Ultimate Spider-Man # 80(spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
I still think the shadow was Black Cat, not Elektra.
Thats a good speculation, but i think so far it was Elektra being as how it wasnt explained who was there...the shadow looks more like black cat, but it was inferred to be elektra, but we'll see if anything different happens.
TheManWithoutFear said:
I
I'm not big on Ultimate Moon Knight... at all.
why not? gotta give the guy more than 2 issues to work with....

TheManWithoutFear said:
The Fisk conversation didn't really seem to great to me. Yeah, Fisk was trying to manipulate but I thought the dialogue was sort of weak and in the end Peter's only going to do it because he doesn't have a choice. Fisk will be untouched by the arcs end though.

Peter does have a choice....theres always a choice, its just the lesser of two evils that he has to choose between....he could always back out and turn his eyes the other way, but what he learned after uncle ben became worm food wont let him do that.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Coulda used more Hammerhead
Next issue should have a lot of him in it....

When in a slump, turn to Kingpin... I guess that's Bendis' motto. I read the issue not expecting much from the first two pages (why were they there?) but what I expected of the issue was replaced by me *finally* anticipating the next issue. That hasn't happened with me and USM in a while... No lie. I like the intrigue with Moon Knight. I liked Spider-Man's witty comments. I liked what Kingpin had to say. I liked the elevator scene. This was just a really strong issue and I enjoyed it very much. I know that 81 is already out but I've gotta wait for my subscriptions... I can't wait until it's delivered! :)

Now, the question that I'm going to ask is simple - Which side is Moon Knight on? Who, in his opinion, is truly cleaning up the city? It very well could be Hammerhead.

More Likely Kingpin. From an outside perspective and maybe one that's a little more naive than spider-man's, Kingpin looks totally legit. Hammerhead is really showing all the cards here and is willing to make a mess and let people know he did it. If Moon Knight is a "good guy" then he's not gonna side with Hammerhead because Hammerhead comes off as the bad guy.

Goodwill said:
Now, the question that I'm going to ask is simple - Which side is Moon Knight on?

And don't assume there are only 2 sides at work here.

Moon Knight, as far as we know, is acting on his own, but I'm getting the feeling he's more involved in this street fight than he puts on. While I don't think Kingpin is behind it (Since, in this issue, it was revealed that he knew nothing about him... Remember the phone conversation with Elektra and him?) I do, however, think that it's possible he's on Hammerhead's side. Think about it - it's like Vaughan said "There's no such thing as good and evil, there's just people doing what they think is right." Moon Knight could be the guy, much like Peter, who doesn't think Kingpin should be around, so he's sided with Hammerhead to take out the greater of two evils. Hey, you never know... He could have been Silvermane's man, which I think would be awesome! :)

Goodwill said:
Moon Knight, as far as we know, is acting on his own, but I'm getting the feeling he's more involved in this street fight than he puts on. While I don't think Kingpin is behind it (Since, in this issue, it was revealed that he knew nothing about him... Remember the phone conversation with Elektra and him?) I do, however, think that it's possible he's on Hammerhead's side. Think about it - it's like Vaughan said "There's no such thing as good and evil, there's just people doing what they think is right." Moon Knight could be the guy, much like Peter, who doesn't think Kingpin should be around, so he's sided with Hammerhead to take out the greater of two evils. Hey, you never know... He could have been Silvermane's man, which I think would be awesome! :)

Good points. For some reason though I just get the impression Moon Knight is on the outside in terms of the Gang War. He just doesn't seem like the type to work for anyone, except himself. Its entirely possible, and I'll probably end up being wrong, but from the little we've seen of him he just appears to be a somewhat nutty street vigilante who's doing what he thinks is right. Again, its entirely possible he's being duped or just thinks working for Hammerhead is the lesser of two evils, hell, he could just be plain old evil himself. Guess we'll have to see as the arc shapes up more.

I get the same feeling, but Bendis has pulled stuff over on us before. Moon Knight is a tricky character to discuss since we know very little. There are so many doors Bendis can take with ol' Moonbeam, but it's just too hard to tell right now.

Latest posts

Back