand out from other comics. So far, it seems like a run-of-the-mill Avengers titles. So what?

Ultimate X-Men I really am looking forward to... I haven't gotten into this whole Magician thing, but from what I've heard it looks like Kirkman just spent too much time building up to a really cool finale. Cable has promise.

Zombipanda said:
how come no one's made a REAL ULTIMATE POWER! joke yet? Seriously....)

Because we made them all when it was first announced. Duh.....did you really think this board would let that pass?

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
Because we made them all when it was first announced. Duh.....did you really think this board would let that pass?

Whew. I was worried for a minute.

ProjectX2 said:
"These Ultimate Vision back-ups will not be collected again!"

Looks like they have been.

That's the first thing I thought too. I only buy the trades so I had just resigned myself to missing out on that story. Now I wouldn't be surprised if it's stuck at the front of the eventual UV trade. Oh well, good for me! :)

the watcher said:
Official solicitations from Marvel for all Ultimate-related books on sale for October 2006, including creative team info, plot summaries, and pricing/UPC info for ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #36, ULTIMATE POWER #2, ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #102, ULTIMATE VISION #0, & ULTIMATE X-MEN #76.

Release dates & covers are subject to change and will be added as soon as possible. Stay tuned to Ultimate Central for updates.

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #36
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils & Cover by PASQUAL FERRY
"GOD WAR"

Stranded in another dimension, the F.F. find themselves hunted by the warriors from the dread world of Acheron...and its ruler, Thanos, won't rest until he possesses the one weapon which will give him dominion over the entire cosmos—the mind of young Reed Richards! It's an ultimate shocker! Part 4 (of 6)
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

ULTIMATE POWER #2 (of 9)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by GREG LAND

The Squadron Supreme has invaded the Ultimate Universe seeking revenge, and Earth strikes back with its biggest guns! It's the smackdown of the year as the Squadron Supreme go toe-to-toe with the Ultimates, Ultimate Fantastic Four, Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Spidey himself. And neither world will survive unscathed. You cannot miss it!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #102
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by MARK BAGLEY
"CLONE SAGA"

The revelations continue as we learn the secrets of Ben Reilly! Peter Parker tries his best to evade capture by Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D., plus—the transformation of Mary Jane Watson—into what?! And just for good measure—the scarlet sicko, Carnage, goes on the rampage! Part 5 (of 7)
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

ULTIMATE VISION #0
Written by MARK MILLAR
Penciled by JOHN ROMITA JR.
Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
"VISIONS"

Learn the origin of the space-faring robot known as the Vision—and get ready for next month's debut of her all-new limited series! Join Ultimates 2 and Civil War writer Mark Millar and The Eternals' John Romita Jr. in this special edition that collects all six backup stories from the pages of the Ultimate comics. Delve into the motivation and mission of this most fascinating new Ultimate character!
Note: Includes all new coloring for the first two chapters!

ULTIMATE X-MEN #76
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Pencils and Cover by BEN OLIVER
"CABLE"

It's a battle royale between the X-Men and this bizarre visitor from the future—Ultimate Cable, whose secrets will shake the house that Xavier built to its very core. But that's not all—there's also the sudden arrival of another time traveler—Ultimate Bishop, who's been on the trail of Cable for a reason that will blow you away! We kid you not. Part 2 (of 4).

what covers?

ProjectX2 said:
will be added as soon as possible
:wink:

ProjectX2 said:
Welcome.

Cover is cool, but it has also been posted before.

If you wish to discuss the cover, go find the Solicitations thread in the Ultimate News section.

so how am i going to talk about the covers if there are none to talk about?

Yep - I rarely get them posted in a timely manner.

UXM's cover is neat but the painting makes it look kind of weird

USM's cover is wicked it's nice to see usm cover not looking like interior ar anymore

UFF's cover is blech i hate when people but humanish eyes on robot's

UV's cover is meh

UP's cover is okay it's a pretty standard cover

Victor Von Doom said:
Ultimate Vision #0 - Meh......

I was meh about this before.......but now that I read there is gonna be an Ultimate Modok in this. I want to avoid this book like VD from a Vietnamese hooker.

Whoa wait a second.

Ultimate Modok? Like Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing...Modok?

Why? Why bring that thing into the Ultimate Universe? Ultimate Vision offically has nothing to offer me as a reader, and thusly I will not buy it.

No harm though as I wasn't planning on it in the first place, this just enforces my belief to avoid the mini.

E said:
Yeah. I have to play secretary and remind him every time about it. And then remind him about reminding him.

Now...has anyone seen a french maid outfit?

Foolsfolly said:
Whoa wait a second.

Ultimate Modok? Like Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing...Modok?

Why? Why bring that thing into the Ultimate Universe? Ultimate Vision offically has nothing to offer me as a reader, and thusly I will not buy it.

No harm though as I wasn't planning on it in the first place, this just enforces my belief to avoid the mini.
I don't know about this Modok character. Hmmm....onward to Wikipedia!

Anyway I will still get UV just because it is an Ultimate Marvel book. Its my obsession....

E said:

Slacker.

As if real life takes priority...psssshhhhhh.

Victor Von Doom said:
I was meh about this before.......but now that I read there is gonna be an Ultimate Modok in this. I want to avoid this book like VD from a Vietnamese hooker.

Ultimate MODOK? Thats scary...wonder how drastic an Ultimization it'll be.

Thor said:
I don't know about this Modok character. Hmmm....onward to Wikipedia!

He's basically a giant head with no body, only small arms and legs attached to it. He is a member of AIM/Hydra. Don't know much else about him except he's one of my favorite, odd-looking Heroclix characters (up there with Stilt-Man).

Anyway I will still get UV just because it is an Ultimate Marvel book. Its my obsession....

I'm in the same boat.

Latest posts

Back