Ultimate Spider-Man, with YOU steering.

darkspider

Formerly known as 'darkspider16'
Please read this first post:

Basically this is the same as the Ultimates 3 thread, BUT, this has a limit. Basically, you're given the job of writing USM for one year, 12 issues, or maybe 13 if you can squeeze 2-in-1 month. Just write how you'd have USM go after the clone saga. Dont worry about cleaning Bendis's mess ( you can if you're that dedicated or pissed).

Oh, and this is NOT the same as the After Clone Saga speculation, because you get to choose how it goes.

One last thing: if you want, you dont have to limit yourself to 1 year. your ideas could be more than 12 issues.

Last edited:
It's too hard to think of anything after Bendis' run on USM. He's ruined it far too much.

bare in mind i've not read past tpb 15

My first 6 issuses

breif story - After the clone saga peter feels diffrent. At first he starts snap at kitty. Meanwhile a old egyptian relic in the local musem has a shadow come out of it. Peter feels ill like loosing his powers. The shadow makes it to the mortuary and into the remains of Harry creating Ultimate Demogoblin!.

Ultimate Demogoblin escapes hospital and Spider-man is needed. However Spider-man is loosing powers. He fights Demogoblin and somehow wins. Ends with getting an extra 4 arms!

Second 6

Peter feels stronger than ever but while fighting a throw away villan oh i dont know lets say Ultimate shocker again. He falls to the floor in pain and has to run away. in an alley he turns into Man-Spider

Ultimate Punisher has to track him and the second he becomes Man-spider the style changes to be more like a horror with Man-Spider as the monster. Even do pannles of kitty on the phone but something in the shaddows watching her that reminds him who he is.

He gets turned back but not before making a big mistake and knocking Morrie Benc who is testing a new water generator in to the water during the test leading to Hydro-Man later on.

Peter: "Whoa what just happened and why is everything normal?"

"I have been equiped with the power to skip time, I skipped this downward spirral of depression and retardedness that led to the invetible retcon of this idiotic storyline. Mj has no memory of what happened sin issue 98, Aunt May is okay, your dad's dead, Gwen is alive and not Carnage and no one remembers she was dead for some reason and Fury isnt such a douche. It's almost as if everything that happened after the Hollywood arc after never happened."

Peter: "Uh okay... and who-what are you?"

"I am Robotic Chuck Norris nature's greatest wonder!"

Peter: "God bless you Robotic Chuck Norris"

So, here we go. My first two issues(105 and 106) would deal with things settling down. The first would have the life of Peter, and the second, the life of Spider-Man. These would not be filler issues, as they each would introduce a new character/s. In the Peter issue, we'd have Peter finnaly meeting with Tandy Bowen, and her quiet friend Ty Johnson. I'd have neither become "powered", but just become characters in the school. In the second issue Peter would roam the streets and confront Shocker, only then to find Electro and defeat him by the docks. Electro would disappear into the water.

Numbers 107-110 would be the arc "Dusk Hunt". The first 2 isues would deal with Kingpin targeting Ben Urich. Peter would go and take on Kingpin as Spidey, only that he was too late and Urich is hospitalized by Kingpin's thugs, and an unseen character, who could be a ultimized villian. The last two issues in the arc, 109 and 110, will have Daredevil and Moonknight checking up on Urich, with Peter seeing them and going after them in costume. Eventually he is told down by Daredevil and gets pissed at the two of them. He leaves and gets into a fight with his clone, except it has a foreign accent. He then learns that this doppleganger has killed in his name, and Spider-man is wanted by the police. After going out and trying to discover a lead on this copycat, he would encouter Daredevil and moonknight and gets beat up by them, and narrowly escapes. The arc would end with Peter receiving a package that contains a black Spider-man costume....

all right, so this is how id go so far. i know its kinda long, but i wanted to convey these distinctly. And it is NOT the venom suit that he gets. its just a black suit made out of cloth, or maybe some other material, but no way related to the venom suit.

and its not a clone he meets, but a "shape-shifter"....

