Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 12: Superstars

I'm in the same boat as you, Captain. I'm still going to say that a lot of what is bringing USM down is the coloring and inking, however, I do think the stories have been flat as opposed to something like the Carnage story, where a totally different idea for the character was used and it became a hit. I think Bendis needs to think about something like that again.

I think USM's been flat since Geldoff, with the 3-part Kingpin story and the first issue of the Wolverine switcheroo being the only exceptions.

I really enjoyed the first part of the switch. It was fun. And for me, brilliantly timed. I was getting sick of just all the 'realism' in USM.

Shame it had a cheat ending.

In any case, with the exception of the first-part of the Wolverine arc, I didn't care for Superstars' issues.

Well, that's saying something right there... All the way back to Geldoff, huh? Well, I disagree with you on that one and, particularly with the Wolverine issues... I was left wondering what was real and what wasn't in that issue. That was the first time the move was mention, mind. I thought the best of the Superstars was the Human Torch, hands down, and that's not saying much.

UltimateE said:
I would buy the arguement that it took an extreme amount of concentration and is not something she can just whip out in the heat of battle, but a good point either way.

Millar likely cares less about the sanctity of the UU than Bendis does. That's not a criticism by the way.

I could say the same thing about suspending continuity in favor of telling a good story...

Good points though.
You made good points as well, actually. Hope they're remembered in future discussions.

As for Bendis being Kong, it makes sense because there always seems to be a physical self-insert of Bendis in all his comics. He's got them in the form of Columbia in Jinx and Stilt-Man in Daredevil

I guess I've missed some of what I said on this thread.

UltimateE, I totally agree about Millar and Bendis. Even though I love The Ultimates, I have this deep knot in my stomach that worries me about continuity of The Ultimates to the rest of the UU.

Bass partly agree, except for the switcheroo thing. It was bad or however E wants to put it, "Bad timeing". Rereading the Carnage Arc, I really didn't mind it though.

Ourchair, Wilbur Day = Brian Bendis.... :lol: :lol: :twisted:

It may have been, but it was only a hallucination, so it's nothing to get excited about... However, I do wish there were Spider-Slayers soon. I think they'd be very cool as a part of Kingpin's arsenal to find and kill Peter.

Latest posts

Back