Ultimate Thanos

Yes and no.

I would like them to make note or pay homage to him but I will keal over and die if Ultimate Infinity Gauntlet is ever made. Ultimate universe is already streaching the bounds of logic with Mr. Fantastic and the FF [pun intended]. I really don't want to lose all resemblance of the semi-realistic university they have going by introducing a character who lives on a moon of Saturn.

You never know, with the news of an Ultimate Silver Surfer showing up in Extinction, this may open the door in the future for more cosmic beings in the Ultimate Universe. I kind of have to agree with E and Ultxon a little about being apprehensive about this kind of thing. As long as its well written and they take a realistic approach to the character I wouldn't mind seeing it. More Ultimate stuff is almost always a good thing.

I know this is unsurprising because I'm friends with him, but I REALLY like Compound's Ultimate Thanos idea, as a Japanese novelist who wills an extradimensional creature into our reality, with the story being tied in with an apocalyptic cult (the kind that's such a big thing in Japan, see also: Planetary).

I might go for a guy who calls himself Thanos and collects alien/superhuman artifacts and finds something Infinity Gauntlet-ish (maybe an abandoned SHIELD project with that as a codename).

DigiEmissary said:
I might go for a guy who calls himself Thanos and collects alien/superhuman artifacts and finds something Infinity Gauntlet-ish (maybe an abandoned SHIELD project with that as a codename).
I dunno, sounds too close to the original Thanos' albeit mixed with elements from the Avenger villain Collector. And having everything connected to SHIELD's well-established stash of supertech is a little too easy.

I think the most important aspect of Thanos is the fact that he's a nihilist driven by his love of an elemental force (that is, Death). If an Ultimatization is going to happen it is that aspect of his personality that needs to be emphasized.

ourchair said:
I dunno, sounds too close to the original Thanos' albeit mixed with elements from the Avenger villain Collector. And having everything connected to SHIELD's well-established stash of supertech is a little too easy.

I think the most important aspect of Thanos is the fact that he's a nihilist driven by his love of an elemental force (that is, Death). If an Ultimatization is going to happen it is that aspect of his personality that needs to be emphasized.

Maybe some sort of terrorist/serial killer who has an obsession with Death.

I enjoy Thanos' character, But he is a God-like being, And I want the Ultimate Universe to stay as realistic as possible.

Look at Ultimate Galactus, He isn't even going to be a Godly entity, And neither should Thanos.

Latest posts

Back