Last edited:
You been reading the past 2 years? Damn near.....

Yeah, I have every issue. I guess I just don't have the same opinion about most of the arcs as the majority of the readers on this site.
Example:
I liked Warriors
I liked Deadpool (even with some obvious errors)
So far I like the clone saga but I have not read #101

Peter: "Whoa what just happened and why is everything normal?"

"I have been equiped with the power to skip time, I skipped this downward spirral of depression and retardedness that led to the invetible retcon of this idiotic storyline. Mj has no memory of what happened sin issue 98, Aunt May is okay, your dad's dead, Gwen is alive and not Carnage and no one remembers she was dead for some reason and Fury isnt such a douche. It's almost as if everything that happened after the Hollywood arc after never happened."

Peter: "Uh okay... and who-what are you?"

"I am Robotic Chuck Norris nature's greatest wonder!"

Peter: "God bless you Robotic Chuck Norris"

Also if anyone names the reference they get a cookie

Last edited:
well first id have electro form a group of villians (Shocker Rhino Vulture Kraven) possibly the sinister sendicate, over the course of a couple issues while peter deals with a minor villian (Sandman) when spidey beats him it turns out that its a trap and that he fell into electro trap. he would then get his butt kicked and be just about to do die. then daredevil and moon knights groups (Black Kat Shang Chi Iron Fist Punisher) show up and eventually win the day. peter then gets the invite only to trun it down.

Then i would bring back Venom. But he would no be the main villian. The main villian would be Green Goblin. Goblin would almost kill Spiderman but Venom shows up and saves him. A then brainwashed Harry would attack them only to be defeated along side his father. Then Venom would attack Spiderman but he would beat Venom.

Spider-Man jumps into the real world to kick Bendis in the nuts.

He does this continually for 6 issues straight and it's the best selling USM arc ever.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have every issue. I guess I just don't have the same opinion about most of the arcs as the majority of the readers on this site.
Example:
I liked Warriors
I liked Deadpool (even with some obvious errors)
So far I like the clone saga but I have not read #101
I also liked Warriors, and had no major issues with Deadpool, and got a huge kick out of the whole vampire sequence. I think it helps to have no emotional attachment to the original characters in regular Marvel; I haven't read any of that in almost 20 years, so I don't have anything to compare the Ultimate versions to. My only question on Deadpool was why anyone would turn themselves into cyborgs for the dubious pleasure of hunting down mutants. Apparently I just don't hate anyone enough to understand the mind-set.

Numbers 107-110 would be the arc "Dusk Hunt". The first 2 isues would deal with Kingpin targeting Ben Urich. Peter would go and take on Kingpin as Spidey, only that he was too late and Urich is hospitalized by Kingpin's thugs, and an unseen character, who could be a ultimized villian. The last two issues in the arc, 109 and 110, will have Daredevil and Moonknight checking up on Urich, with Peter seeing them and going after them in costume. Eventually he is told down by Daredevil and gets pissed at the two of them. He leaves and gets into a fight with his clone, except it has a foreign accent. He then learns that this doppleganger has killed in his name, and Spider-man is wanted by the police. After going out and trying to discover a lead on this copycat, he would encouter Daredevil and moonknight and gets beat up by them, and narrowly escapes. The arc would end with Peter receiving a package that contains a black Spider-man costume....
I'm interested in pretty much anything that brings Urich and the Daily Bugle staff back into the title. I would read this.

Not that this would take a full 12 issues by any means, but I would go back and revisit the vampire storyline, expanding it so that there was actually a scientific explanation for these creatures, how they do what they do, and why they exist in the first place. It would involve SHIELD agents and possibly a cross-over with the Fantastic Four, as well as shedding some light on a couple of minor characters already introduced (like the fellow in the Defenders playing dress-up as "Son of Satan", who is actually a SHIELD agent interested in the occult and who would get to do some legitimate investigative work. Without the costume :sick: ).

