Ultimate Spider-Man #69 discussion (spoilers)

E

Excelsior Club
Thought I'd start this now since it comes out today and I have a cover scan for anyone who hasn't seen it (it wasn't in the original solicitation)

Discuss!

Attachments

• 27503_ful.jpg
    27503_ful.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 173
Read the issue and loved it. I wonder if the relationship between these two will be on 'friendlier terms' in the ultimate universe. In the 616, they fought in rivalry a lot.

Did like how they worked together to save the people from the burining building. And Liz thinking she started the fire that got on Johnny, didn't expect that!

icemastertron said:
Read the issue and loved it. I wonder if the relationship between these two will be on 'friendlier terms' in the ultimate universe. In the 616, they fought in rivalry a lot.

And they were also friends. This was a very well done "ultimization" - the friendship/relationship between Spidey and Torch. This is the kind of stuff that seems to be neglected in the Ultimate books when putting an Ultimate spin on something that occured in 616. A lot of stories are concerned with Ultimatizing a character.

I find it interesting that this was touched on before even the relationship between Johnny and Ben was established. And while I enjoyed the Doom arc, we found out more about the "behind the scenes" stuff in UFF than we do in UFF!

I got this issue today, i thought the page with the Torch sucking up the fire and then blasting it into the sky was really well done and the whole Torch acting like he just met a celebrity when Spider-man swings into the playground. I wish torch would stay on as a regular so that he and Spider-man can do some crime fighting together, but it looks like we won't see Torch in Ultimate Spider-man for awhile.
Really good 8.5/10, overall Torch/Spider-man Arc 9/10

I highly doubt that friendship has been 'dismissed', it was such a theme in the life of Spider-Man in the 616 universe, it was a speech at Peter's school by Johnny that convinced him no to hang up the webs after his frst real defeat by Doc Ock.. and that mutual respect and friendship was real steady all throughout the 616 run.. its too solid a thing to just ignore.. Im looking forward to Spidey's appearnace in UFF whenever that WILL happen cos I am sure it will..

With the stories rolling so fast it's sort of obvious that the friendship will be overlooked in exchange for another story that runs the same as all of the rest.

Since I started my subscription, this was the first issue that actually came on time for me... so that on it's own was just wonderful

Anyway, I thought it was great, and not having seen much of their 616 relationship besides earlier bickering, I thought it was good that they started off on the right feet.

There were a few people looking over my shoulder while I was reading it and that page mentioned by Shihad got loads of ooh!'s and ah!'s

Well, I must say, I've had enough of these two issue stories, to be honest. Sure, they're all right, but Beast has been getting more mention of his death than Gwen is with her's. Really, something's wrong there.

Goodwill said:
Well, I must say, I've had enough of these two issue stories, to be honest. Sure, they're all right, but Beast has been getting more mention of his death than Gwen is with her's. Really, something's wrong there.

I wonder why Beast's death keeps being brought up???? ;)

Because people think he's not dead.

Personally, I hope that Gwen resurrects herself as Carnage but dies again. I don't mean she should be out for vengeance, just that she should come bakc, realise she shouldn't be there and then leave again. It would allow for proper dealing with Gwen's death for Peter, May and MJ and it could provide a sense of closure

Cad, that's the most outrageous idea-- having Gwen come back as Carnage. I wouldn't like that at all. The Carnage we know is Peter's father. Peter's father AND Gwen is a bit much, don't you think?

Not really...

Only two people in the whole Marvel universes have died and remained dead, gwEN and bEN.

This makes me worry for warrEN (Angel).

Goodwill said:
The Carnage we know is Peter's father.

No - it's a living being created partly from his fathers DNA. Not only is it not his dad, it's not even a true clone of him. Same face, that's all.

Latest posts

Back