Ultimate Spider-Man # 72 thoughts (spoilers)

The Captain

Banned
now that the issue is out, what does everyone think? anyone find the loose thread from number one??? what do you all think about the new logo? anyone else glad the cover isnt purple??? im reading my issue now so ill be back later. :D

awesome issue...

The loose end? E. was right low scale or whatever but it makes for very interesting development between these two characters... Peter and Harry are totally not friends anymore and the tension was awesome.... MJ is kinda annoying but she's just like a girl they play this to perfection she seems all nice but she's really just a sl*t... ha... i love this...

Why the hell can't they just throw a name with the cameo villains... who the hell was that in the beginning? I'm not asking for a big dramatic "And I, [Insert Name], The Great supervillain has just defeated Spiderman"... no just toss his name in discreetly so I know who I'm seeing instead of it bothering me the whole time I'm trying to concentrate on the scene...

You can tell Harry wants to be a supersomething with that little speech at the end.

Peter's right where is Nick Fury to like at least warn him Harry's coming back and what his status is. If I was Spiderman I'd be pissed a the world too... poor kid...

This was a great issue. I LOVE the logo, I love the fact that the previously page references events from both Ultimate Spider-Man #1 (a very long time ago) and Ultimate Six (further hinting that people should read everything Ultimate for the whole picture)! (They also called that villain from #71 "Nightmare". Hmmmm......) I was kinda mad that the flashback was so long, but hey, at least they remembered to keep Otto as the bus the bus driver! Damn! I can't believe they used to go out! Grrrr.... I do want to know who that villain was at Roxxon(!). Thank Bendis that we get the blue thought bubbles this issue instead of the sidebar. I love how they mention Hammer for the first time in years, Gwen's death, and the big move. Basically, no blatant continuity problems. AWESOME.

Well, if you think about it, really, six because in the Carnage arc it took Conners three months for the symbiote baby to develope into something...

Anyway, what's going on with MJ?

Goodwill said:
Well, if you think about it, really, six because in the Carnage arc it took Conners three months for the symbiote baby to develope into something...

Anyway, what's going on with MJ?

Six what? I don't understand this there was no summer vacation and no winter... That's a big oops on their part...

MaryJane's a harlet and she obviously is a selfish brat because she doesn't listen to Peter and she knows he's the superhero... I'm not sayin get rid of MJ but she's gonna need an attitude adjustment.

You were talking about how the title has taken place in a nine month period, right? Well, in those nine, three months we didn't see what was going on because, in the Carnage arc, there was a three month break.

Also, I'm guessing that I should read the issue because it appears that Bendis is adding a lot to Harry's character, which can't be understood if it isn't read.

Nice to see them name Nightmare, even if it was after the issue was over.

GREAT interaction between Peter and Harry. I like how Peter is on edge when he's around - the kid seems like he's just as goofy as dear ol' dad.

Overall this began better than some other more recent longer arcs.

And yeah - new logo. Looks good.

I'm not going to hop on the diss MJ train, but I'm curious where the glasses came from. I don't think I've seen her with those before. Harry and Mary Jane.. I think that, especially with the Black Cat supposedly coming back, that's where this may be going. I've thought about it since the "toss MJ" rant that someone had going last month, and Peter may physically be younger than her by at least 5 years, but mentally they've got to be getting closer in age, just because of all the **** Peter's been through.

jtg3885 said:
I think that, especially with the Black Cat supposedly coming back, that's where this may be going.

Hmmmmm......

I only disagree because that's like statutory rape. Cat is obviously an adult, Peter's only 15.

Yeah, or not. As I totally destroyed it last time, Kitty is obsessed stalker-girl of Spider-man. Forty says she'd pull a Black Cat and not like who was under the mask. And besides, we'd see what, long-distance dating? Internet chats or phone calls? One lives in New York City, the other lives several hours upstate. If they were adults, and Kitty wasn't obsessed, maybe. As teens? Definitely not.

As long as we're on psycho girls, I'd rather see an Ultimate Debra Whitman than either Kitty or the Black Cat. The entire X-Mansion is one big soap opera right now, and I think that Spider-man really needs someone normal to be his anchor. Mary Jane fit the purpose, Debra would fit the purpose... Felicia never worked out in 616 because he wanted to protect her, she didn't want to sit back and her push to put herself on an even level with Peter is what ultimately tore them apart.

Latest posts

Back