Of course, I could spare the general public the agony of reading my take on that stuff and just post it as a fanfic instead.... :D

Also if anyone names the reference they get a cookie
I assume you are talking about Dodgeball, with robots. :D

You might have noticed that when this movie came out, the Chuck Norris jokes came out.....

Last edited:
ok my next arc would be from #110-116, and yes, it would be called "Back in Black".

Peter gets freaked out about the costume and analyzes it. He then gives a small piece to Ty Johnson, who is a science nerd himself, for a second opinion. He studies it and says that its just fabric, though it must be some new material. So peter dons the new costume and goes to work. He follows some gang memeber affiliated with Kingpin and overhears something about Electro being in SHIELD custody for months. Peter is confused, but doesnt dwell, as they had spotted him. He takes them out and then encounters Moonknight. they fight, with Peter getting fed up with seeing this guy everywhere and beating him up. He then goes around NYC, to find some more leads when Daredevil attacks him. Daredevil smacks Spidey around, but lets him go, commenting on the new look and that he doesnt believe Spidey to be a killer. Next day, Peter is checking up on Urich when he sees a note in Ben's pocket. He reads it, which says that Ben assumes that Kingpin believes that Urich has a connection to Spider-Man. So he takes out Urich, who was digging up even more dirt on Kingpin, along with forcing Spider-Man out in the Open. the Spider-imposter appears at the doorway and attacks Peter, throwing him out the window. Peter grabs hold of a ledge below and changes into his costume. He leaps up and stops the imposter from killing Urich. They fight, and Spidey follows him into Kingpin's tower. Kingpin introduces the imposter as the Ultimate Chameleon, who is a shape-shifter AND a power mimic. Chameleon changes into red-blue Spiderman and the two supers fight, and both end up falling out off a balcony, to the street below. Its a long drop. Spidey webs himself into safety, and Chameleon lands on the ground. Spidey comes down and clears his name, with some evidence given by Daredevil, who appears at the scene. He has a report from Urich, and says that Spidey is innocent. Meanwhile, the body is gone. It ends with a lone cop walking away. He turns into a dark alley, then leaps into the air.

i actually really like thinking this stuff up, and i might make a fan-fic on both arcs, along with the 2 stand-alone issues before, if anyone seems interested in this.

Last edited:
ISSUE 1
-The Kingpin looks over his balcony at the city below him... He smiles, turning to face the psychologist Aunt May was seeing a few arcs ago. He asks her if she's absolutely sure. She says that she came directly from her office where the boy's aunt had told her. She says she knows about the Spider-Man problem because she dated one of his crime bosses briefly a year or so back. Kingpin thanks her and asks one of his men to walk her out and to make sure she gets the money she was asking for. She starts talking while she's walking, saying how she needed the money to keep her business running, and how nervous she was, they reach the elevator and the door opens, and the man pushes her down the empty corridor. There is a small thud as she hits the ground two stories below.
He calls out Mr. Larks, who steps out of the shadows. "Confirm This"
-The rest of the story would be Peter being at school, unable to concentrate because of all the **** he'd been through in the past few weeks... The Bell rings for lunch and he puts on the costume, and leaps off the roof to swing through the city a bit. Mr. Larks steps out of the shadows, camera in hand, and cell phone up, he says, "confirmed." Cut to Kingpin, who is grinning wildly... "Then lets end this, once and for all"

ISSUE 2
- Peter goes to school the next day only to be called to the principal's office. The principal asks him if he's seen flash gordon lately, and Peter says he hasn't. Flash was apparently beaten close to death, and he has said that it was Peter Parker who did it. Peter says he didn't, but the principal says that he's seen pictures, and that Peter shouldn't lie to him, because the authorities are going to be here to pick him up shortly.
- The Kingpin watches the events unfold through a camera placed in the corner of the office. A man behind him walks out of the shadows. He is wearing a white mask over his face. Kingpin tells the man that his Chameleon Mask seems to have done the trick, and that he can take his money. He says that he suspects they'll meet again.
-In a police car Peter starts to think through who would try to frame him for this, and who would give out that information. And who could be hurt for this information getting out in the first place. He breaks out of the police car, kicking through the door, and runs to his old house, and breaks in. Aunt May is there and asks him what the hell he wants.

