Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #2 preview art released

Cool just noticed the daredevil punisher pic. I hope the do a Ultimate spider-man arc with punisher he was always cool in spider-man

sjmole said:
Cool just noticed the daredevil punisher pic. I hope the do a Ultimate spider-man arc with punisher he was always cool in spider-man

He appeared as a background character. He's much better in 616.

ProjectX2 said:
He appeared as a background character. He's much better in 616.

Yeah i never read 616 punisher is his own comic

I've seen him on 90s spider-man cartoon
What if punisher killed spider-man
in a few spider-man comics
the batman crossover (did not like)
and both movies (i loved both even if most i know say 1st one sucked)

Ultimate Punisher is a half-assed ultimization. His costume is retarded.

Read Ennis's MAX Punisher to see him done right.

E said:

from the pic his costume looks the same.

E said:

I'm disappointed that they're making him use his 70's costume. At least the one where he made a cameo with Boomerang shows that his costume is SWAT/anti-riot cop uniform with a huge skull painted on the kevlar vest. Why they didn't stick with that one, if they didn't want to copy the MAX version?

cmdrjanjalani said:
I'm disappointed that they're making him use his 70's costume. At least the one where he made a cameo with Boomerang shows that his costume is SWAT/anti-riot cop uniform with a huge skull painted on the kevlar vest. Why they didn't stick with that one, if they didn't want to copy the MAX version?

Or even better - why not NOT put him in a costume. Fer cryin' out loud - he's an angry vigilante who basically has nothing to live for except one thing - to kill bad guys. Why the **** would he care about making a costume?!

E said:
Or even better - why not NOT put him in a costume. Fer cryin' out loud - he's an angry vigilante who basically has nothing to live for except one thing - to kill bad guys. Why the **** would he care about making a costume?!

Same reason as Batman. A costume with the skull on it strikes fear in to his foes and fear in a fight can help make it one sided.

sjmole said:
Same reason as Batman. A costume with the skull on it strikes fear in to his foes and fear in a fight can help make it one sided.

I doubt a skull painted on a spandex costume is what is striking fear into his foes. I think the large number of large guns is what's doing it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
It's a symbol and a good/main reason these vigilante's do it in the first place. It's not really debateable.
Agreed. Once they see the skull, they know who it is, and they're all, "Oh...s***....:shock: :.

E said:
I doubt a skull painted on a spandex costume is what is striking fear into his foes. I think the large number of large guns is what's doing it.

But if the Punisher doesn't have a "costume", how can he be differentiated from every other heavily-armed vigilante out there? He has to keep the huge white skull on his chest at least.

cmdrjanjalani said:
But if the Punisher doesn't have a "costume", how can he be differentiated from every other heavily-armed vigilante out there? He has to keep the huge white skull on his chest at least.

There are more gun-toting vigilantes out there?

Even if there were, Frank Castle has quite the presence...he doesn't need a gimmick to separate himself.

However I sort of agree with you; I don't really have a problem with the white skull. If they wanted to use it that would be OK...it doesn't really jibe with who he is and what he does, but it's bearable.

It's the spandex costume that I hate. And that's why I hate Ultimate Punisher. Seriously, if you read Ennis's Punisher you realize what a colossal waste Ultimate Punisher is.

E said:
It's the spandex costume that I hate. And that's why I hate Ultimate Punisher. Seriously, if you read Ennis's Punisher you realize what a colossal waste Ultimate Punisher is.
Yeah, THAT is utter stupidness.

Latest posts

Back