Ultimate Spider-Man #78, Ultimate Fantastic Four #19 & #20 delayed until June.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
According to the Shipping Update thread, Diamond has announced that Ultimate Spider-Man #78 by Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley has been delayed until 6/08/05. Ultimate Fantastic Four #19, by Mike Carey and Jae Lee has been delayed yet another week to 6/08/05, and Ultimate Fantastic Four #20 also by Mike Carey and Jae Lee has been delayed until 6/22/05.

No reason for the delays have been given.

Last edited:
Ultimate Spidey being delayed is surprising, because I can only remember one other time when it was delayed, and I'm always reading how Bendis has USM literally planned out 6 months in advance at any given time. Hmmm.....

It's an Ultimate Marvel conspiracy against the fans.

For the love of God! This is getting ridiculous. :x How 'bout instead of an Ultimate Starts Month we have an Ultimate Take-a-break Month so all the titles can catch up?

Thiraknut said:
For the love of God! This is getting ridiculous. :x How 'bout instead of an Ultimate Starts Month we have an Ultimate Take-a-break Month so all the titles can catch up?
:lol:

Sorry. Just found that funny.

Current delayed issues: Ultimate Iron Man #2 (to 5/25/05), Ultimate Fantastic Four #19 (to 6/8/05), Ultimate Spider-Man #78 (to 6/8/05), Ultimate Fantastic Four #20 (to 6/22/05), Ultimate Marvel Flip Magazine #1 (to 6/15/05), Ultimate Tales Flip Magazine #1 (to 6/15/05), Ultimate Marvel Flip Magazine #3 (to 8/10/05), Ultimate Secret #3 (to 9/21/05)

That is just stupid.

They should call it Ultimate Returns Month! As in, "look your favorite comics have returned!" Who's running this show, Kevin Smith?

makes no sence to me, USM is still is about 2 months ahead, and it's always released on the 1st week unless they'er switching it up to have a it come out on the 2nd and forth week (bi-months) of the month...only thing i can think up...and the moive release for UFF to ride the wave....

Last edited:
nigma said:
makes no sence to me, USM is still is about 2 months ahead, and it's always released on the 1st week unless they'er switching it up to have a it come out on the 2nd and forth week (bi-months) of the month...only thing i can think up...and the moive release for UFF to ride the wave....
I was thinking the same thing, except that before the delays releasing the first part of Mike Carey's arc just two weeks after the conclusion of Ellis' run, would and then following it up with every issue being bi-monthly up to the release of the movie.

Under that time table, we'd have Carey's arc done by second week of June and Millar's first three-issue arc finished a week after the movie premieres. A trade would follow shortly after. It makes more sense, as well, not because I have any delusions that Millar is some sort of high-profile author to hook moviegoers on, but because Millar obviously writes his Marvel stuff to be modestly accessible to newcomers.

I have to believe that the delay on Spider-Man has nothing to do with Bagley's part and more to do with some glitch in production or printing. We have seen a penciled page from issue 79 in the Warriors arc which doesn't come out till July so Bags would have to be done with June's issue 78.

What, is this like the first time Spider-Man has been delayed? Interesting... Maybe we'll get some quality coloring this time.

Sometimes delays are good things and sometimes delays are bad things. The positives of delays are that money always plays an issue, for me at least, from week to week, so sometimes I don't have as much coming out that week, but then again it could be delayed and come out a week where I didn't want an extra book to pop up. Also, keep in mind that it's not easy to put out a comic, but it would be nice if the writers and artists and companies kept the schedule they promised fans, too. In the end you know it will come out anyway so why be bothered over it?

Goodwill said:
What, is this like the first time Spider-Man has been delayed? Interesting... Maybe we'll get some quality coloring this time.

thats funny...perhaps if its delayed again the whole story will be written better....but this delay doesnt bother me...thats like just 2 weeks, USM comes out more often than most books, but then again, i am late reading this.

Nick Kal said:
Sometimes delays are good things and sometimes delays are bad things. The positives of delays are that money always plays an issue, for me at least, from week to week, so sometimes I don't have as much coming out that week, but then again it could be delayed and come out a week where I didn't want an extra book to pop up. Also, keep in mind that it's not easy to put out a comic, but it would be nice if the writers and artists and companies kept the schedule they promised fans, too. In the end you know it will come out anyway so why be bothered over it?

good point. it's just that on a deeper level, continued delays may indicate that these guys are trying move 10 pounds of product in a 5 pound sack. in which case somebody should take management to the wood shed for some talking to.

The Captain said:
thats funny...perhaps if its delayed again the whole story will be written better....but this delay doesnt bother me...thats like just 2 weeks, USM comes out more often than most books, but then again, i am late reading this.

Well, that's why I don't care all that much about the delay. With USM, it very rarely happens, so we're not stuck without our fix whether it matters or not.

Nick Kal said:
That's a fair point, I guess.

But even then, whether or not a given comic comes out next month or this month, it's still money that's going to be spent, it's just a matter of time. In fact, it can screw up your own personal accounting in the sense that one month's comic expenses may go down but the next month's comic expenses go up due to pushed release dates. Not a big deal, but it makes number-crunchers like me annoyed.

The fact is, when I decide to follow a title, I've committed myself to staying and spending money. Following Ultimate Fantastic Four means I told myself I'd be spending twenty plus dollars a year on them, and bumped releases don't mean I save money, it just means the inevitable is delayed.

Latest posts

Back