ISSUE 3
- Peter asks if she told anyone that he's Spider-Man and she says that she told her psychiatrist. Peter tells her that he's been expelled and framed for the brutal beating of one of his fellow students, and that the police will be waiting at the apartment he has been living in since he was emancipated. "They'll be here too, soon" she says. She told them that peter would come, and to send some squad cars. Peter asks her why she's doing this, and she says that Peter betrayed her trust and she never wanted to see him again. He says that he could go to jail, and she says "good." "get out of my house before the police get here, or i'll turn you over myself." He pauses, and runs up the stairs. Pausing at the top to tell Aunt may that he loves her, and that he's sorry he had to put her through all of this. She hears movement on the roof as the cops get there. She is crying.
- Mary Jane and her parents are at the hospital she has been staying at since the events of the Clone Saga. They are watching the news, where it is announced that award winning student Peter Parker has escaped from Police Custody after being charged with the assault of Flash Gordon.

ISSUE 4
-A Nurse walks into MJ's room and asks her Parents to come with her for a moment, saying that its urgent. Mr. Watson starts asking whether Parker has anything to do with it, and she says to come now. In the next room the nurse pulls out a gun, and shoots the parents in the head. She goes out back out into the hall where you can see that the entire hospital staff has been killed. She walks back into MJ's room, only to see that the bed is empty and the window is open. She calls the kingpin and says that the girl has been taken. He says very well, and then tells her, "When the police get there, You are a disgruntled nurse who is taking out her frustration on her patients. If you implicate me your daughter will be killed, if not than we will pay for her transplant. It has been a pleasure doing business with you, ma'am."
-On the roof, Peter tells MJ that he saw the woman kill her parents, and that its probably the same person who is framing him for Flash Thompson's assault. MJ lashes out at him, because it is his fault that she's in this mess, and that its his fault that her parents are dead. And he yells back that this is why he tried to push her out of his life. She starts crying, and he holds her, and starts crying with her, realizing that his life has just changed again for the worse.
-(A Few Days Later): MJ walks into the headquarters of the CIA in Washington DC. She says she needs to talk to Richard Parker.

ISSUE 5
- Stealing the materials, Peter finishes a makeshift costume, red, with a blue sweater with a spider on it (*cough* scarlet spider), he also retrieves his back-up web-shooters from his gym locker. And visits his High School principal to ask him who showed him the pictures, then he goes and visits a police officer at home and then winds up finding an employee of Richard Fisk... In his anger he beats him up really badly as he realizes the Kingpin set him up, which is caught on tape. The man had no idea what he was delivering, he was just happy to be asked to do something by the head of his company. He viewed it as him being in line for a promotion.
- The tape finds its way to the Daily Bugle, where Ben Urich is told that he has to write the story of Spider-Man beating the **** out of an innocent man. He watches the tape and sees that Spider-Man is getting out of control, and writes the story.
- Peter sees the Daily bugle and he tears it apart, unable to deal with his life slowly falling apart
-In DC, Richard Parker meets with MJ, and she tells him that Peter is being set up by the Kingpin. He says that he knows, but there's nothing he can do... People are afraid of getting themselves killed... They can't move on Kingpin unless he makes a documentable mistake. He offers MJ to stay with him for the time being. She accepts.

