Ultimate titles in 2006

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Here's a quick run-down of what we can expect from the Ultimate titles in 2006. No major revelations or anything, as most of this has been covered, but it provides a nice calender of when certain things will start.

GALACTUS TRILOGY:
THE VISION back-up stories run in November's Ultimate Spider-Man #86, Ultimate X-Men #65 & Ultimate FF #25, and December's Ultimate Spider-Man #87, #88 & Ultimate FF #26. It will NOT be traded (for now). Followed by EXTINCTION from Warren Ellis & Brandon Peterson kicking off in January.

SPIDER-MAN:
March 2006: "Deadpool" launches
September 2006: "Clone Saga" launches with issue #100

X-MEN:
January 2006: Robert Kirkman & Tom Raney begin run with "Date Night"
April 2006: Kirkman's joined by Steve Dillon
June 2006: Kirkman's rejoined by Raney.

FANTASTIC FOUR:
May 2006: "President Thor" from Millar & Land
August 2006: New run with new team begins.

ULTIMATES 3:
October 2006: Launches from Jeph Loeb & Joe Madureira

ANNUALS return in July 2006

So looks like Ultimates 3 won't start until October, and we'll see more Annuals in July. At least we'll only have to wait about 6 months between Ultimates volumes this time, though not sure if the wait will be as worth it.

Are you sure President Thor starts in May? The Newsarama artice from a few weeks ago said March.

DIrishB said:
So looks like Ultimates 3 won't start until October

I hope Ultimates 2 is done by then.

Mavrick889 said:
Are you sure President Thor starts in May? The Newsarama artice from a few weeks ago said March.

I think someone mentioned it as having been moved possibly because of delays in Ultimates 2, which is probably a very subtle and small spoiler.

Mavrick889 said:

That was from an official release, so thats how it stands as of now.

UltimateE said:
I think someone mentioned it as having been moved possibly because of delays in Ultimates 2, which is probably a very subtle and small spoiler.

And thats most likely why.

I hope Ultimates 2 is done by then.

:lol:

DIrishB said:
That was from an official release, so thats how it stands as of now.

Hmmm, I think that release is a bit off, especially if the new team starts in August. Remember, there's a fourth arc by Millar and Land, "Frightful". It'd make more sense if it started in March. Unless "Frightful" comes before "President Thor" now?

icemastertron said:
Remember, DB, that the Vision backstory is now 8 pages in 3 issues.

I know, whats that got to do with this though?

Lynx said:
Hmmm, I think that release is a bit off, especially if the new team starts in August. Remember, there's a fourth arc by Millar and Land, "Frightful". It'd make more sense if it started in March. Unless "Frightful" comes before "President Thor" now?

Again:

UltimateE said:

The President Thor arc chronologically occurs AFTER Ultimates 2, so due to the delays of Ultimates 2 they pushed the President Thor arc back a couple months so as not to spoil the ending of Ultimates 2. Apparently this will push back the debut of the new creative team on the book which originally was to debut in August.

This was posted on Bendis' board, a press release for retailers. So if anything's inaccurate, I apologize, but I'm just going from that, I'm not pulling this stuff out of my *** (like I usually do).

Here's the link I got it from over on Ultimate-X.com so you can see for yourselves.

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
I know, whats that got to do with this though?
It has to do with this:

THE VISION back-up stories run in November's Ultimate Spider-Man #86, Ultimate X-Men #65 & Ultimate FF #25, and December's Ultimate Spider-Man #87, #88 & Ultimate FF #26. It will NOT be traded (for now). Followed by EXTINCTION from Warren Ellis & Brandon Peterson kicking off in January.

icemastertron said:
It has to do with this:

Oh now I see, I don't know what the deal is. I can't log into Jinxworld, so someone else will have to check. Either like Lynx said the Frightful arc is put ahead of President Thor, or the August mention of the new team starting is incorrect. Like I said, if someone can double-check on JW it would be appreciated.

UltimateE said:
I'm pretty sure that was mentioned on this board. Has this possibility been verified with either Millar or Marvel?

Is this still accurate, that they'll be contained in both Nov. and Dec. books, given the change of them now being 8-page stories? Now that they're 8 pages long, they only need to be in 3 issues to give us the complete 24 page story, unless the story is longer than previously reported.

DIrishB said:
Is this still accurate, that they'll be contained in both Nov. and Dec. books, given the change of them now being 8-page stories? Now that they're 8 pages long, they only need to be in 3 issues to give us the complete 24 page story, unless the story is longer than previously reported.

I think they said the November issues only.

And I know you weren't just pulling stuff out of you ***, DB. I was just wondering how this affected the Frightful story arc, and the new team (IF there's a new team. . .)

Lynx said:
I think they said the November issues only.

Yeah thats what I remember reading, its just tough to keep everything straight.

And I know you weren't just pulling stuff out of you ***, DB. I was just wondering how this affected the Frightful story arc, and the new team (IF there's a new team. . .)

I honestly don't know, just what it says in this. I assume now it was just a mistake in saying the new team would start in August, as I see it as likely for the President Thor arc to be pushed back to prevent spoiling the ending of Ultimates 2.

Latest posts

Back