Ultimate Vision #5 (spoilers)

E

Excelsior Club
The last issue finally came out, and it had been so long that I needed to go back and re-read the first 4 issues because I had totally forgotten what happened. All I remembered was that it was pretty uninteresting.

So, reading in in a virtual trade format, I discovered that it actually is a really good series. I really enjoyed it.

The Gah Lak Tus module had crashed itself into a military base with the intent of burrowing down to the earth's core, oversaturating itself with energy, and exploding in order to cause an extinction-level event. It had the added bonus of rupturing the tanks that held the mutigenic spray and transforming everyone in the base into the purple monsters.

Tarleton was "cured" by Vision in #4, I believe, and was helping defeat the module, which had put up a force field of sorts to protect it while it accessed the earth's core.

They penetrate the field using Sam Wilson's wings, and Vision attacks using language she accumulated over the millions of years she cataloged Gah Lak Tus. It wasn't causing enough damage, so Tarleton sent in Dima with a command to essplode. Boom.

Vision is angry with Tarleton for doing this and kills him. 'Cept he ain't dead.

And Sam Wilson urges Fury to destroy the Gah Lak Tus module at the atomic level, but he refuses.

I like how Carey wrote a lot of concepts that seemed to come from Warren Ellis's original Galactus trilogy yet keep everything very original.

I'd recommend it...it's a good "sequel" to the Galactus trilogy.

How do you get past the "robot with boobs" thing? I just find that incredibly foolish. The vision looked so awesome when it was hanging, mangled in Ultimate Nightmare that I was quite disappointed when it got green and grew breasts. I'm so desperate for a good ultimate book that I'll give this one a shot ... but the character design bothers me.

How do you get past the "robot with boobs" thing? I just find that incredibly foolish.

I agree, but that was on Millar. He changed it when he wrote the Extinction prequel. Carey had to roll with it.

And we call them R0808008Z around these parts.

Latest posts

Back