ISSUE 6
- Peter fights the Kingpin, and loses badly, breaking his arm as he is thrown from the building.
-He manages to get to Hell's Kitchen, collapsing while screaming out for Daredevil in the rain. He wakes up on Matt Murdock's couch. Peter asks him where he is, and where his costume is. Matt tells him that he's safe for now, but that he clearly doesn't know what he's doing, and that he shouldn't be doing this, as he's clearly in over his head. Peter tells Matt that his life has been taken from him, and he's in too far just to give it up.

In the following six issues:
- Peter lives with Matt Murdock, takes up the identity of Ben Reily (from his uncle's name, and his Mother's maiden name), dyes his hair blonde, and starts working as an intern at Nelson & Murdock.
- Daredevil trains him to fight, and Spider-Man sometimes joins him and the Ultimate Knights as they fight crime in the city
- They hunt down the chameleon, and force him to testify against the Kingpin and to clear Peter's name.
- The Knights break into The Kingpin's office and tell him that one of these days he's going to fall, and he's not going to get back up. The Kingpin smiles and says he'll leave them alone for the time being, because they aren't worth his effort. Once they leave, he hints at his next scheme to bring back his wife, and he tells her he's sorry he let himself get wrapped up in another bout of revenge like the one that left her in her coma.
- Peter goes to DC to get Mary Jane, and she gets angry with him for having taken her life away and then shipped her off to not deal with for months as he fixed this. She says that she'll stay in DC for the time being, and that she doesn't want to see him for the near future... She needs to figure out a few things in her life, and she can't do that with Peter around.
- Peter keeps his job at Nelson & Murdock, and Matt tells Peter that he can stay with him. Peter returns to school and he and Flash Thompson have a chat where Peter tells him that he's sorry that Flash had to get involved. Flash tells him that he's figured out that he's Spider-Man, and that he understands, and that he won't tell anybody.

with shield taking away all his powers , peter starts feeling relieved and starts focusing on schoolwork again.after a great day at school which contains a cool butt-kick from kong which peter couldn't foresee , he would go to hospital to visit aunt may.aunt may suddenly became a nice lady again and tells peter to go back home to get a rest after all he went through, when peter returns home he finds a package on the table which has a little note on it "a gift from an old friend"
peter opens up the package and finds a black suit which looks exactly like the symbiote costume,with only one difference, its not the symbiote.since he doesnt have his powers anymore he puts the package into the drawer.and goes back to school for another nice day as a cool butt to be kicked , but this time he somehow feels the kick coming still he doesnt react.
peter feels shocked to see his powers slowly coming back,but he feels too weak,he wears the black costume and starts sneaking around to search for Fury to talk about what the hell is going on, why was he getting his powers back, but instead of fury he crossovers with felicia
felicia looks pretty happy after seeing peter's new costume,and asks him if he liked it.peter starts yelling at her for how she learnt who he was and stuff,felicia tells him she has her ways mysteriously.and they have a real long dialouge that will bore every reader to death , and on the final felicia tells him , she needs help cuz some scientist dude found the tablet she threw into the water and Kingpin will be wanting it!!

should i keep on??

Last edited:
If I wrote this book, Tarantula (or whoever the six-armed clone is) would've won the fight with the deformed clone in 100. Seriously, four or five issues is too long to stretch out that subplot, especially since the "payoff" was stupid Sasquatch-Goblin. Also, six-arms would have to talk to MJ--we'd get some answers and he'd get a personality.

If you couldn't tell, my arc was based off of "Daredevil: Born Again"

...I like the idea of Murdock becoming a surrogate father for Peter. It would allow peter to grow, and make Ultimate Daredevil different from 616 Daredevil.

If anyone on UC wrote the book , clone saga wouldn't even exist !!!!! there was so mouch more potential on the book that , even a story with the kingpin would be hotter than Clone Saga!!!

If anyone on UC wrote the book , clone saga wouldn't even exist !!!!! there was so mouch more potential on the book that , even a story with the kingpin would be hotter than Clone Saga!!!

The Kingpin stories have been some of the best stories on the title... Throw a little bit of Daredevil in there, and you've got a great arc.

Latest posts

Back