Ultimate Spider-Man #83 (Spoilers)

I agree. I like the Ultimate costume, but he NEEDS the mask. It's who he is. Plus it would be funny to see Peter say something like "You totally ripped off my look with those eye slots."

Mainstream Moon Knight wasn't schizophrenic. He just had a penchant for using false identities to get informations, similar to what the Golden Age Batman did. Actually, that was the basis of that part of the character. I do like how they altered this to be a form of multiple personality disorder in Ultimate.

Doc Comic said:
Mainstream Moon Knight wasn't schizophrenic. He just had a penchant for using false identities to get informations, similar to what the Golden Age Batman did. Actually, that was the basis of that part of the character. I do like how they altered this to be a form of multiple personality disorder in Ultimate.

Based on the OHTMU I thought that's how Moon Knight was done but other people told me he was definitely crazy in the 616.

He was crazy in the Batman kind of crazy, where he was obsessed with crimefighting, but he wasn't crazy in the schizophrenic MPD kind of crazy.

Warriors just gets better and better. I like Moon Knight's multiple personality disorder. He's not plum crazy, since his four personas actually recognize the existence of each other and they have to conduct meetings whenever they make major decisions. This could also explain why he runs around in an all-white suit in the middle of the freakin' night. :)

I also was amused by the last splash page with the royal rumble and Hammerhead's reaction to it.

cmdrjanjalani said:
Warriors just gets better and better. I like Moon Knight's multiple personality disorder. He's not plum crazy, since his four personas actually recognize the existence of each other and they have to conduct meetings whenever they make major decisions. This could also explain why he runs around in an all-white suit in the middle of the freakin' night. :)

See that's exactly what's not cool about it. I hope the disorder stays in his mind and doesn't spill out with his actions. I don't want to see a scene where he's fighting and in the middle of the fight just starts battleing with himself. Nothing good can come out of this character trait, save that one scene, which I will admit was sorta cool but in the long run what can you do with a reappearing schizo.

Doc Comic said:
He was crazy in the Batman kind of crazy, where he was obsessed with crimefighting, but he wasn't crazy in the schizophrenic MPD kind of crazy.

You sure about that? I don't know personally one way or the other, but many others on many other message boards have all said he was nuts in 616 as well. I don't think he was permanently nuts, but at one time or another he had all that crap going on and it was a running plot-line for the character and title. Like I said this is all second-hand knowledge for me, but with that many people from that many sources...

DIrishB said:
You sure about that? I don't know personally one way or the other, but many others on many other message boards have all said he was nuts in 616 as well.
He was. Read an article somewhere about it saying he actually was, and talked about the personalities.

Wikipedia said:
To distance himself from his mercenary past he created the identity of the millionaire Steven Grant, using this identity to purchase a specious estate; to remain in contact with the common man he also created the identity of taxicab driver Jake Lockley. Resuming his activities as Moon Knight, he battled a number of criminals and supervillains of a bizarre and mystical nature. However, the stress of maintaining four separate identities began to take its toll on his psyche. Marlene convinced him to retire the Grant and Lockley aliases, to sell the statue of Khonshu, and to retire as Moon Knight.

Does this prove anything?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Yes, much liek when I copied word for word what came out of the OHTMU: MK 2005.
Or it could mean that his brain created the personalities due to the schizophrenia. Im just going by the articles that said he actually was. If I had the article with me, I'd show you. But this was a while ago.

I got this issue today. I really like this arc. I love Elektra's new costume. Moon Knight is a freakin weird ***. I like Shang-Chi and Iron Fist. Except I don't think he needs that mask. The mask is lame. The ending was the best part of the issue. Who's the bad guys. I don't know. Look who I'm asking. Brillant.

Latest posts

Back