Ultimate Spiderman Vol. 1 - present

nigma

i didn't see a thread for Ultimate Spiderman as a "whole" or the separate collections.

first off, i hate Bendis, not cuz hes a bad writer, i love is writing, but the fact he can't get his ****ing sports down. i mean how hard is it? you DON'T play basketball BEFORE football.

you play Football in the Fall, not Basketball.

and you play Basketball in the winter or spring, not in the fall, thats not even in season all you have to do is read a ****ing paper.

While im reading all the volumes Thats what pisses me off, is that there not playing the right sports at the right time of year.

and when i was reading Cats and Kings...what is MJ fathers name, Craig or Greg? cuz Aunt may said Craig, and Ms. Watson said Greg.....and now if just trying to remember what it is.

thee great one said:
Of all the things to ***** about....

WHAT? i played sports every year i was in High school and Jr. High. its part of who i am. yes, a smart Jock, who would'a thought? but it just bugs the crap out of me cuz it throws off the whole time table. cuz peters not going back in time, and he hasn't moved up a grade, so what?

So far i love every ultimate spider-man arc . (next one i need is silver sabel)

the only arc i do hate but most do not count it as spider-man arc = Ultimate six arc i thought the story was weak and the art was just bad IMO. Peter looked too difrent as did everyone else

Last edited:
Haha I never noticed that. Uh.....good job?

Anyway, I hope they go with Craig it sounds better to me.

well i play sports too, and uhh, it didnt really bug me, writers make small mistakes like that, i mean come on for all you know bendis never really played sports maybe/??

Jesus Shuttlesworth said:
well i play sports too, and uhh, it didnt really bug me, writers make small mistakes like that, i mean come on for all you know bendis never really played sports maybe/??

That's a small mistake that's coming on 7 years

Thor said:
Haha I never noticed that. Uh.....good job?

Anyway, I hope they go with Craig it sounds better to me.
I knew that Proj. was Mary Jane's father! Proj. luvs him some MILFs.

nigma said:
first off, i hate Bendis, not cuz hes a bad writer, i love is writing, but the fact he can't get his ****ing sports down. i mean how hard is it? you DON'T play basketball BEFORE football.

Wow - I never noticed that.

Hibiki said:
That's a small mistake that's coming on 7 years

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

moonmaster said:
I knew that Proj. was Mary Jane's father! Proj. luvs him some MILFs.

Should it disturb me that you know my name?

Or should it excite me? :heybaby:

didn't he also make homecoming during basketball season?

Originally Posted by Thor
They never had a Doug....it was just Greg and Craig.

yeah, it was just a joke. a bad and poorly stupid one. you know something like "third times a charm"

Last edited:
Another thing you only notice when you read it as a whole, cuz in the single issue, you miss the reference. i know i did.

from the Drew Carry Show: Buzz Beer.

if you look at any of the party panels you'll see that the kids are holding cans that say Buzz on them. and in the hollywood arc. near the end when the moive is making the debute you see a huge BUZZ beer sign in ?times square?" i think this is Marks doing.

and im still mad at Bendis for the sports reference, and if not him then at least the editors for not catching it during the rewrites.

to make matters worse read (for TPB's) Vol 1. where they have peter playing Basketball....and then 9 months later...after the hobgoblin arc, but in that TBP with ?Mark Raxton? (right after MJ and Peter break up) they make another basketball reference again....

All i have to say is Marvel will be getting a VERY angry letter from me.

other than that, everything else is alot better reading in trades than in single issues. expect Warriors, that was better in single issues. still have sable and Deadpool to read.....

Ultimate MJ said:
What? Whats the problem with basketball?

i have never in my life, seen the same sport played two different times in the same school year.

edit: there playing B-Ball in the Fall and then again in the Spring.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back