Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 15 "Silver Sable" discussion (spoilers)

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
I searched and could not find the thread on the TPB.

Well here is my thoughts.

I thought it was a well done arc. It left me with a couple of questions like What was nick fury testing spider-man for? But my guess thoes questions will be answered in the next TPB or the one after that.

The annual in it i hated been there as i bought the tpb of Ultimate annuals however it is a nice touch. As others who buy the tpbs might not buy Ultimate Annuals and it was important to the story.

Silversabel and omega red I loved them. Not read much 616 stuff with them but I felt they were really cool. I wished the Omega red fight had been lonnger thou. Ultimate rhino I think is much better than 616 one. Vulture fight at the end was nice too.

The kitty peter realtionship I think is cool. He has a gf who wont get herself thrown off a bridge or kidnaped ect... and if so she can save her self. Good idea putting them together.

All together I give it 4 out 5 stars. Not my fave one but it is no where near the worst (ultimate six). Next up deadpool dont know who he is but i for one can't wait.

Is deadpool tpb the one with blade and morbious? because never read a comic with morbious so I can't wait for that one.

I've got ultimates , ultimate x-men and ultimate Spider-man and I have to say Ultimate Spider-man is the best series.

Re: vol 15 tpb.

Having never read anything about any of these characters, either, I didn't have anything to compare them to, and thought it was a pretty good arc also. (Not my favorite arc, but not bad.) My one gripe was that for a supposed group of professional merceneries, the Wild Pack seemed kind of, I don't know, inept a lot of the time. (Snagged the wrong Spider-Man, lost him, got webbed to the wall and didn't have any knives handy, etc.) I guess it was being played for laughs. Nick Fury certainly got himself a deal at the end, when he blackmailed Elijah Sterns into coming to work for SHIELD. Peter ought to get a hiring bonus or something for that one.

The Deadpool trade should include the Morbius two-parter, which I enjoyed, although I wish it had been a longer story. I don't know if you read the discussions here on each of the single issues before the trade comes out (I usually don't, but I bought these two issues in singles), but there are some interesting comments on Morbius' possible background there.

Re: vol 15 tpb.

Having never read anything about any of these characters, either, I didn't have anything to compare them to, and thought it was a pretty good arc also. (Not my favorite arc, but not bad.) My one gripe was that for a supposed group of professional merceneries, the Wild Pack seemed kind of, I don't know, inept a lot of the time. (Snagged the wrong Spider-Man, lost him, got webbed to the wall and didn't have any knives handy, etc.) I guess it was being played for laughs. Nick Fury certainly got himself a deal at the end, when he blackmailed Elijah Sterns into coming to work for SHIELD. Peter ought to get a hiring bonus or something for that one.

The Deadpool trade should include the Morbius two-parter, which I enjoyed, although I wish it had been a longer story. I don't know if you read the discussions here on each of the single issues before the trade comes out (I usually don't, but I bought these two issues in singles), but there are some interesting comments on Morbius' possible background there.

The grabbing the wrong spider-man was a simple mistake thou. if you followed a masked man to an alley and only one person was there you would think it was him too.

the knife thing = that guy was an iddiot :lol:

as a rule i dont read all the issues topics on here as i dont want spoliers. but ocastionly i will.

Shows how little I know i thought Morbius was an entire arc then i saw silver sable followed by deadpool and was like hey wheres the Morbius arc? but a two-parter is cool too.

I hated it. The worst USM arc so far. I was tempted to drop USM, and this arc helped me get rid of it once and for all.

I hated it. The worst USM arc so far. I was tempted to drop USM, and this arc helped me get rid of it once and for all.

seems like a shame dude. but we can't all enjoy it.

what did you hate about it?

Silly Project. You should of waiting until the God awful Deadpool arc and then dropped it. :D

Aside from the also terrible Hobgoblin arc, just about everything between the Carnage arc and Clone Saga is filler. Aside from Kitty and Tinkerer being introduced into the title, this TPB is almost pointless.

Last edited:
seems like a shame dude. but we can't all enjoy it.

what did you hate about it?

Pretty much everything.

And my adopted noob, if I were to pick up Deadpool, I'd have to slit my wrists.

Pretty much everything.

ok fair enough. I wont push the issuse. like i said before we are all diffrent.

and deadpool tpb looks pretty enjoyable as does the clone saga

Pretty much everything.

And my adopted noob, if I were to pick up Deadpool, I'd have to slit my wrists.

He is going to be coming into our convos isn't he? Oh well atleast I won't be the new guy anymore. :D

Its ok sjmole, Project will pick up Clone Saga and his faith shall be returned.

The Clone Saga looks like typical Bendis ****. It's just all the fanboys and noobs hyped up for it.

Silly Project. You should of waiting until the God awful Deadpool arc and then dropped it. :D

Aside from the also terrible Hobgoblin arc, just about everything between the Carnage arc and Clone Saga is filler. Aside from Kitty and Tinkerer being introduced into the title, this TPB is almost pointless.

You're going to fit right in here.

(I did think that Warriors was good and Silver Sable was above average, though)

I wouldn't say pointless. because even if you say it's filler it's still entertaining and that what comics are. Entertainment and if you mean in terms of story it helps make the journey from carnage to clone saga longer so that realistically its not so fast.

if they had left the period blank people would complain. I honestly think Ultimate spider-man is the best Ultimate series through out (except ultimate six) others may disagree and that's cool I just know I love getting a Ultimate spidey tpb and sitting down and reading it all in one sitting.

its fun.

I wouldn't say pointless. because even if you say it's filler it's still entertaining and that what comics are. Entertainment and if you mean in terms of story it helps make the journey from carnage to clone saga longer so that realistically its not so fast.

if they had left the period blank people would complain. I honestly think Ultimate spider-man is the best Ultimate series through out (except ultimate six) others may disagree and that's cool I just know I love getting a Ultimate spidey tpb and sitting down and reading it all in one sitting.

its fun.

I agree. Static characters and fluff arcs can get boring, but too many "event" storylines and eventually, it's just not impressive anymore, and writers end up trying to up the ante with constant "OMG TEH BIGGEST EVENT EVARS" and "THIS VILLAIN IS TOUGHER THAN THE HULK" and "THIS TIME SOMEONE DIES" and "THIS TIME SOMEONE YOU THOUGHT WAS DEAD RETURNS" crap. This was just a simple story with a few jokes, a bit of angst, actual supporting characters, and a few cool fight scenes. It introduced some interesting characters who might show up later, and I liked that it tied into the Killer Shrike guy.

It wasn't great, maybe it was a bit slow-paced, but comparing it to Deadpool is unfair.

Latest posts

Back