Ultimate Spider-Man # 75 Thoughts (spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
Wait. Shaw has telepathy powers? I really just think that's the person who Norman imbeded into Harry's mine during the Pysch sessions. Shaw is out of the picture somewhere.

NO...the person who gave harry the hypnotic sessions is apparently going to be ultimate jackal, they have the same name.....whether its jackal or not isnt important right now, but it wasnt shaw......this guy is in harrys head....or we are in store for a flashback (yet again) explaining how and why harry hears shaw speaking to him, instead of himself...

I think you're trying to make Shaw more important or "cooler" than he actually was. Sure, I agree that his character definitely rocked this issue, but, for all we know, he doesn't have any powers. As a lot of us have said, he may be no more than Harry's imagination (Though, I think there are certainly limits to such a thing... Because, let's be honest, an illusion couldn't pick Harry up in a car and drive him around or call him for that matter). Anyway, I think we'll see him again and I think that he'll be pulling strings instead of what you all thought with Harry taking the back seat and turning him into the Hob. I think the reversal of roles made him that much better... He went from a miniscule character to a much larger one in this issue, which isn't too bad. I really like that.

Shaw should go no further than where he is now... I don't think he could last against Peter without Harry or the OZ formula, which he has no possession of.

I like my idea where he has a connection with SHIELD that he could use to his advantage when he becomes a villain. ;) I want someone to take them down.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I just think he's a figment. The whole driving thing could easily just have been Harry driving and pieceing things together on his own. It happens in movies all the time.

he is in his head.....the voice proceeds the flashbacks, the whole time harry is ordered to go to school and to get info from pete, the whole concept of shaw knowing pete is spider-man says that he is more than just a figment...

what is interesting is that cellar door was said often to surpress harry, but he never transforms, the minute he says it, he turns into michael jackson after the pepsi commercial incident...

but he also lied to harry and is using harry to get info on where his dad is....when i said telepathy, i meant more of knowing how to read harrys mind, how to control him, wrong wording choice on my part....sorry
but if he was a figment of his imagination, he wouldnt have been able to tell harry something he did not know about his dad being alive...harry could not imagine shaw knowing who pete is...he could not imagine shaw knowing that he believed pete killed his dad if shaw wasnt there (ala ultimate six).

The Captain wrote:

what is interesting is that cellar door was said often to surpress harry, but he never transforms, the minute he says it, he turns into michael jackson after the pepsi commercial incident...

LOL, that was priceless...

shaw is getting very interesting....he rocked this issue as mwof said earlier...
his telepathy powers made me think of an evil charles xavier... and i dont think this is the last we have seen from him either..
is he a mutant? is he the ultimate version of sebastian shaw from the 616 universe? only time and (bendis) will tell..he probably isnt though....
but if he knows that harry was there, then wouldnt he have been there himself???? spells out that he will be a villain hands down!!

What were 616 Sebastian Shaw's powers? I can't remember. Would be an interesting angle, and could viably be the Ultimate universe's first crossover villain should he end up showing up in Ult. X-Men. I don't think its the last we've seen of Shaw either.

In this arcs case, I'm thinking Shaw is just a figment of Harry's mind, as a result of the therapy/hypnosis/conditioning. Like I said, seems like Norman had a plan all along. But I'm thinking Shaw will definitly show up again in the future, for real. Its also possible that he does have some sort of telepathic powers and was communicating to Harry at the end of the issue in this way, while the rest of the time he was really there. I'm very interested in this character now, more than Hobgoblin/Harry anyway.

that was an assumption based on the name alone, but sebastian shaw isnt this shaw....sebastian shaw was known as the black king aka leader of the hellfire club... He could absorb physical attacks and turn them into energy...he could block almost all of them as well. He was vulnerable to psy and non physical attacks though...

shaw at this point seems more like mysterio....

and you can use that michael jackson line if you want, put it as your signature or something :wink:

I think now that Shaw isn't the Hob, Cap is trying to make him sound as important as he can... Ever here of too much of a good thing, Cap? ;)

Goodwill said:
I think now that Shaw isn't the Hob, Cap is trying to make him sound as important as he can... Ever here of too much of a good thing, Cap? ;)

while it appears harry is hobgoblin you havent seen him actually turn into the character (yet) :roll:

and as for me making shaw cool...i think not.....the character isnt cool to me at all as he is a big mystery....this new spin on him means there has to be more to him than just this arc thats all im saying....villains that know this much about spidey dont just end up becoming background characters you know....
eventually they surface and have to face the wall crawler themselves...

OK, first of all, pretty good issue, and I like the couple or revelations.

Yes, it looks like Harry is indeed Hobgoblin, and it looks like yes, Shaw is a figment of Hary's imagination. And yes, it looks like this was the loose end - Hobgoblin has been with us all along. I'm very interested to see if he has been behind or involved in any other events since the explosion that we aren't expecting. Very cool stuff!

And Irish - awesome job and props to you for calling it. :mrgreen:

The Captain said:
Harry setting himself on fire looks like a transformation into the hobgoblin

I don't think he's setting himself on fire as much as he is igniting - there is a difference but I'm not sure if that's what you meant.

The Captain said:
Shaw is NOT hobgoblin based on the last page of the issue.....

The Captain said:
could it be that shaw some how gave harry some oz off panel??

The Captain said:
shaw is getting very interesting....he rocked this issue as mwof said earlier...
his telepathy powers made me think of an evil charles xavier... and i dont think this is the last we have seen from him either..
is he a mutant?

Shaw is not real. He has no powers. He is a figment of Harry's imagination, just like Apocolypse is a figment of Sinister's. :D

Maybe while Shaw was in Oscorp, he got bit by a radioactive Scorpion....

Come on, he looks like Mac Gargan to me :p

Latest posts

Back