Ultimate Spider-Man...Mazal Tov?

Someone needs to start a thread about this on the Bendis Boards.

Someone also needs to change "Mazal" to "Mazel".

(Read previous sentence in stereotypical Jewish voice.)

Challah, challah! W0rd up.

I always thought that was Bendis' way of 'Ultimizing' him - you know, making this a Spidey for the modern world, and endearing him to the young kids of today. Its why (Ultimate)Venom wears a clock around his neck, (Ultimate) Liz Allen has a gold tooth and says 'dash' instead of 'that's', and (Ultimate) Aunt May is just a 'virtual' aunt on Peter's Wii.

There is absolutely nothing random or pointless about these changes - its just that kind of kooky stuff that really 'Ultimizes' someone.

(sorry if I spoiled some upcoming plot points)

I always thought that was Bendis' way of 'Ultimizing' him - you know, making this a Spidey for the modern world, and endearing him to the young kids of today. Its why (Ultimate)Venom wears a clock around his neck, (Ultimate) Liz Allen has a gold tooth and says 'dash' instead of 'that's', and (Ultimate) Aunt May is just a 'virtual' aunt on Peter's Wii.

There is absolutely nothing random or pointless about these changes - its just that kind of kooky stuff that really 'Ultimizes' someone.

This is worth a POTD.

Post of the Day.

Now this just might be me playing Devil's Advocate here, but has it actually been stated anywhere officially that he is NOT Jewish?

Maybe he is and they never really brought it up?
Well I remember reading this whole essay on 616 Spidey's faith, though its not really stated which religion in the comic, there were tons of evidence to support protestant. I can't really picture Parker being jewish, mainly because May's last name was reilly, which is an Irish name and, I may be wrong but, Ireland is prodominantly christen.
Basically the complaint is that the words he uses (incorrectly, I might add) are too obscure to be used by a non-Jew as frequently as he does. It's ridiculous.

That's my biggest problem, its used way too much for no reason and feels extremely out of place and at most times, stupid

:lol: :lol:

Where's that 'dash' stuff and the rest from? I cannae remember.

WTF, guys, I don't ask for much... just change the title so that it says "Mazel"!

Hebrew Hammer away!

*flies away with a cape decorated by a bottle of Manishevitz*

Now this just might be me playing Devil's Advocate here, but has it actually been stated anywhere officially that he is NOT Jewish?

Maybe he is and they never really brought it up?

In #106 Peter actually comments on him not been Jewish, it's on page 4 (no ads) bottom right after Peter goes into his house to retrieve his costume, if anyone really cares :~)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back